X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Covfefe-19 Part 9: Shelter In Place is Temporary, but Wu-Tang is Forever

Continue.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Re: Covfefe-19 Part 9: Shelter In Place is Temporary, but Wu-Tang is Forever

Originally posted by DGF
    Just wait til people under 50 start dying of strokes with no prior symptoms. That’s one of the scariest things I’ve heard in this whole ordeal.
    Do we have any idea what the frequency of that is? If it’s one in a million infections, that’s not really a factor. If it’s one in a hundred, that’s more concerning, to put it mildly.

Originally posted by kep
    Yes, the chart below illustrates that. And if you take out NJ and CT (in other words, NY) then the rise is a lot. It looks exactly like the first stage 45 degree angle when it's just revving up.

And these morons are about to let it loose in the red states. Well. Good.
    The first part is exactly right. It’s like watching a horror film where the stupid kid is just walking into a trap and is about to get mauled. Hard to watch.

The second part... one part of me wholeheartedly agrees. The others part says, yeah, but if you set the forest on fire, sure the dry kindling will be consumed but it’s going to bring down a lot of trees too. It’s why we rake the forests.

Being serious again, I’m one of the people at risk. I’m selfishly and desperately begging people to not set that fire. Because my odds of dying go way up if a lot of people around my community get sick. You have to be perfect every time. You only have to **** up once to have a looming death sentence. I’ve gone through that feeling only a year ago. I will do a lot of irrational and desperate things to prevent myself and my wife from having to deal with those feelings again. Or having a not so happy outcome.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

It’s more than one in a million. One Ny hospital had 5 cases and when they researched they found it happening in other places

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...ts-and-strokes

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        Do we have any idea what the frequency of that is? If it’s one in a million infections, that’s not really a factor. If it’s one in a hundred, that’s more concerning, to put it mildly.

The first part is exactly right. It’s like watching a horror film where the stupid kid is just walking into a trap and is about to get mauled. Hard to watch.

The second part... one part of me wholeheartedly agrees. The others part says, yeah, but if you set the forest on fire, sure the dry kindling will be consumed but it’s going to bring down a lot of trees too. It’s why we rake the forests.

Being serious again, I’m one of the people at risk. I’m selfishly and desperately begging people to not set that fire. Because my odds of dying go way up if a lot of people around my community get sick. You have to be perfect every time. You only have to **** up once to have a looming death sentence. I’ve gone through that feeling only a year ago. I will do a lot of irrational and desperate things to prevent myself and my wife from having to deal with those feelings again. Or having a not so happy outcome.
        This is the part that I keep trying to say and get my knuckles rapped. I am expecting too much for people to be able to care enough to do that. They need a break. Wahh. NO. They. don't. Culturally we are a nation of pansies who don't have the ability to have the British stiff upper lip. (probably more in my face because I have Brit relatives and they get the QUeen telling them to pull together. We get the Orange menace who is spinning like a top.

Have seen a few articles quoting large vessel stroke at approx 5% but still collecting data

Comment

Can you imagine these American pansies during air strikes during WW2? “Mom, I don’t wanna be in this bunker anymore. I’m sick of these rations! I’m going out.”

Comment

Comparing Rates and increases in states with R governors vs D.

Buckle up, snowflakes.

https://www.axios.com/coronavirus-re...bded1def1.html

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Buckle up, snowflakes.

That's not Covid, that's pneumonia. Never mind that it's 5x the normal rate, that's what it is. Crazy outbreak. You are not sick until I say you are. Especially with COVID19.

Given the number of people not getting tests and then end up dead that we KNOW about- picture the places that don't want you to know about it.

Comment

Saw a wonderful meme "If you expect elementary children to endure the trauma of active shooter drills for your freedoms, you can wear a mask to Cosco" Even more ironic after someone is shot dead after trying to enforce the mask rule at a Dollar Store.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                  Saw a wonderful meme "If you expect elementary children to endure the trauma of active shooter drills for your freedoms, you can wear a mask to Cosco" Even more ironic after someone is shot dead after trying to enforce the mask rule at a Dollar Store.
                  Not that I really go out in public that much anyways, if a mask is required, I'll go along with it. I have no issue with that.

I do have an issue with the (insert many cuss words) that are threatening the workers/companies trying to enforce that policy.

