Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biden v Dump 1: If not now, when? If not us, who?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chuck Todd can DIAF

https://mobile.***********/Mediaite/...26311225135104

Comment

• Poll challengers shouldn't be allowed to work outside of their county or ward. The optics of right-wing cranks from lily white, rich suburban enclaves like Clarkston and West Bloomfield "challenging" voters in Detroit are so ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        ...so I can **** on his ashes.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Kayleigh McEnany has suddenly been appearing from the Trump campaign HQ on TV as both a White House press secretary and a campaign senior adviser, encapsulating the ignoring of the Hatch Act and total blurring of lines in the administration
          This is illegal as ****.

https://mobile.***********/maggieNYT...42056126468100
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            https://mobile.***********/AndrewYan...38261208231936

Highly recommend everyone read this tweet and watch the video. It's from my pal Andrew Yang and it's a very important message to everyone.
            It kind of smacks of the both sides argument though. Especially on the topic they use as an example. Sure a generation ago democrats and republicans may have had mostly similar views about immigration but who radically changed their views? If democrats did, I am not aware of it. Then and now Democrats supported a reasonable path to citizenship, never blamed or wanted to punish children for what their parents may have done with them when they were infants, always supported the notion of welcoming refugees from dangerous situations, and have always mostly spoken of people following the rules and laws if they want a chance at citizenship. Now it is republicans who want to close our borders and don't want to acknowledge that we are a nation of immigrants (and thieves) and that immigrants have always been a vastly bigger positive influence than a negative one.

I think other issues that both sides admittedly raise money on today are also similar. Democrats have always been for some form of sane gun control and have never been -- as a party overall, not speaking about the most progressive 10% of it -- for banning of all guns and confiscation. And any moves to the left by most (me included) are because the evidence SCREAMS that we need to do something, like mass shootings every time you turn around. republicans are the ones with the constant movement to the extremes on gun control and now pretty much don't want a single solitary law that prevents anyone from owning and carrying around any god d am n gun they want.

Abortion is also in that bag. Democrats have never been about forcing abortions on anyone and most have long given the somewhat cowardly statements about "being personally opposed to abortion" but knowing we must preserve a woman's right to choose what is best for her own body. Again, republicans are the ones who seek out more and more extreme positions on the topic, such as pushing false narratives about late abortion or passing ridiculous "heartbeat" laws or requiring or preventing doctors from saying and not saying certain things to pregnant women.

I can see the logic in Yang's feelings, and in some ways this could become a legitimate issue, but right now I see it as more "whataboutism."

Comment

• I'm positive that those home-phone robocalls that always happen during little geezer's nap where "VICE PRESIDENT MIKE PENCE" OR "CHAIRMAN RONNA DANIELS" screams at a volume 11 as soon as you pick up, are doing WAY more harm than good to the Nazis GOTV efforts. But don't tell them how awful they are. Just, if you get a real person calling, keep them on the line for as long as you possibly can while dithering about how you'll proooobably vote for Ronald Dump, but you're just not quiiiiite sure, and can you have much more resources, I mean information, from them personally.
              Has anyone got these kinds of calls from Dems? I'm curious as to the difference in style; whereas AOC was widely praised for getting online with the kids in a cooperative game called "Among Us" (which my 2 HS-aged geezerettes are very into), the R's are still calling landlines to scream at Housewives during nap time.
              Last edited by geezer; 10-29-2020, 11:35 AM.
              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• I hate Chuck Todd as much as anyone...but that was not what he was saying at all and it was completely disingenuous of them to present it that way. (and that particular site is well known for being clickbait hence all their crappy ads) He was asking if because Biden was taking it so seriously it was hampering him in regards to the door knocking and such which is a completely legit question and something more than a few observers are worried about.

Of course if Todd had anyone on his show with half a brain they would be able to tell you that door knocking is not how things get done anymore but no he gets some clown on who spends his time whining about Hillary in 2016.

