X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

So we’re going to conveniently ignore the fact that Ortiz was a known steroid user?
    Ortiz OPS+ with Minnesota without roids: 108
    Ortiz OPS+ with Boston with roids: 148

He doesn't belong anywhere near the HOF.

Leave a comment:

• Russell Jaslow
    replied
    Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    However, David Ortiz is IN.
    So we’re going to conveniently ignore the fact that Ortiz was a known steroid user?

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

**** them. Also **** every owner and writer who operated during the same period. They all knew.
    MLB Network is having an interesting discussion about them right now. One of the writers talking said "Look how Sosa helped save baseball in 98 after the strike of 94. Look how much interest there was in the sport."

One of the former players on the same panel goes "When I think of Sosa, I think of the PED reports. I think of the corked bat. I think of all the times he got caught. That was one guy who was potentially taking a spot from me and other clean players because he was cheating to get ahead."

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied
    Final year as well for Clemens.

I'm okay with Ortiz being elected. Bonds, Clemens, and Curt Shilling can get fu**ed.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Barry Bonds has been effectively shut out of the Hall of Fame. Last year of eligibility and didn't even come close. Schilling didn't make it either. Not sure how many more years of eligibility Roger Clemens has.
    **** them. Also **** every owner and writer who operated during the same period. They all knew.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Barry Bonds has been effectively shut out of the Hall of Fame. Last year of eligibility and didn't even come close. Schilling didn't make it either. Not sure how many more years of eligibility Roger Clemens has.

However, David Ortiz is IN.
    Last edited by MissThundercat; 01-25-2022, 05:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied
    There’s no way Rogers would allow a second team in Toronto. Plus unless there’s a shared stadium you’d probably have to build one out in Mississauga.

I would prefer Montreal to keep divisions intact, but I suppose Nashville and Carolina would accomplish the same thing.

Vegas is getting a team at some point, only question is will it be the A’s or an expansion team.

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I hope this means they are telling them to just move. Split sites are awful; I'd have shot it down too.

Has anyone suggested they just have a second Toronto team? Or a Vancouver team (Seattle would sh-t a brick)?
    I interpret it at the usual "build a nice place to play or move. 2027 is your deadline."

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    MLB has shot down the Montreal/Tampa plan after initially giving blessing.

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/rays...with-montreal/
    I hope this means they are telling them to just move. Split sites are awful; I'd have shot it down too.

Has anyone suggested they just have a second Toronto team? Or a Vancouver team (Seattle would sh-t a brick)?

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied
    MLB has shot down the Montreal/Tampa plan after initially giving blessing.

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/rays...with-montreal/

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post

Maybe they are keeping the locals in?
    Not effective, Machine Gun Kelly got out.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post

Leave a comment:

• WisconsinWildcard
    replied
    Originally posted by French Rage View Post
    To have proper guardians, your city needs to contain something worth guarding.

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied
    Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

They guard the river the burns
    "Who the f* still uses a pay phone?"

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied
    Originally posted by French Rage View Post
    To have proper guardians, your city needs to contain something worth guarding.
    They guard the river the burns

Leave a comment:

Working...
X