Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biden v Dump 1: If not now, when? If not us, who?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Biden +8 and Peters rebounded to +8 in the final NYT Michigan poll. I suspect an increase in straight party voting on the Dem side might end up bailing out Peters.

Joe and Obama are both coming to Michigan on Saturday, location and time still TBA.
    I would really like to see them hold the Michigan Senate seat. Need to hold in Minnesota as well. I think Tina will but she sure is not a very strong candidate.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

I would really like to see them hold the Michigan Senate seat. Need to hold in Minnesota as well. I think Tina will but she sure is not a very strong candidate.
      My blood pressure shoots up the second I remember why Tina is our candidate. And I get mad.

Comment

Biden +8 and Peters rebounded to +8 in the final NYT Michigan poll. I suspect an increase in straight party voting on the Dem side might end up bailing out Peters.

Joe and Obama are both coming to Michigan on Saturday, location and time still TBA.
        There are still about 800k absentee ballots outstanding.

https://electproject.github.io/Early-Vote-2020G/MI.html

The under 65 crowd needs to pick it up.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

My blood pressure shoots up the second I remember why Tina is our candidate. And I get mad.
          I think this has probably gone through the rinse cycle enough that if he wanted to he could make a comeback, maybe as Governor.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The good news is Gillbrand is dead. Her Schumer wing lost to the Harris wing and we will all be better for it.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• LOL.
              for real though how does one become an elector

“Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has just revealed that she is an elector for New York in the Electoral College this year, saying, “I'm sure I'll get to vote for Joe and Kamala in New York."

Comment

LOL.
                for real though how does one become an elector

“Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has just revealed that she is an elector for New York in the Electoral College this year, saying, “I'm sure I'll get to vote for Joe and Kamala in New York."
                Some are elected from the districts, some (like Hillary) are party poobahs. It's all state party skullduggery. It's pretty gross; nice people don't look too closely.
                Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

While these hopefully tell a happy story, mookie registered in his new state as a “R” and requested a mail in ballot. Checked both choices D and sent it in.

so registrations point, but don’t tell
                  Sure. You did that. So far, anecdotally, so are a lot of other people.

I doubt there are very many doing the opposite.
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Pretty sure we're already almost there.
                    Almost but there is still work to be done.... Texas needs to build up Dallas/Fort Worth and probably some of Houston. North Carolina still has a good amount of red in Charlotte. Columbus+Cleveland and Indianapolis are blue dots on SS Letterhead. I want every "Urban" area north of 100K to be blue beyond recognition. Let the Dakotas, Wyoming, and Alabama be the only places where a R candidate won't need to hold a rally to carry the EV...

I know this won't eliminate Red at the state or local level (IL is a perfect example of this) but it will do on a national one...
                    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

Almost but there is still work to be done.... Texas needs to build up Dallas/Fort Worth and probably some of Houston. North Carolina still has a good amount of red in Charlotte. Columbus+Cleveland and Indianapolis are blue dots on SS Letterhead. I want every "Urban" area north of 100K to be blue beyond recognition. Let the Dakotas, Wyoming, and Alabama be the only places where a R candidate won't need to hold a rally to carry the EV...

I know this won't eliminate Red at the state or local level (IL is a perfect example of this) but it will do on a national one...
                      I agree. One good thing is this tends to happen naturally. As cities grow they become more diverse and more liberal --> better policies --> smarter (i.e. more liberal) people move in --> better education --> better policies --> smarter (i.e. more liberal) people move in. The virtuous cycle of civilization which has slowly taken humanity from a war of all against all of gimme gimme isolated conservative beasts to rational, moral, interdependent liberal communities.

Look at Phoenix. Conservatard racist sh-t hole one generation ago. Now a burgeoning, multiracial, purple city. Solid blue, prosperous, racially blended future.

Meanwhile, conservative backwaters are the reverse. The only people who stay are the failures who keep repeating the same failed policies because they are too dumb to know they are failing. It's the Dunning-Kruger of city and regional planning.

Last edited by Kepler; 10-28-2020, 04:45 PM.
                      Cornell University

Comment

• Jfc

https://mobile.twitter.com/DJJudd/st...00882865999874

Comment

At this point I think we should just start saying that Trump was in the shower at PSU with Sandusky and the kids...
                          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

https://sos.iowa.gov/elections/results/index.html
                              https://sos.iowa.gov/elections/pdf/2...sional2020.pdf

Early votes are split pretty evenly over the 4 congressional districts. District 4 (NW Iowa - Steve King country) has about 35k less total early votes than the others, which are all in the 210-215k range.

The current margins in the 3 D-leaning districts are all about the same, 105-110k D early votes to 60-65k R early votes. District 4 is 75k R to 70k D.

There will be one last big change in numbers on Monday, as the Saturday before election day generally brings out a decent number of early voters.

And I don't know the threshold for sure. I can tell you Axne won her Congressional seat two years ago carrying Polk County by about 35k votes while losing all the rest of the counties in the district. Since a statewide race has to make up for Steve King's R-heavy district, a Dem has to carry Polk County by more than that to win. But I don't know where that is. I think it's about 50k. But don't know for sure.
                              Excellent info thank you very much :-)
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Once Dems gain enough power in North Carolina and Georgia to fix voting rights once and for all, it's game over for the current flavor of the Republican Party. Flo(R)ida, Ohio, and Pennsyltucky aren't going to be enough to drag them over the line anymore. Texas will continue along the same path that is starting to pay off for Arizona - soaking up West Coast transplants who bring their scary librul soshulist thinkin' with them.
                                This is what the GOP is scared of if you read between the lines. 2022 in Texas is very scary and if the Dems gain more ground in the state house they will take it back in 2022 as Abott goes down in flames. Same holds true in Georgia. Unless the GOP is able to somehow either sway Blacks or Women to their side the Electoral Shift the next couple years is going to be striking.

And I dont say that as some eternal optimist...2018 was a harbinger and if it holds this time (which it appears it will at this point) then it is not just a one shot deal it is a trend. The GOP can win if every White Person votes for them because of the EC...but if White Women are split then it is all over but the shouting.

It could be...much like other disasterous Presidents that inadvertently lead to amazing reform and change...that in 40 years people say "Trump damned near destroyed us and ****ed on every institution we have but we wouldnt have half the things we have now if we hadnt been motivated to destroy him!". That is my hope anyways.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X