Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19 Part 9: Shelter In Place is Temporary, but Wu-Tang is Forever

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
      Looks like we'll pass the 90,000 dead mark by tomorrow night. Another week and it'll be 100,000.

Wait, July 4th is next weekend?
      They were saying 137k by August...at this rate we will get there by July if we are lucky. And Trump will then move the numbers again saying "If we dont lose 500k I consider it a success".

I also expect an EO against mass testing in some capacity.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I’m genuinely worried for the republic. Stay safe out there friends.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          Hearing the Republicans ask the whistleblower yesterday about that made me sick. They still want to prove that is some sort of miracle drug even though actual people with knowledge tell them otherwise. Meanwhile they seem to ignore that the drugs that actually do help arent getting to enough people...
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            I’m genuinely worried for the republic. Stay safe out there friends.
            Code:
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Latest disclaimer from CO's COVID-19 site:
              Last update: May 15, 2020 | 4 p.m.

This summary only includes data through May 14 and does not reflect cases since then. Additionally, the number of deaths due to COVID-19 includes data through May 9 and does not reflect cases since then.
              Deaths are now being reported a week late, so much for knowing the effects of decisions being made now in a couple of weeks. If we just stop counting completely no one will be sick...

Comment

So... two-week incubation. Nine days from average onset to death. 23 days. Plus another seven? That’s a ****ing month.
                Code:

Comment

And that is just the beginning. The Red States will mandate waiting longer in a few weeks when this crap blows up in their face. (hiding the numbers wont work well it will come out eventually just like it did in Flo(R)ida)

Half the public doesnt care anymore...the life cycle of COVID is dying when it comes to the average shlub giving a phuck. The country has quit just like their moron President. They dont care that we are adding 20k cases a day and 1500-2000 deaths unless it is someone they know. (like my student who is going back to the hospital today for at least the third time) They dont care that probably 90-95%% of the country hasnt even got the antibodies because they were exposed yet...they want to be able to sit at a bar and drink watered down **** beer and eat super fatty appetizers while watching sports. They dont care if you have to die to get it they want it and they want it now!

Oh and they also dont want nurses to get hazard pay even though their fat lazy slob *** is on unemployment. **** them and **** anyone who defends them.
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                    That doesn't change the fact that you are going to have an influx of people into an area and they may be vectors. Add that the rural places have not had community spread so they have less stringent rules. Now consider people who go on vacation do stupid things. Not a good recipe for safety.

We will carry in and carry out.
                    To me it’s a common sense thing. Bring what you can... if you need to go to the grocery store or pharmacy then wear a mask, keep your distance etc etc and you should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      And that is just the beginning. The Red States will mandate waiting longer in a few weeks when this crap blows up in their face. (hiding the numbers wont work well it will come out eventually just like it did in Flo(R)ida)

Half the public doesnt care anymore...the life cycle of COVID is dying when it comes to the average shlub giving a phuck. The country has quit just like their moron President. They dont care that we are adding 20k cases a day and 1500-2000 deaths unless it is someone they know. (like my student who is going back to the hospital today for at least the third time) They dont care that probably 90-95%% of the country hasnt even got the antibodies because they were exposed yet...they want to be able to sit at a bar and drink water down **** beer and eat super fatty appetizers while watching sports. They dont care if you have to die to get it they want it and they want it now!

Oh and they also dont want nurses to get hazard pay even though their fat lazy slob *** is on unemployment. **** them and **** anyone who defends them.
                      My kiddo works with a couple of the dumb phucks. They are on about how if you have a good immune system then you will be fine. I don't know how he does it. I think I would cough all over them just to make a point. I am waaaay past feeling like being a civil human.

Boston tested and found less than 10% of a random sample have antibodies. This in a place where they are in a hotspot of the state.

Comment

About that Stanford study...

Comment

Sorry....I took a couple of days off to get my grades in by Wednesday night at midnight.....and then to rest up.....lol

Fayetteville, Arkansas. Population 86751. Go Hogs!

On the way to Fayetteville we passed....

Lynchburg, Virginia. Population 82126. Home to Liberty University, Lynchburg served as the capital of Virginia from April 6 to 10, 1865.

and

Bloomington, Indiana. Population 84981. Home to the O'Neill School of Public and Environmental Affairs at Indiana University which boasts the USNews #1 Masters of Public Affairs (MPA) program...which is tied once again with the Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs at Syracuse University. (Full-disclosure...Someone in my family graduated with the Maxwell MPA and is currently working at a top level Think Tank in DC.)

and

Bloomington, Minnesota. Population 85578. Home to Mall of America, which announced Thursday they would be reopening on June 1.
                          Last edited by UCBadger; 05-15-2020, 10:37 PM.
                          2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                          2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                          2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                          2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                          2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                          2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                          2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                          Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                          1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Just hurry up and build herd immunity they say...

Comment

Honest question here, what's the true number of "new cases" versus "number of cases discovered due to increased testing"? I'm guessing we'll probably never really know, but are there guesses out there in the scientific community?

There is so much data and so many different models and such...one gets lost and starts cherry picking, IMO.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X