Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19 Part 9: Shelter In Place is Temporary, but Wu-Tang is Forever

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    Was the guy 'not filing a tax return' or not paying taxes. Big difference between the two.
    Actually, I don't think he was doing either, but honestly it was a long time ago so I don't recall specifically.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      He minimizes and excuses them because he owns them. Hovey says they are babies. They are his babies. These imbeciles are the result of RW propaganda on weak minds for 30 years. What started as a way to monetize rural whites' hatred of blacks and liberals into tax cuts for the rich has turned into Nazism. Hovey isn't a sociopath so he is desperate to absolve himself. The absolution is: "they're harmless and your overreaction is the crime."

Read Frankenstein. The doctor evades his responsibility for the whole middle section too.
      I read Frankenstein in 6th grade...remember I am from Minnesota not Iowa
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
        Actually, I don't think he was doing either, but honestly it was a long time ago so I don't recall specifically.
        I had an otherwise intelligent system engineer once tell me (at Hooters; different story) that "actually, nobody has to pay taxes unless they are directly employed by the federal government" because of something he heard on a Hate Radio broadcast. Your story reminded me of that sovereign citizen stupidity -- I assume it was something like that.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          I read Frankenstein in 6th grade...remember I am from Minnesota not Iowa
          Do you remember the middle part though? It's actually kinda slow. Mary was getting paid by the word.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

He minimizes and excuses them because he owns them. Hovey says they are babies. They are his babies. These imbeciles are the result of RW propaganda on weak minds for 30 years. What started as a way to monetize rural whites' hatred of blacks and liberals into tax cuts for the rich has turned into Nazism. Hovey isn't a sociopath so he is desperate to absolve himself. The absolution is: "they're harmless and your overreaction is the crime."

Read Frankenstein. The doctor evades his responsibility for the whole middle section too.
            The overreaction isn't the crime. I've never said that. The feds were well within their rights in trying to arrest Gordon Kahl for his parole violation. Law enforcement in Michigan would have been within their rights to confront the protesters at the capital.

The question is not can you do it. The question is should you do it.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Do you remember the middle part though? It's actually kinda slow. Mary was getting paid by the word.
              No sadly...that was quite a few years ago. I remember loving the ending though

I bet I still have it around here somewhere...maybe I will read it again this summer while everyone else is getting sick going to restaurants and wasting their money.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                Law enforcement in Michigan would have been within their rights to confront the protesters at the capital.
                They did once the protesters entered the capitol building (to prevent them from entering the chamber), but they legally couldn't stop them from going up to the gallery with weapons, "thanks" to a lunatic law passed by Republicans a few years back.

Comment

I had an otherwise intelligent system engineer once tell me (at Hooters; different story) that "actually, nobody has to pay taxes unless they are directly employed by the federal government" because of something he heard on a Hate Radio broadcast. Your story reminded me of that sovereign citizen stupidity -- I assume it was something like that.
                  The IRS used to have a spot on their website that listed something like the 25 "most popular" arguments used by people to claim they don't have to pay taxes or file a return. Everything from the way the constitutional amendment was passed to sovereign citizen arguments. They gave citations for cases where the arguments were used and the people went to jail. Next to youtube, it was one of the most enjoyable ways to waste an afternoon on the internet.

Comment

I’m at Home Depot doing curbside pickup for a few things. The place is ****ing jampacked and half the people aren’t wearing masks going in.

Why is this hard? Wear a GD mask. I’m glad target and Costco are not letting people in without them.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

So it appears now Trump and his cronies have pivoted from "Obama left us no plan to fight this" to "his plan sucked so we came up with our own". Not sure that is the right tact there geniuses...
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

So it appears now Trump and his cronies have pivoted from "Obama left us no plan to fight this" to "his plan sucked so we came up with our own". Not sure that is the right tact there geniuses...
                        Natural pivot. The thing is no matter what the narrative is it always works with the horde. I've never seen such an unthinking unpondering unable to come to their own conclusion group of idiots in my lifetime. No group has been worse than the Dumpers.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          I’m at Home Depot doing curbside pickup for a few things. The place is ****ing jampacked and half the people aren’t wearing masks going in.

Why is this hard? Wear a GD mask. I’m glad target and Costco are not letting people in without them.
                          I saw people at Costco without them the other day...and of course some who have them on not covering parts (or any!!!) of their face.

This is why I am continuing SIP. People are stupid. I will go out for what I need (with a mask) and places where I can distance (like a walk or something) and that is it. I am not risking myself and others by being around a bunch of privileged *******s and whiny soccer moms and their disease infested kids.
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

No sadly...that was quite a few years ago. I remember loving the ending though

I bet I still have it around here somewhere...maybe I will read it again this summer while everyone else is getting sick going to restaurants and wasting their money.
                            It and Dracula both stand up. obviously the language is stilted but once you get past that (and it only takes a few pages TBH) they are each wonderful books.

I have never read Jekyll. I think I will do that next. In fact I don't think I have ever read any Stephenson, and that is a crime.
                            Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

I went to Home Depot three weeks ago to pick up a couple things because I was already out, saw the parking lot and kept driving. Ordered the stuff online.
                              the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                                I went to Home Depot three weeks ago to pick up a couple things because I was already out, saw the parking lot and kept driving. Ordered the stuff online.
                                I did the EXACT same thing. Dr. Mrs. can wait for her frickin succulents. I'm not going to die for an echeveria.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X