X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SonofSouthie
    replied
    Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post

So, Ohtani single handedly ends the Mariners chances?
    He last pitched on Monday against Seattle so one would figure he'd go Sat(5th day). The Angels have Suarez listed for tonight, Diaz listed for tomorrow, and Sunday is TBD. He'll have to do it from the plate I guess.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post

Well, he’s not pitching.

Leave a comment:

• JF_Gophers
    replied
    Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
    Seattle at home against the Angels and Boston at Washington starting tonight.

Leave a comment:

• SonofSouthie
    replied
    Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    With the Red Sox loss to the Orioles yesterday the Seattle Mariners are tied for the second wildcard spot.
    Seattle at home against the Angels and Boston at Washington starting tonight.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    With the Red Sox loss to the Orioles yesterday the Seattle Mariners are tied for the second wildcard spot.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Originally posted by French Rage View Post
    Found it, 2001 A's with 102, behind the 116 win Mariners.
    Who both lost to the Yankees.

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied
    Found it, 2001 A's with 102, behind the 116 win Mariners.

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied
    Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
    The Giants earned their 104th victory of the season, breaking a tie with the 1962 and 1993 clubs for the most wins in a single season since the franchise moved west in ‘58. The John McGraw-led 1904 New York Giants’ franchise-record is 106 wins.
    And the 1904 season was only 153 games. 1904, 1905, and 1912 will likely be better for winning percentage, but fourth all time ain't bad.

What's the record for losing a division in the wild card era? Dodgers might end up with that.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    What I wouldn't give to swing a Ruth-swung bat
    Is this a hooker reference?

Leave a comment:

• SonofSouthie
    replied
    The Giants earned their 104th victory of the season, breaking a tie with the 1962 and 1993 clubs for the most wins in a single season since the franchise moved west in ‘58. The John McGraw-led 1904 New York Giants’ franchise-record is 106 wins.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Wait?!? The Mariners are still alive in the AL West? Dafuq?

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    My Seattle sensibilities are not letting me get too hyped about the Ms but somehow they keep winning.

Asked a buddy of mine who’s a big Mariners fan where this all came from and his response was “I dunno”.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    What I wouldn't give to swing a Ruth-swung bat

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied
    Last week I was helping my FIL inventory an estate up in St. Cloud. The deceased man had two hobbies regarding collections. First was coins, and then it was signed baseball and a single bat. The bat, which I had a chance to hold, was a Babe Ruth game-used bat, certified authentic, from a game the Yankees played in Hawaii. I wasn’t allowed to swing it.

the baseballs had a variety of eras, including a number from those Yankees teams, and some from a variety of HOF games and inductions.

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied
    Devin Williams breaks his hand punching a wall, needs surgery. Brilliant.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X