X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronco View Post

Having MLB have two sets of rules is as dumb as if the NHL had the Wales conference remove the two line pass, and the Campbell conference keep it. I mean, heck, even Bettman got that right.
    I quite agree. The AL should have started playing real baseball again.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Having MLB have two sets of rules is as dumb as if the NHL had the Wales conference remove the two line pass, and the Campbell conference keep it. I mean, heck, even Bettman got that right.

Leave a comment:

• First Time, Long Time
    replied
    Fine by me.

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    https://twitter.com/chelsea_janes/st...112670216?s=21

Universal DH is here. RIP double switch.
    Boooooooooooooooooooo

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronco View Post
    Good.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco
    replied
    Good.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

Creeping meatballism triumphs again.

Leave a comment:

• unofan
    replied
    Boooooooo.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    :-(

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied
    But to answer the question, there did seem to be some activity a few days ago that piqued the interest of all the sportwriters on Twitter. I forget the exact details tweeted, but owners were willing to give in on two huge things the PA wanted, and the PA was willing to forget two of their things.... there was still a screaming match but the two sides said they wanted to meet again the next day. So it sounds promising that the season won't be shortened.

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

When you negotiate against a deadline nothing happens until the last 12 hours.

Figure out when MLB has to start refunding money on its television contracts and you'll know what the deadline is.
    MLB Network (well, the former players on the network) did some rough math back in December, and said to take opening day, subtract three weeks to get "into game shape / abbreviated spring training," and then subtract another couple of days to make sure deals get in place and to recall players from their homes...

So... first week of March roughly.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    Has there been any news released about the lockout, any progress, any discussions? Pitchers and catchers are supposed to report soon. I haven't seen or heard anything.
    When you negotiate against a deadline nothing happens until the last 12 hours.

Figure out when MLB has to start refunding money on its television contracts and you'll know what the deadline is.

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    Has there been any news released about the lockout, any progress, any discussions? Pitchers and catchers are supposed to report soon. I haven't seen or heard anything.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Legendary Lloyd is now the manager of the Mud Hens.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X