The answer to the question btw is "No". Here is how I know. I bought one of the Joe Biden fly swatters because it is still one of the funniest things I have seen in quite some time. Since I did that I have gotten no less (and this is not in any way hyperbole or an exaggeration) than 8 emails a day from various parts of the Biden campaign or its allies. In an around the debate I was getting 10-15. I am guessing starting this weekend it will be more. IU also get 3-4 texts from various progressive groups or other affiliates of the campaign to remind me to vote. (because I donate to a lot of causes and am registered to vote) There is no need for door knocking especially in this election where 80 million have already voted. The Dems are finding ways to deal with the not being able to press the flesh as much. Chuck Todd would know that, if his head wasnt so far up his own *** he ****ed near diappears.
                Last edited by Handyman; 10-29-2020, 11:39 AM.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  I hate Chuck Todd as much as anyone...but that was not what he was saying at all and it was completely disingenuous of them to present it that way. (and that particular site is well known for being clickbait hence all their crappy ads) He was asking if because Biden was taking it so seriously it was hampering him in regards to the door knocking and such which is a completely legit question and something more than a few observers are worried about.

Of course if Todd had anyone on his show with half a brain they would be able to tell you that door knocking is not how things get done anymore but no he gets some clown on who spends his time whining about Hillary in 2016.

The answer to the question btw is "No". Here is how I know. I bought one of the Joe Biden fly swatters because it is still one of the funniest things I have seen in quite some time. Since I did that I have gotten no less (and this is not in any way hyperbole or an exaggeration) than 8 emails a day from various parts of the Biden campaign or its allies. In an around the debate I was getting 10-15. I am guessing starting this weekend it will be more. There is no need for door knocking especially in this election where 80 million have already voted. The Dems are finding ways to deal with the not being able to press the flesh as much. Chuck Todd would know that, if his head wasnt so far up his own *** he ****ed near diappears.
                  These a good difference between not knocking doors and not visiting states in any way. Hillary's mistake in 2016 was the latter; no one cares about the former. Biden has done a much much better job on the former.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                  iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                  gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                  Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                  Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                  TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                  DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Texas has virtually matched their 2016 total just in early voting numbers. 8.4 million now compared to 8.5 million.
                    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      I bought one of the Joe Biden fly swatters because it is still one of the funniest things I have seen in quite some time. Since I did that I have gotten no less (and this is not in any way hyperbole or an exaggeration) than 8 emails a day from various parts of the Biden campaign or its allies.
                      Out of curiosity I just checked the spam account I used when I donated to Lincoln Project. They have indeed emailed me 160 times since, but have not shared the address with anyone else.
                      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• This woman’s maps make me queasy

https://mobile.***********/KevinMKru...44751151341568

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                          Came here to post this.

I dont know if I need to stock up on bourbon, Mylanta, or both.
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• I happen to like her...unlike other former pollsters that are all about promoting themselves **cough**Conway**cough** Kristen is pretty good at breaking down the numbers and explaining the demographics and such. The third tweet in that string is about as honest as you can get when it comes to this crap.

It is crazy how there are scenarios with the polls that we have right now that can swing in those two rather dramatic ways.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
                              Out of curiosity I just checked the spam account I used when I donated to Lincoln Project. They have indeed emailed me 160 times since, but have not shared the address with anyone else.
                              I donated via ActBlue to Jamie Harrison's campaign and Biden's campaign the same night. I also screwed up and wound up clicking submit twice so they each got double what I intended but I'm OK with it because it made me feel like I'm doing something. 10 minutes after I did that I got an email from "Jamie Harrison" asking for financial help. I almost hit reply to say "Dude - I just gave you money!!" And I get emails from "Joe Biden" and "Kamala Harris" saying they've fallen behind, etc. and the subject lines are all written in lower case and I cannot tell you how much that annoys me.

Comment

• When she says that map does not require the "polls" to be wrong, what does that mean? Is she looking at one poll from every state? Because looking at a much broader selection shows me that 538.com has Biden up 3.5 points in Arizona, the Economist forecast has Biden with a 3.4 point edge, the CNN poll of polls shows Biden up 4 and even Real Clear Politics has most of their polls showing Biden up and gives him a much closer edge over trump, but still an edge, 1.3 points.

In PA, those same sites all give Biden the nod, and by far greater numbers. Even RCP has him up 3.9 points in PA. So what gives? Is it just a last ditch effort to make sure no one takes this less than totally seriously?
                                Last edited by WeAreNDHockey; 10-29-2020, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X