Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19 Part 9: Shelter In Place is Temporary, but Wu-Tang is Forever

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
      We have no resilience.
      Was chatting with someone today and having the same conversation that we have had a couple of times now. Pretty much a definition of why we are a big fail.

They will have to have a vaccine soon.... no they won't have one soon.... So is the only answer is to allow it to run through the population?... no, they don't know that we can get lasting immunity.... That's so far off though!... yep but that is reality.... but people will come unglued!

Like that is supposed to mean we can switch the game off because people are tired of playing.
      Worked for Donnie.

Bored now.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        Any gaps, even small ones, will reduce effectiveness dramatically. Make sure you have a means of donning and doffing without touching the mask material, just the ties. Consider buying or making a mask with a copper wire (or some other sort of malleable metal) that can be used as an adjustable nose clip to ensure it doesn’t fall down AND to make sure it has a tight seal. I’ve also heard ideas like running a bead of silicone around the edges can help make a more effective seal on homemade ones. Ymmv.
        I would suggest against copper and find stainless steel. Copper will corrode, especially when washed a lot- just like your copper pots and pans. Firm stainless wire is pretty easy to find.

(also, apparently high thread count fabric is really good, too- which is commonly seen for quilting materials. I used high thread count pillowcases)

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
          BTW, I wonder how may other CEO's are thinking like Musk, who wants to move his HQ due to the COVID restrictions in CA. https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...om-california/

Money over the health of your employees.
          Musk proving his point by defying orders and opening his plants in CA. Nice. I'm sure when someone gets sick, we will never hear about it. Not that my opinion of him could get much lower.... But willing to sacrifice your employees is pretty low.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
            -- this pandemic has revealed the character, or more correctly, the LACK of character of a lot of Americans.
            why just picking on americans?

koreans tried to go back. jhina too. spanish and germans are trying.
            humans are looking to return to life. and sure, some will lose it

but this is certainly NOT something americans carry themselves
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                no place in fla? is that just due to them no longer testing? or burying the results?
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Is that tweet about GOP leadership?

Because if it’s about the voters themselves, those are the bluest cities in almost all of those states.
                  Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    no place in fla? is that just due to them no longer testing? or burying the results?
                    There cant be a spike if your numbers never went down in the first place.
                    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        Politics and craziness aside, how can someone support an egotistical self absolved individual like this? I just can’t wrap my head around it.👀
                        $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                        Just win.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post
                          Politics and craziness aside, how can someone support an egotistical self absolved individual like this? I just can’t wrap my head around it.👀
                          Do they really think he puts country first?
                          $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                          Just win.....

Comment

The what?
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              Best materials I’ve seen for homemade are 10-12 oz (or more) denim. Women’s jeans rarely hit that nowadays. Two layers of that with a sandwiched layer of several passes of chiffon or silk. Flannel is also somewhat effective. Theory is that the thick weave of the denim is more of a mechanical filter to catch the water droplets and the silk or chiffon are an electrostatic layer that will catch smaller particles. That said, almost all of the most effective materials are non-woven, so... 🤷🏼*♂️

As for other inner filters.... Do not under any circumstances use HEPA filters (also many or most vacuum cleaner bags). They all contain fiberglass. Some sites say don’t use furnace filters. I say do your research. Don’t look for reason you can use them, find reasons you can’t and see if you can disprove those. Some brands have lines that are acceptable. Other brands have none. Other brands are entirely ok.

Just make sure it fits tight, is washable, covers the entirety of your nose up to the middle of the bridge and down below your chin. Secondary concern is comfort. If it’s not comfortable, you’ll be less likely to use it. Ear savers are a godsend. Being able to secure the mask behind your head and neck as opposed to using your ears is preferable. Stay clean shaven, always.

Any gaps, even small ones, will reduce effectiveness dramatically. Make sure you have a means of donning and doffing without touching the mask material, just the ties. Consider buying or making a mask with a copper wire (or some other sort of malleable metal) that can be used as an adjustable nose clip to ensure it doesn’t fall down AND to make sure it has a tight seal. I’ve also heard ideas like running a bead of silicone around the edges can help make a more effective seal on homemade ones. Ymmv.

If you think you’ve been exposed to someone, wash your hands very well, remove the mask carefully, wash your hands very well again, don a new mask. Which is another good point, have several. Like at least two or three.

If you have surgical masks or respirators, you can wear one, put it in a clean paper bag, and isolate it for five (CDC) to ten (world’s foremost respirator manufacturer) days depending on who you believe. UV, ozone, water, alcohol etc. may degrade your rated mask. I’m not a big fan of disinfecting when time will also do the same, perhaps more effectively, without degrading the materials.

And in the end, the masks aren’t for you, they’re for us. So don’t be a ****ing dick; wear a mask even if it’s a cut up white kitchen towel.
                              As a follow up to this, does anyone know if we're close to being able to buy N95's again? The ones I have are getting pretty beat up. I've got some non N95 masks, but obviously they aren't super effective.
                              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Mostly because they were forced to go to the black market and bid against other states to get items they need.

BTW, it's interesting that the bar is SO low that just doing the bare minimum required is apparently to be celebrated. Talk about giving a trophy to every kid.

Comment

Working...
                                X