MLB 2020: We'll Play Ball, I Guess.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post

So, Ohtani single handedly ends the Mariners chances?
    Well, he’s not pitching.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

He last pitched on Monday against Seattle so one would figure he'd go Sat(5th day). The Angels have Suarez listed for tonight, Diaz listed for tomorrow, and Sunday is TBD. He'll have to do it from the plate I guess.
      A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

More likely the Nats do.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• C'mon guys, stop busting the Mariner's balls. https://***********/dannyoneil/statu...35019954139141

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• We could have a 4-way tie for the 2 AL WC slots.

Should all four teams finish 91-71, two tiebreaker games will be played Monday to determine the wild-card teams. The teams will get to choose their tiebreaking placement (what MLB is calling the A, B, C and D designation) by virtue of best winning percentage among the games played among the group. Club A would host Club B in one wild-card tiebreaker, and Club C would host Club D in the other, with the winners earning the two wild-card spots and playing Tuesday.

In this scenario, the Red Sox, who went 24-21 against the other three teams, would get first choice and almost certainly would choose to host one of the games. The Blue Jays (22-22) would pick next and also almost certainly choose to host the other tiebreaker. The Yankees (22-23) would get third choice and would pick the team, either the Red Sox or Blue Jays, they would like to play. The Mariners (15-17) then would play whomever the Yankees do not pick.
            Last edited by Kepler; 10-02-2021, 10:16 PM.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• My Brewers are looking like they'll make an early exit next week...

There room on the M's bandwagon? I want to experience the late '90s again when I loved them and Junior. With a better outcome.
                Last edited by aparch; 10-03-2021, 12:48 AM.
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Definitely cheering for this…with the Jays and Mariners winning.
                  Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                  Originally posted by Quizmire
                  mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                  MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                  MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                  I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Though this would include two game 163s (and could end up with a third between LAD-SF), it would keep us from the first ever game 164. Need a three way tie for that to happen.
                    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

Though this would include two game 163s (and could end up with a third between LAD-SF), it would keep us from the first ever game 164. Need a three way tie for that to happen.
                      I like how the LAD-SFG game 163 would be for the loser to host the Cardinals for the WC and assuming the LAD/SFG team wins that then on to the other LAD/SFG team for the NLDS. Followed by a sack race every third Friday until a winner is declared.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Every game being at 3pm is both good and annoying.
                        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• This is ****ing stupid. They have a tiebreaker to decide how to sort teams for a tiebreaker game?
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                            My Brewers are looking like they'll make an early exit next week...

There room on the M's bandwagon? I want to experience the late '90s again when I loved them and Junior. With a better outcome.
                            The Seahawks fans have made me weary of ever cheering for a Seattle team again.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

This is ****ing stupid. They have a tiebreaker to decide how to sort teams for a tiebreaker game?
                              I mean, they have to at some level. If it's a normal 2- team tie, they still have a tiebreaker to decide home field advantage.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

This is ****ing stupid. They have a tiebreaker to decide how to sort teams for a tiebreaker game?
                                Before 2009, it was a coin flip for home field if there was a one game tiebreaker. After the White Sox beat the Twins at home, even though they lost the season series 10-8, they changed the rule the next season for home field to be decided by season series. This paid off for the Twins in 2009 when they got to host 163 against Detroit rather than having it left up to a coin flip.

I’m not sure what the process actually used to be for four team scenarios, but my guess it was drawing lots to place teams into slots A-D. All that changed now is it’s due to on field performance rather than luck.
                                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Working...
                                X