X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by aparch View Post

I forget where I read it, but I heard that's the backdoor endgame. Get a salary cap, because that will also mean there will be a salary floor.
    The small fry should have instituted a salary cap ages ago. I assume the bribe not to was revenue sharing so they could just use that to line their pockets, lose to the rich clubs, and fuck their fan bases over.

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronco View Post
    There is no way small market teams will go along with merging divisions with large market teams without a salary cap.
    I forget where I read it, but I heard that's the backdoor endgame. Get a salary cap, because that will also mean there will be a salary floor.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco
    replied
    There is no way small market teams will go along with merging divisions with large market teams without a salary cap.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    MLBPA wanting to scale back revenue sharing is worrying. That seems harmful to their constituents.
    I think the idea is revenue sharing enable owners like Pittsburgh to cheap out because the other owners are paying them to be Little Sisters of the Poor.

If everybody has to sink or swim, the deadbeat owners are squeezed out and salaries will rise faster overall.

The players want an MLB owned by 32 SACs.

Leave a comment:

• JF_Gophers
    replied
    MLBPA wanting to scale back revenue sharing is worrying. That seems harmful to their constituents.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    I'll take

ATL
    CIN
    MIA
    (MON)
    NYM
    PHI
    PIT
    WSH

AZ
    CHC
    COL
    LAD
    MIL
    SD
    SF
    STL

But in my world there are no wild cards -- we go back to a single best-of-5 NLCS.

Since obvious they are money-grubbing pigs, we will wind up with top 2 in each division plus 2 wild cards, first round best-of-3 while the champ of each division gets a bye.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    DOuble ish.

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied
    Being reported that the MLBPA initial offer wants to expand the playoffs to 12 and cut each league to two divisions, aka expand to 32.

Assuming they keep AL and NL, you’d have

AL East
    BAL
    BOS
    TB/MTL
    TOR
    NYY
    CLE
    DET
    CHW?

AL West
    HOU
    TEX
    OAK/LV
    LAA
    SEA
    KC
    MIN
    CHW?

NL East
    ATL
    MIA
    NYM
    PHI
    WSH
    PIT
    CIN
    CHC?
    MIL?

NL West
    LAD
    SD
    SF
    AZ
    COL
    STL
    CHC?
    MIL?

The Chicago teams and Milwaukee (and Cardinals to an extent) are hard to place. You’d have to break up some deep rivalries, both historic and geographic. Plus, with relocations and expansion cities up in the air, that adds a ton of other variables. Vegas and Montreal are expansion or relocation options, Raleigh/Charlotte, Nashville, and Portland are always thrown around for expansion.

Leave a comment:

• JF_Gophers
    replied
    Rangers:
    Corey Seager. 10 years / $325m
    Marcus Semien 7 years / $175m
    Jon Gray 4 years / $56m

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

They giving out NL East participation rings now? ;-)

I kid!
    Hey if anybody can screw it up it's us.

Leave a comment:

• JF_Gophers
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

If he can keep his stuff together and deGrom comes back for a full year he might get another ring.
    They giving out NL East participation rings now? ;-)

I kid!

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    So Max just looking for a last payday instead of trying to win another ring.
    If he can keep his stuff together and deGrom comes back for a full year he might get another ring.

We (Escobar, Canha, Marte, Scherzer) might not be done (Baez and/or Gausman). SAC is Honey Badger.

Edit: Not Gausman (Toronto).
    Last edited by Kepler; 11-29-2021, 01:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JF_Gophers
    replied
    So Max just looking for a last payday instead of trying to win another ring.

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Scherzer to the Mets.

Maybe.

The internet does not disappoint.

Max Scherzer’s deal with the Mets is done, per source. Three years, $130 million, an opt out after the second season.

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied
    The only thing it took to spur an actual fun hot stove off-season is a looming cripling labor strike by baseball.

Ugh. Why do the sports I love (baseball/hockey) have to hurt me so badly?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X