Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB 2020: We'll Play Ball, I Guess.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

    Winning the Peterson game has me feeling better about this series. Maybe we can sneak 3. That was the first time we have beaten the Cubs at home since 2017.
    3 is probable now. 4 looks like a reasonable hope.

    Comment


    • Diamondbacks lose their 23rd in a row on the road, setting the all-time record. They're now 20-50, going 6-38 since the end of April when they were actually over .500 at 14-12.
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

      1966, 1986, 2007

      Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

      Comment


      • Thought Zona might have a chance Tues night when they went up 7-0.
        A bad cause requires many words.

        Comment


        • Velo (blue) graphed against spin rate (red), this season. See if you can pick the exact moment MLB announced the would start checking balls.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            Velo (blue) graphed against spin rate (red), this season. See if you can pick the exact moment MLB announced the would start checking balls.
            Goddammit. This explains why the Brewers have dropped five straight following a run of 14 wins in 15 games.

            Brat grease is apparently a foreign substance to baseball...
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

            Live Radio from 100.3

            Comment


            • 19th straight road loss for the Orioles this past Thur. Longest road losing streak in AL history:
              1. 1943 Philadelphia Athletics: 22 games (July 11 to Aug. 24)
              2. 1916 Philadelphia Athletics: 20 games (June 27 to Aug. 8)
              3. 1945 Philadelphia Athletics: 19 games (May 20 to July 3)
              4. 2021 Baltimore Orioles: 19 games (May 11 to present)
              5. Several teams tied with 18 straight losses
              A bad cause requires many words.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                19th straight road loss for the Orioles this past Thur. Longest road losing streak in AL history:
                1. 1943 Philadelphia Athletics: 22 games (July 11 to Aug. 24)
                2. 1916 Philadelphia Athletics: 20 games (June 27 to Aug. 8)
                3. 1945 Philadelphia Athletics: 19 games (May 20 to July 3)
                4. 2021 Baltimore Orioles: 19 games (May 11 to present)
                5. Several teams tied with 18 straight losses
                It's almost impressive that the 2003 Tigers were so consistently bad they never show up on any of these lists. Longest losing streak was only 11, but it was an entire season of losing 9, winning 1, losing 8, winning 1, losing 6, winning 2, losing 10...
                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

                1966, 1986, 2007

                Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

                Comment


                • How can this be(?) you wondered.

                  https://www.si.com/mlb/2021/06/21/gi...ing-the-opener

                  A bad cause requires many words.

                  Comment


                  • So after 150 years of baseball in the NL and 120 in the AL the records for consecutive road losing streaks in each league could be broken in the same week.

                    It's a coincidence. But it's an impressive coincidence.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                    Comment


                    • I guess Byron Buxton will never shake his curse. :-(
                      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                      Steam Profile

                      Sports Allegiance
                      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        So after 150 years of baseball in the NL and 120 in the AL the records for consecutive road losing streaks in each league could be broken in the same week.

                        It's a coincidence. But it's an impressive coincidence.
                        The first two perfect games in the NL were five days apart in 1880. It took 84 years for the next one.
                        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

                        1966, 1986, 2007

                        Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

                        Comment


                        • Wut
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

                            The first two perfect games in the NL were five days apart in 1880. It took 84 years for the next one.
                            It only took 2 years. The Mets started in 1962.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                            Comment


                            • Fuuuuuuuuck all of these diva pitchers. Don't act like you're the victims here.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                Fuuuuuuuuck all of these diva pitchers. Don't act like you're the victims here.
                                If you're talking about Mad Max...it was BS for Girardi to continually ask him to be checked. I don't blame Max one bit for getting ****ed off
                                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                                -Gallagher

                                R.I.P.
                                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

                                SCSU 2015-16 scoring by class through 40 games
                                Seniors: 210 points (71G, 139A) from 5 players
                                Juniors: 39 points (8G, 31A) from 4 players
                                Sophomores: 99 points (49G, 50A) from 5 players
                                Freshmen: 129 points (43G, 86A) from 8 players

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X