This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post

I prefer my interesting pennant races to contain 100-win teams.
    I don’t blame you, anything involving the Mariners being a half game back can’t be worth watching to normal humans.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• For the past week, all I've heard is how easy the schedule is for the Red Sox after the series with the Yankees. And I said to myself, all that blathering is going to come back to haunt them. And it did. Losing the the ORIOLES????? JFC. I thought the loss I saw on Friday was the biggest game of the season and they choked. They've continually one upped themselves since Friday night. I see tickets to the Tuesday's Wild Card game in my MLB Ballpark app. I scheduled a 4:30pm creative review meeting for Tuesday because I know I won't have to go to Fenway.

Comment

• Devin Williams breaks his hand punching a wall, needs surgery. Brilliant.
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Last week I was helping my FIL inventory an estate up in St. Cloud. The deceased man had two hobbies regarding collections. First was coins, and then it was signed baseball and a single bat. The bat, which I had a chance to hold, was a Babe Ruth game-used bat, certified authentic, from a game the Yankees played in Hawaii. I wasn’t allowed to swing it.

the baseballs had a variety of eras, including a number from those Yankees teams, and some from a variety of HOF games and inductions.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• What I wouldn't give to swing a Ruth-swung bat
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• My Seattle sensibilities are not letting me get too hyped about the Ms but somehow they keep winning.

Asked a buddy of mine who’s a big Mariners fan where this all came from and his response was “I dunno”.
              I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Wait?!? The Mariners are still alive in the AL West? Dafuq?
                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• The Giants earned their 104th victory of the season, breaking a tie with the 1962 and 1993 clubs for the most wins in a single season since the franchise moved west in ‘58. The John McGraw-led 1904 New York Giants’ franchise-record is 106 wins.
                  A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    What I wouldn't give to swing a Ruth-swung bat
                    Is this a hooker reference?

Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                      The Giants earned their 104th victory of the season, breaking a tie with the 1962 and 1993 clubs for the most wins in a single season since the franchise moved west in ‘58. The John McGraw-led 1904 New York Giants’ franchise-record is 106 wins.
                      And the 1904 season was only 153 games. 1904, 1905, and 1912 will likely be better for winning percentage, but fourth all time ain't bad.

What's the record for losing a division in the wild card era? Dodgers might end up with that.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Found it, 2001 A's with 102, behind the 116 win Mariners.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                          Found it, 2001 A's with 102, behind the 116 win Mariners.
                          Who both lost to the Yankees.
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• With the Red Sox loss to the Orioles yesterday the Seattle Mariners are tied for the second wildcard spot.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                              With the Red Sox loss to the Orioles yesterday the Seattle Mariners are tied for the second wildcard spot.
                              Seattle at home against the Angels and Boston at Washington starting tonight.
                              A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                                Seattle at home against the Angels and Boston at Washington starting tonight.
                                So, Ohtani single handedly ends the Mariners chances?
                                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Working...
                                X