Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Tony oliva finally in the hall of fame

Leave a comment:

• JF_Gophers
    replied
    Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    So only if the player has a split or MLB contract. Got it. Players on minors contracts aren't bound to that, and get paid WAY less.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Minimum salary

Usually one of the last items addressed. Was $570,500 in the major leagues in 2021, $46,600 in the minor leagues for a player signing his initial major league contract and $93,000 in the minor leagues for a player signing a second or later major league contract.

Both sides would raise minimum but disagree on amounts.

Source

Leave a comment:

• JF_Gophers
    replied
    Minor League salary minimums are still covered in the CBA so they are effectively part of it.
    I can't find any evidence of that. Do you have any source on that, or is it just from memory? Pretty sure the only impact is that MiLB players on the 40-man roster wont be able to play if MLB is locked out.

They did get a small raise as part of the MilB re-org that MLB forced last year. But that wasn't part of the 2016 CBA.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post

Minor leaguers are not unionized and are not part of the CBA. I do agree they should get paid more though.
    Minor League salary minimums are still covered in the CBA so they are effectively part of it.

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    So glad I paid for my 2022 season tickets on Tuesday. Siiigh.

Leave a comment:

• JF_Gophers
    replied
    Most players aren’t millionaires, especially the minor leaguers, fuck outta here with that “billionaires versus millionaires” anti-labor BS.
    Minor leaguers are not unionized and are not part of the CBA. I do agree they should get paid more though.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Most players aren’t millionaires, especially the minor leaguers, fuck outta here with that “billionaires versus millionaires” anti-labor BS.

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied
    Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    Billionaires fighting millionaires...

They'll drag this out into April or so and we'll get a 120 game season again.
    And unfortunately a good portion of people would rather take the billionaires’ side. The average FA contract has dropped nearly 50% since the last CBA, but you know how many “poor player” sarcastic comments you’ll see?

Same story every time. When it’s the owners, it’s their business. But for the players, it’s never their jobs, it’s always just a game.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    I'll still pick the millionaires.

At least they had a skill.

Leave a comment:

• RaceBoarder
    replied

They'll drag this out into April or so and we'll get a 120 game season again.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    And we're officially locked out as of 30 minutes ago.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

The small fry should have instituted a salary cap ages ago. I assume the bribe not to was revenue sharing so they could just use that to line their pockets, lose to the rich clubs, and fuck their fan bases over.
    The salary cap never got instituted because the owners screwed the players out of millions by colluding in free agency

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

The small fry should have instituted a salary cap ages ago. I assume the bribe not to was revenue sharing so they could just use that to line their pockets, lose to the rich clubs, and fuck their fan bases over.
    The Minnesota Twins are on line 1.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X