X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scarlet
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Cardinals are first NL team to win 16 in a row since the 1951 NY Giants.
    Ummmmm, I thought the Rockies won, like, 22 in a row in 2007? Am I misremembering?

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Congratulations to Milwaukee. Fine team, and I always love the small market / small payrolls winning.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Cardinals are first NL team to win 16 in a row since the 1951 NY Giants.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Cheeseheads should tune in right now as the Mets are about to give the Brewers the division title.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by French Rage View Post
    Cards being smart + Cubs being dumb = https://twitter.com/molly_knight/sta...75789385908233
    Beautiful play.

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied
    Cards being smart + Cubs being dumb = https://twitter.com/molly_knight/sta...75789385908233

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    I’m not surprised, it seems like a very Mariners thing to do.
    I mean to be fair we mostly just play .440 ball for decades at a time. And then have the greatest regular season in baseball history and immediately get shivved in the playoffs.

I really think I should get something for being a lifetime Mets and Mariners fan. A godd-mn handicap spot at least.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Because in 2016 we did almost exactly that (with Toronto and Baltimore).
    I’m not surprised, it seems like a very Mariners thing to do.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Why is it I feel the Mariners are going to win like 10 games in a row to end the season but still finish a game back of the Yankees for the last Wild Card spot?
    Because in 2016 we did almost exactly that (with Toronto and Baltimore).
    Last edited by Kepler; 09-24-2021, 10:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Why is it I feel the Mariners are going to win like 10 games in a row to end the season but still finish a game back of the Yankees for the last Wild Card spot?

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Oh Lenny is completely crazy, and it's not just the drugs. I fully expected him to embrace the Dump Crazy.

Leave a comment:

• JF_Gophers
    replied
    Originally posted by French Rage View Post

Everyone who isn't Lenny Dykstra got the memo that this is for basic cable.
    I just finished watching both episodes. Lenny looks like he's still suffering the effects of all the drugs and booze. Batsh*t crazy.

But I did love those Mets teams.

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied
    Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    Twins could do major harm to the Blue Jays playoff run as they start a weekend series.

They play 7 games vs in next 10 days.

I know at least Scarlet is a Twins fan for a few days. ;-)
    Boston and Toronto are, on paper at least, set pretty easy for the remainder of the season.

Boston has the easiest SOS remaining with six against the Orioles, three against the Nats, and two against the Mets. Three against NYY.

Toronto has the fifth easiest with seven against Minnesota and three against Baltimore. There's also a three game series against the Rays in there and three against NYY.

Even though the Yankees have the seventh hardest schedule remaining, they can do direct damage in 40% of their games.

Leave a comment:

• JF_Gophers
    replied
    Twins could do major harm to the Blue Jays playoff run as they start a weekend series.

They play 7 games vs in next 10 days.

I know at least Scarlet is a Twins fan for a few days. ;-)

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied
    Both NL West teams are in the playoffs; both don't care unless they win the division.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X