Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB 2020: We'll Play Ball, I Guess.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 24 MIN 27 $71,742,857
    Yeah, that seems right.
    the state of hockey is good

    Comment


    • Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
      24 MIN 27 $71,742,857
      Yeah, that seems right.
      Scherzer, Cole, Rendon, Trout, and Strasburg all will make more in base salary than the entirety of the Pirates, Orioles, or Guardians.
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

      1966, 1986, 2007

      Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

      Comment


      • Decided to GM in a fictional baseball league (24 teams) in OOTP '22. All the teams are named after TV/Movie/Book/Video Game teams. Made the playoffs in the leagues 1st year (as Pythons GM)!

        Philadelphia defeated San Francisco for the 1st ever championship.

        NE Div: New York Knights, Ottawa Raptors, Hackensack Bulls, Hoboken Zephyrs, Albany Senators, Metropolis Monarchs
        E Div: Bedrock Boulders, Baltimore Nordiques, Boston Boomers, Pittsburgh Pythons, Philadelphia Patriots, Springfield Isotopes
        S Div: New Orleans Pelicans, Atlanta Hawks, Wichita Wraiths, Kansas City Regeants, Miami Gators, St. Louis Wolves
        W Div: Los Santos Saints, Hollywood Stars, San Diego Whalers, San Francisco Owls, Denver Marshalls, Las Venturas Bandits
        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
        Steam Profile

        Sports Allegiance
        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

        Comment


        • Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
          Decided to GM in a fictional baseball league (24 teams) in OOTP '22. All the teams are named after TV/Movie/Book/Video Game teams. Made the playoffs in the leagues 1st year (as Pythons GM)!

          Philadelphia defeated San Francisco for the 1st ever championship.

          NE Div: New York Knights, Ottawa Raptors, Hackensack Bulls, Hoboken Zephyrs, Albany Senators, Metropolis Monarchs
          E Div: Bedrock Boulders, Baltimore Nordiques, Boston Boomers, Pittsburgh Pythons, Philadelphia Patriots, Springfield Isotopes
          S Div: New Orleans Pelicans, Atlanta Hawks, Wichita Wraiths, Kansas City Regeants, Miami Gators, St. Louis Wolves
          W Div: Los Santos Saints, Hollywood Stars, San Diego Whalers, San Francisco Owls, Denver Marshalls, Las Venturas Bandits
          This is brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. I bow down. But I do not get this one: Boston Boomers. And Kansas City Regeants eludes me, too.

          And the absence of an Iowa Baseball Confederacy reference bums me out.
          Last edited by Kepler; 12-29-2021, 06:52 PM.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

          Comment


          • Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
            Decided to GM in a fictional baseball league (24 teams) in OOTP '22. All the teams are named after TV/Movie/Book/Video Game teams. Made the playoffs in the leagues 1st year (as Pythons GM)!

            Philadelphia defeated San Francisco for the 1st ever championship.

            NE Div: New York Knights, Ottawa Raptors, Hackensack Bulls, Hoboken Zephyrs, Albany Senators, Metropolis Monarchs
            E Div: Bedrock Boulders, Baltimore Nordiques, Boston Boomers, Pittsburgh Pythons, Philadelphia Patriots, Springfield Isotopes
            S Div: New Orleans Pelicans, Atlanta Hawks, Wichita Wraiths, Kansas City Regeants, Miami Gators, St. Louis Wolves
            W Div: Los Santos Saints, Hollywood Stars, San Diego Whalers, San Francisco Owls, Denver Marshalls, Las Venturas Bandits
            You got Los Santos and Las Venturas but not San Fierro, Vice City, or Liberty City? Booooooo. :-p
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

            Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
              You got Los Santos and Las Venturas but not San Fierro, Vice City, or Liberty City? Booooooo. :-p
              Did Liberty City have a baseball team? I only remember the Cocks and Beavers from III, and those were soccer teams. Maybe IV had one, but I played that game so disjointedly I don’t remember much.
              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

              1966, 1986, 2007

              Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

                Did Liberty City have a baseball team? I only remember the Cocks and Beavers from III, and those were soccer teams. Maybe IV had one, but I played that game so disjointedly I don’t remember much.
                The IV version had a baseball team: the Liberty Swingers. San Fierro had the Packers.
                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                I spell Failure with UAF

                Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                Comment


                • Nothing from "Baseketball"?

                  Cornell '04, Stanford '06


                  KDR

                  Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                  iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                  gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                  Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                  Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                  TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                  DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

                  Test to see if I can add this.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                    Nothing from "Baseketball"?
                    San Diego Whalers

                    Got my list from https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...l_sports_teams
                    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                    Steam Profile

                    Sports Allegiance
                    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

                      Scherzer, Cole, Rendon, Trout, and Strasburg all will make more in base salary than the entirety of the Pirates, Orioles, or Guardians.
                      guardians….. how fucking stupid. Like a turdburger for fucks sake
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

                      Comment


                      • Hope this comes thru on the mobile -- from Nathan Ruiz on Twitter, the new LF at Camden Yards.

                        Ahh f it. Here's the link: https://twitter.com/NathanSRuiz/stat...18140150280197
                        Last edited by joecct; 01-14-2022, 04:09 PM.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

                        ”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

                        Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

                        I want to live forever. So far, so good.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          Hope this comes thru on the mobile -- from Nathan Ruiz on Twitter, the new LF at Camden Yards.

                          <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">As this image shows more clearly, the leftmost corner of the bullpen will be 380 feet from home plate, with the jut directly next to it at 400 feet. The left-field corner remains 333 feet from home (about league average) but quickly increases, reaching 384 feet in two sections. <a href="https://t.co/IEWEOjPbHb">pic.twitter.com/IEWEOjPbHb</a></p>&mdash; Nathan Ruiz (@NathanSRuiz) <a href="https://twitter.com/NathanSRuiz/status/1482018140150280197?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 14, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                          Not at all.
                          Russell Jaslow
                          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                          U.S. College Hockey Online

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

                            guardians….. how fucking stupid. Like a turdburger for fucks sake
                            I mean it is Ohio...
                            Let's Go Broncos!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

                              guardians….. how fucking stupid. Like a turdburger for fucks sake
                              Opinions vary. I didn't like it until I learned those cool sculptures are called The Guardians.




                              Now I think this has the opportunity for art deco goodness. Especially when the current infantilization trend of logos, and culture in general, is rejected.
                              Last edited by Kepler; 01-14-2022, 03:20 PM.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

                                Opinions vary. I didn't like it until I learned those cool sculptures are called The Guardians.




                                Now I think this has the opportunity for art deco goodness. Especially when the current infantilization trend of logos, and culture in general, is rejected.
                                I wasn't aware the sculptures were called the Guardians of Traffic until after the name change was announced by the (formerly) Indians, and I became a transplanted Clevelander years ago. These sculptures are part of the Hope Memorial Bridge, known also as the Lorain-Carnegie Bridge. I see the sculptures every time I use the bridge, which is fairly regularly, but had no clue what they were. They are pretty neat looking, and once I realized where the new team name came from, it has grown on me a bit. I think if the team had changed its name 50 or 60 years ago, by now most people would think it was pretty cool. Progressive Field is at the corner of Carnegie Avenue and Ontario Street in Cleveland, and the bridge begins just a few hundred yards west of the Guardians home park, spanning the Cuyahoga River. The avenue becomes Lorain Avenue at the end of the bridge heading west.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X