X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aparch
    replied
    Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    Maybe it's not up to Max? He doesn't seem like one who would not be willing to throw extra.
    I thought I saw on Twitter that he has dead arm.

Leave a comment:

• JF_Gophers
    replied
    Maybe it's not up to Max? He doesn't seem like one who would not be willing to throw extra.

Leave a comment:

• WeAreNDHockey
    replied
    How fragile are modern baseball players? Despite an extra day of rest Max Scherzer still can't go tonight? How in the hell can throwing one unplanned inning 9 days earlier still be messing him up? It isn't like his team needs him to throw 9 innings on two days rest or throw 3 complete games in a 7 game series. How about taking the ball and giving them 6 innings? What a wimp.

From the looks of it, the Dodgers acquiring Scherzer and Trea Turner really didn't matter so much. They didn't catch San Francisco and their lead over St. Louis finished at 16 games. Hard to believe they would have coughed that up regardless. Scherzer only pitched 4 innings on full rest in the WC game and wasn't the winner, anyone could have lost for the Dodgers in game 3 against the Giants since they didn't plate a single run and he didn't do much in game 2 against the Braves. After leading the league in hits during the regular season, in the post season Turner is hitting 100 points below his season average. He's scored just 2 runs and driven in just 2, after finishing the regular season 107 and 77 respectively. Fortunately for LA these deadline trades usually don't end up in getting rental players and giving up Walter Johnson or Hank Aaron types.

Leave a comment:

• Fighting Sioux 23
    replied
    Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

The Dodgers have one of the highest payrolls and just won the WS last year. Houston cheats. Boston also has a high payroll and has won a few WS recently. Fuck Atlanta and the chop, plus the announcers kissed their *** all 7 games of the 1991 WS.
    Agreed. This postseason absolutely sucks. Given that it looks like Houston is all but assured of reaching the World Series, I guess Go Dodgers...which probably means they'll get a 10 spot hung on them by the end of the 2nd inning tomorrow. : (

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Not really a concern of mine, if you get my drift. :-(
    Cornell #1 mofo!!!

Leave a comment:

• The Sicatoka
    replied

Post-Plague, definitely.
    So sometime after Penn State v. North Dakota in Bridgestone in Nashville.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

You going to Red Hot Hockey? Would love to meet up.
    Post-Plague, definitely.

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied

LIU-Ithaca would be a great nasty nickname for Cornell.

See also: LIU-Boston.

You going to Red Hot Hockey? Would love to meet up.

OK, so my fear of Atlanta beating LA and giving the Red Sox home field advantage with the possibility of me having the slightest chance of the having tickets to a potential World Series Game 7 series clinching game and not being able to go due to work has now dissipated given the collapse Tuesday, last night's awful loss and Atlanta now being one win away from the World Series. Just what I wanted for my birthday - a loss to close out the ALCS. Oh well.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post

LIU isn't a D1 force in hockey?
    LIU-Ithaca would be a great nasty nickname for Cornell.

See also: LIU-Boston.

Leave a comment:

• The Sicatoka
    replied
    Another post-season, another list of former Twins doing better than they ever did for the "Twin Cities" logo.

Leave a comment:

• SonofSouthie
    replied
    Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

The Dodgers have one of the highest payrolls and just won the WS last year. Houston cheats. Boston also has a high payroll and has won a few WS recently. Fuck Atlanta and the chop, plus the announcers kissed their *** all 7 games of the 1991 WS.
    The Dodgers have one of the highest payrolls and just won the WS last year.
    Yeah, after a 60 game regular season. Big asterisk in my book.

Leave a comment:

• JF_Gophers
    replied

LIU isn't a D1 force in hockey?

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

but.....the frozen four this season?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied

I'm OK with rooting for LA. I'd be OK rooting for Boston if when they are on a road we tow the entire city out to sea on a garbage scow and sink it.
    but.....the frozen four this season?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied

I'm OK with rooting for LA. I'd be OK rooting for Boston if when they are on a road we tow the entire city out to sea on a garbage scow and sink it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X