MLB 2020: We'll Play Ball, I Guess.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    MASN is dumping both their Nats and O's broadcast teams.
    Good, they were both awful.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Good, they were both awful.
      You're the only person I know who doesn't like Gary Thorne.
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

You're the only person I know who doesn't like Gary Thorne.
        That's not the worst of it. I didn't like Dave Niehaus. I believe that's a capital crime in the PNW.

I hate homer announcers. I know you hafta do it in the Springfield vs Shelbyville podunk markets, but, guh. Give you audience some effing credit.
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• HOF vote results is today. Its possible no one gets in. But a few PEDs might make it. Bonds, Clemens.
          PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
            HOF vote results is today. Its possible no one gets in. But a few PEDs might make it. Bonds, Clemens.
            And nobody gets in. I can see waiting until the last chance for Bonds, but for Clemens? Some of his best years were early. Crazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
              HOF vote results is today. Its possible no one gets in. But a few PEDs might make it. Bonds, Clemens.
              No one was elected.
              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Schilling missed it by 16 votes. Next year is the last year for Schilling, Clemens, Bonds, and Sosa.

Schilling is probably the only one of that group with a chance next year.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Schilling missed it by 16 votes. Next year is the last year for Schilling, Clemens, Bonds, and Sosa.

Hopefully they all get in. I’m sure there were a lot bigger scumbags from back in the day.
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

Hopefully they all get in. I’m sure there were a lot bigger scumbags from back in the day.
                    Well, now Schilling says he doesn't even want to be on the ballot next year and is asking to be taken off next year's ballot so he can be inducted by the Veterans Committee.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

• I've done a 180 on the steroid guys. Used to think no way but after a few years of this I realized how arbitrary that was. First of all, we have no idea the extent of it. My suspicion is it was so rampant that I believe nearly every player tried something, and until there was testing and real consequences, I bet virtually every superstar was juicing. If no one was juicing the same guys would still have been the top players. I also think it is naive to think that players in other eras did not try things that were either dangerous or against the rules to find an edge. Finally, Tony Larussa is in the Hall of Fame and his career was clearly aided by people everyone believes to have used steroids or they outright admitted it. If his wins are not tainted then the homeruns hit by guys who did steroids can't be looked at that way.

Comment

Schilling missed it by 16 votes. Next year is the last year for Schilling, Clemens, Bonds, and Sosa.

F-ck em all. And the owners and the media, who all knew all the way through.
                        Cornell University

Comment

• Blech...Rockies trade Nolan Arenado to Cardinals. Arenado is one of the, if the the, best overall third basemen in the history of the game. As someone who goes to a handful of Rockies games in the typical year, this is disappointing news.

Sources - St. Louis Cardinals acquire Nolan Arenado from Colorado Rockies (espn.com)
                          North Dakota
                          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Well, now Schilling says he doesn't even want to be on the ballot next year and is asking to be taken off next year's ballot so he can be inducted by the Veterans Committee.
                            Good. Fuck him.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

F-ck em all. And the owners and the media, who all knew all the way through.
                              Yes
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                                I've done a 180 on the steroid guys. Used to think no way but after a few years of this I realized how arbitrary that was. First of all, we have no idea the extent of it. My suspicion is it was so rampant that I believe nearly every player tried something, and until there was testing and real consequences, I bet virtually every superstar was juicing. If no one was juicing the same guys would still have been the top players. I also think it is naive to think that players in other eras did not try things that were either dangerous or against the rules to find an edge. Finally, Tony Larussa is in the Hall of Fame and his career was clearly aided by people everyone believes to have used steroids or they outright admitted it. If his wins are not tainted then the homeruns hit by guys who did steroids can't be looked at that way.
                                I look at it the same way as cycling's Tour de France or the Olympics in practically everything until like 2000: Everyone was cheating, who gives a s- if the guy won was cheating.

(Armstrong doesn't get a pass because he was a giant d-bag and was very aggressively denying and lying)
                                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Working...
                                X