Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19 Part 9: Shelter In Place is Temporary, but Wu-Tang is Forever

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    Generalize much?

No one is suggesting that a club have someone bring beers onto the course. The idea that someone would just walk in from the course to get a beer is silly, but I realize you were stretching for questions.

If your argument is that people make bad decisions while drinking, and those bad decisions may lead to additional Covid risks, why in the heck have we decided to make alcohol sales an essential industry?
    In Maine and I'm sure other states Alcohol sales are up 65% according to a Distributor I just finished a job at. They can't keep boxed wine on the shelf.
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Maine is opening up Restaurants, gyms, sporting lodges and stores in rural areas that have shown no community transmission. Begins May 18, many rules and such to follow. Limited inside dining, mostly one on one Gym training. Small amount of shoppers in stores etc
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
        Out of curiosity...Edina Liquor by Southdale?

I worked there for about 3 months over the holidays about 5 years ago. Yeah, we certainly had our regulars there. Most worked at Southdale and would get it for the bus ride home. Some would come in more than once a day. A lot of fifths of vodka went out the door.
        The MGM at Knollwood Mall has a sign on the door that basically says, "If you don't have money to buy an item, you won't get that item. Don't ask others for money."

Yeah, that area is a bit shadier than I remember it, although it is rather subtle.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
          Finally, someone who's not afraid to ask questions: https://***********/Acyn/status/1258838201818476544
          Holy crap.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
              Generalize much?

No one is suggesting that a club have someone bring beers onto the course. The idea that someone would just walk in from the course to get a beer is silly, but I realize you were stretching for questions.

If your argument is that people make bad decisions while drinking, and those bad decisions may lead to additional Covid risks, why in the heck have we decided to make alcohol sales an essential industry?
              You asked a question I am giving you a possible answer. If you don't want a generalized answer ask the owner of the course.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                That was nice of them to sacrifice themselves so the SoD wasn't temporarily inconvenienced.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  Maine is opening up Restaurants, gyms, sporting lodges and stores in rural areas that have shown no community transmission. Begins May 18, many rules and such to follow. Limited inside dining, mostly one on one Gym training. Small amount of shoppers in stores etc
                  Restaurants also have to keep contact information for one person per party and record who the server was for contact tracing purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    At some point when trump or Pence or anyone else is around people maskless, the regular citizens they are coming close to need to ask them to step away if they won't have the common courtesy to wear a mask. If I was in a god d amn hospital and trump came into my room without one on, I'd ask him to leave. The press is all over the place, think of the follow questions it would generate. It is especially galling now knowing how people who are coming into extremely close contact with Pence and trump have tested positive, yet these guys are going into plants and clinics -- and they are surrounded by people wearing masks -- with their fvcking mouths exposed. I wouldn't want to be subjected to the normal stool samples that fly from trumps gaping yaw whenever he speaks, but now he may be spewing something that may actually kill people quickly, and not the slow death to America he's been bringing for the last few years.

I really hope trump gets the coronavirus. I would love to watch him deteriorate on TV. In fact I think America NEEDS to see it. And as he's dying, he can do a full-on Jim Jones and take his supporters with him. Talk about addition by subtraction.

Comment

Update lol

“BREAKING: Newly unveiled internal documents reportedly reveal that 11 Secret Service agents have recently tested positive for COVID-19, while another 60 are quarantining and as many as 23 others have recovered from the virus. The news comes as two people close to President Trump have tested positive, raising questions of the virus spreading within the White House”
                      Last edited by Deutsche Gopher Fan; 05-08-2020, 08:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                        I like what the Wisconsin breweries are doing. Well, I assume they are all doing it, I only know of one for certain, Oliphant Brewing in Somerset, WI. Wisconsin law requires all alcohol sales to be made face to face. So instead of selling online, they are handing out reservations. You go on their website, reserve what beer you want for $0.00, then pay when you pick it up. Life finds a way.
                        Glad to see they figured out a way. One would think the legislature could pass a quick ordinance to temporarily slow for online payments.

The couple of breweries in our town, you order and pay online and then do a contactless drive through pickup.

Comment

Anyone seen reliable source on how people are supposed to be cleared after being diagnosed. Hearing wildly disparate stories of how people are being cleared.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                            Anyone seen reliable source on how people are supposed to be cleared after being diagnosed. Hearing wildly disparate stories of how people are being cleared.
                            I'm sure you've seen the viral video on the "rules." No one has a real clue. We're all just winging it.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                              South Korea required two negative tests in a row before someone could leave the quarantine facility.

Comment

Roy of Siegried and Roy died due to COVID complications.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X