X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• French Rage
    replied
    Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    The first two parts of the new 30 For 30 on the '86 Mets were pretty good. Although I'm not sure Once Upon a Time in Queens is the name I'd have chosen. Probably Cocaine is a Hell of a Drug would have been my pick.
    Everyone who isn't Lenny Dykstra got the memo that this is for basic cable.

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied
    White Sox pitcher Wright appears to be ejected for being a danger to other players rather than intentionally beaning Ohtani.

https://twitter.com/MLBONFOX/status/...991074817?s=20

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    The Mets' prior 6 managers never managed again.

Leave a comment:

• SJHovey
    replied
    The first two parts of the new 30 For 30 on the '86 Mets were pretty good. Although I'm not sure Once Upon a Time in Queens is the name I'd have chosen. Probably Cocaine is a Hell of a Drug would have been my pick.

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Yes, I believe you have both of those right.
    Thanks! They haven't announced times for the Wild Card game but given my work load that week (huge virtual conference we're sponsoring is October 6-7 for which I have to be available all day both days), I'd love to block off time to go to the game on October 5th should the Red Sox somehow manage to play at home. And I know sometimes they schedule one of those games at, like, 4:00pm. Gah! They most likely won't be playing that game at Fenway if they even are one of the Wild Cards. But the playoff tickets aren't cheap so I don't want the tickets to go to waste if they indeed do that. Not that I can't get rid of it, but I'd like to go if I can. /firstworldproblems

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive
    But to be young was very heaven!

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Don’t worry Scarlet, it won’t matter anyway because the Mariners are gonna overtake the…

Lol, can’t believe I got that far.

Leave a comment:

• SJHovey
    replied
    Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    Because I am overly swamped at work at the moment, I need you guys to help me understand the AL playoff scheduling.

The AL Wild Card game is scheduled for Tuesday, October 5. The Red Sox, Yankees and Toronto are in a fight for the two Wild Card positions. If the Red Sox finish second, they play AT whoever finishes first, correct? And regardless of if they finish first or second and then win that wild card game, they are the visiting team for the ALDS, right? I just placed my order for playoff tickets (planning to do other stuff with the money I won't be using!) but I'm more concerned about the game dates and my availability to go to the games.
    Yes, I believe you have both of those right.

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    Because I am overly swamped at work at the moment, I need you guys to help me understand the AL playoff scheduling.

The AL Wild Card game is scheduled for Tuesday, October 5. The Red Sox, Yankees and Toronto are in a fight for the two Wild Card positions. If the Red Sox finish second, they play AT whoever finishes first, correct? And regardless of if they finish first or second and then win that wild card game, they are the visiting team for the ALDS, right? I just placed my order for playoff tickets (planning to do other stuff with the money I won't be using!) but I'm more concerned about the game dates and my availability to go to the games.

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied
    This isn’t fair. What’s the apex on this, 12 feet? Vlad with a liner for a homer.

https://twitter.com/bluejays/status/...590087171?s=21

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    I posted this at 3:04 pm CST at GPL:

I saw the Twins had a nice lead on the Yankmess after 6. Will they give that away by the 7th, 8th or 9th?
    [sigh]

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Sounds like it was Baltimore who had quite the weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied
    Toronto had quite the weekend.

Dropped Friday’s opener against Baltimore.

Saturday had a DH. Game 1 they were down 10-6 in the 7th and scored five to win 11-10. Game 2 they were no-hit through six, then scored 11 in the 7th to win 11-1.

Sunday they won 22-7. They scored sixteen in the first three innings, and when capped by the 7th inning of the night before gave them the record for
    most runs in a four inning span in history.

Oh, and they passed New York and are tied with Boston with games in hand, giving them the lead in the wild card race.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Shows up autoformatted small on the pacifier

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Big!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X