Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB 2020: We'll Play Ball, I Guess.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Probably won't have a season. But..

    Berrios resigns with Jays for 7 yr/$131m
    Syndergaard signs with Angels for 1 yr/$21m.
    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

    Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

    Comment


    • Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
      Syndergaard signs with Angels
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

      Comment


      • Is the CBA up?
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

        Comment


        • Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          Is the CBA up?
          Yup. Reports are teams who are trying to get free agents are trying to get it done before December 1st since there cannot be negotiations or transactions during a lockout.
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

          1966, 1986, 2007

          Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

          Comment


          • A United States bookmaker is facing one of its biggest losses ever on a bet that was placed in March and will be decided Thursday night.
            On March 19, a bettor in Nevada placed a $30,000 on Shohei Ohtaani to win the American League MVP award at 30-1 odds with a William Hill sportsbook. Ohtani is a finalist, along with Toronto Blue Jays stars Vladimir Guerrero Jr. and Marcus Semien.
            If Ohtani wins, the bettor will net $900,000, and William Hill will have suffered an overall seven-figure loss on an awards market that typically doesn't attract a ton of money.
            "It's going to be the biggest loss on that type of market ever," Adam Pullen, assistant director of trading for William Hill (now Caesars Sportsbook), told ESPN. "It's going to stick an out as a line item, when you see award betting and a big minus."
            A bad cause requires many words.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
              A United States bookmaker is facing one of its biggest losses ever on a bet that was placed in March and will be decided Thursday night.
              On March 19, a bettor in Nevada placed a $30,000 on Shohei Ohtaani to win the American League MVP award at 30-1 odds with a William Hill sportsbook. Ohtani is a finalist, along with Toronto Blue Jays stars Vladimir Guerrero Jr. and Marcus Semien.
              If Ohtani wins, the bettor will net $900,000, and William Hill will have suffered an overall seven-figure loss on an awards market that typically doesn't attract a ton of money.
              "It's going to be the biggest loss on that type of market ever," Adam Pullen, assistant director of trading for William Hill (now Caesars Sportsbook), told ESPN. "It's going to stick an out as a line item, when you see award betting and a big minus."
              While kind of interesting, part of the reason I no longer watch nearly as much sports as I used to is because of the focus on all things gambling around them. I get it's all about the $$$$, but it's still gross.

              Now let me tell you about the onion I wore on my belt, as was the style at the time...

              Comment


              • Originally posted by unofan View Post

                While kind of interesting, part of the reason I no longer watch nearly as much sports as I used to is because of the focus on all things gambling around them. I get it's all about the $$$$, but it's still gross.

                Now let me tell you about the onion I wore on my belt, as was the style at the time...
                I'm with you. Fanduel and Draftkings ruined a lot of sports coverage for me.

                Make that two onions.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                Comment


                • Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                  Probably won't have a season. But...
                  but nothing!! and just when the buccos were primed to win it all!
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                    A United States bookmaker is facing one of its biggest losses ever on a bet that was placed in March and will be decided Thursday night.
                    On March 19, a bettor in Nevada placed a $30,000 on Shohei Ohtaani to win the American League MVP award at 30-1 odds with a William Hill sportsbook. Ohtani is a finalist, along with Toronto Blue Jays stars Vladimir Guerrero Jr. and Marcus Semien.
                    If Ohtani wins, the bettor will net $900,000, and William Hill will have suffered an overall seven-figure loss on an awards market that typically doesn't attract a ton of money.
                    "It's going to be the biggest loss on that type of market ever," Adam Pullen, assistant director of trading for William Hill (now Caesars Sportsbook), told ESPN. "It's going to stick an out as a line item, when you see award betting and a big minus."
                    Cha-Ching
                    A bad cause requires many words.

                    Comment


                    • I thought those guys were insured?
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        I thought those guys were insured?
                        Not sportsbooks. That comes right out of their coffers. Those furniture store promos, Jordan's Furniture "If a Red Sox pitcher throws a no-hitter" between a certain amount of time or Mattress Mack(the loveable loser that keeps betting the 'Stros will win the series(lost $4 mil this year)and his Gallery Furniture chain in Houston are insured.
                        A bad cause requires many words.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          I thought those guys were insured?
                          Generally not the bookmakers themselves, though they will sometimes split a large ticket with another book to spread the risk if they can find a taker.

                          Comment


                          • New to HOF ballot this year, a few former Twins.

                            Justin Morneau, Joe Nathan, A.J. Pierzynski
                            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                            Steam Profile

                            Sports Allegiance
                            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

                            Comment


                            • I'd vote for Nathan ans mourn Morneau's career with what should have been.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                              Comment


                              • Buxton gets 7 years / $100 m from Twins.

                                Fair number of on field incentives.
                                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                                Steam Profile

                                Sports Allegiance
                                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X