Edit: I had to stop by my apt's office yesterday, and they were enforcing the 6 foot rule. I stood in the doorway, while we conversed. Remember when Jake had to lean over to sign something in Blues Brothers? Same thing here.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

It’s more than one in a million. One Ny hospital had 5 cases and when they researched they found it happening in other places

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...ts-and-strokes
                    Jfc
                    Code:
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Buckle up, snowflakes.

I’m still convinced the early and per capita rates were driven by the square of density va maybe a linear relationship of population overall. I know my tracking of cases per capita vs % urban population were one of the stronger relationships. Im also sure density is also strongly correlated with dem strongholds.

The blue states were also the quickest to respond, with noted exceptions like Ohio. So of course they tested more and had more confirmed cases. If you look at total mortality across all states you’ll find they’re severely under-reporting in red states.
                      Code:

Comment

There’s a more accurate way to compare coronavirus deaths to the flu

This is startling:

As Faust describes it, the issue boils down to this: The annual flu mortality figures published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention are estimates produced by plugging laboratory-confirmed deaths into a mathematical model that attempts to correct for undercounting. Covid-19 death figures represent a literal count of people who have either tested positive for the virus or whose diagnosis was based on meeting certain clinical and epidemiological criteria.

To get a more accurate comparison, one must start with the number of directly confirmed flu deaths, which the CDC tracks on an annual basis. In the past seven flu seasons, going back to 2013, that tally fluctuated between 3,448 and 15,620 deaths.

Note that these numbers are very different from the CDC’s final official flu death estimates. For 2018-2019, for instance, the 7,172 confirmed flu deaths translated to a final estimate of between 26,339 and 52,664 deaths. Again, that’s because the CDC plugs the confirmed deaths into a model that attempts to adjust for what many epidemiologists believe is a severe undercount.
                        Now, let’s add a bar for this season’s covid-19 deaths, which as of this writing stands at 63,259, and which will be even higher by the time you read this. Note the drastic change in the y-axis to accommodate the scale of covid-19 mortality.

This year’s data are necessarily incomplete, as 22 weeks remain in the flu season. There are not likely to be many more flu deaths, as we are well past the worst of the season. But covid-19 mortality has plateaued at around 2,000 deaths per day. Where it will head next is anyone’s guess.
                        Using an apples-to-apples comparison, we can say that the coronavirus and the disease it causes, covid-19, have already killed eight times as many people as the flu. By the time we get data for the entire season, the difference appears likely to be at least tenfold, or a full order of magnitude.

The coronavirus, Faust writes, “is not anything like the flu: It is much, much worse.”

Comment

And yet there is mounting evidence that suggests Covid deaths are in fact being under-reported.

Coronavirus in Texas: Death data suggest COVID-19 undercount possible

Eyeing reports that more Texans have died in the first three months of 2020 than the historical average, some experts question whether the death toll from the new coronavirus might be an undercount.

During January, February and March, 53,583 Texans died — 1,473 more than the average for that period in the previous six years, according to a USA TODAY Network analysis. Texas attributed 41 of the deaths to COVID-19 from Jan. 1 to March 31, with the first victim on March 17, according to the Texas Department of State Health Services.

Doctors told the USA TODAY Network that they could have missed patients who died of COVID-19 in February and early March because testing was more limited then.
                          There’s a lot more:

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/accura...ry?id=70385359
                          https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ed/2973481001/
                          https://www.advisory.com/daily-brief...20/covid-count
                          https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-co...than-you-think
                          https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...-undercounted/
                          https://www.thenation.com/article/po...s-death-count/

Comment

I think it might have been Kepler who brought up the point that the only way we are going to get the whole scope of this is by comparing the total # of deaths from year to year. That covers the error of misdiagnosis. Those numbers will expose those who are cooking the books.
                            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                              I think it might have been Kepler who brought up the point that the only way we are going to get the whole scope of this is by comparing the total # of deaths from year to year. That covers the error of misdiagnosis. Those numbers will expose those who are cooking the books.
                              But one also has to remove the deaths from auto accidents, since driving is WAY down. And probably remove the shooting deaths- since those are not really comparable, too. I guess my point is that when that comparison is made, there are a number of deaths that are obviously not COVID or influenza. And they are easy to take out of the total number- especially when the rate of deaths will change due to lock downs.

Comment

Working...
                              X