Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biden v Dump 1: If not now, when? If not us, who?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigus View Post

You can fill out an absentee and drop it off at your clerk's office at any time to avoid the mail. Wife and I dropped ours a week ago.
    Good to know, thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Is there an evidentiary trail from the county clerk to the count?

That's what it is has come to if you live in a Nazi state. As in literally them taking ballots and shredding them.
      I look like one of "them" so unless they are progressives doubling as Nazis, I should be all right. In reality, my county actually has a lot of democrats in elected positions. I think they'll do OK with a fair and accurate count.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post

I look like one of "them" so unless they are progressives doubling as Nazis, I should be all right. In reality, my county actually has a lot of democrats in elected positions. I think they'll do OK with a fair and accurate count.
        Never know, never can tell. My favorite thing floating around among the "Trump can grab my p****" crowd since he was elected is the apparent lament that a full beard is no longer a guarantee that your date is a high testosterone, axe swingin', truck drivin', God fearin', conservative manly man.

Comment

• Appeals court rules that ballots in Michigan must now be received by election night to be counted, overturning a prior ruling that would've allowed a postmark of election day and counted up to 14 days later.

It's frustrating the rules can change in the middle of the game. Absentee voting has been open since the end of September. The deadline for vote by mail is essentially cut in half. Now we're only five days from when the state recommends having your ballot mailed at the latest.
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            NYT drops the big one on Dump.

It goes on for pages and then links to a dozen or more other articles for evidence. A strong indictment of Dump and his Nazi party, and a historical document of this period to be referred to in the future when people ask how it could happen here, and how we just barely stopped it.

We are present at the moment when the world is saved. We are no longer the "middle children of history." We are about to do the most important thing ever done for humanity.

MAGA Haberman (and her mom who has spent a lot of time working for the Trumps/Kushners) are gonna have the Red *** ;-)

Speaking of that Bo Erikson is mad that Biden didnt get all lovey dovey with him when he asked about the Kremlin Disinformation...errr...NY Post Story!

https://twitter.com/BoKnowsNews/stat...75294194085888
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
              Appeals court rules that ballots in Michigan must now be received by election night to be counted, overturning a prior ruling that would've allowed a postmark of election day and counted up to 14 days later.

It's frustrating the rules can change in the middle of the game. Absentee voting has been open since the end of September. The deadline for vote by mail is essentially cut in half. Now we're only five days from when the state recommends having your ballot mailed at the latest.
              So mail it.

these distractions pizz off mookie. Fill out and put yer dam ballot in the box.

”since end of September”
              no excuse now

if one was going in person they couldn’t rely on going up to 14 days later.
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• https://mobile.twitter.com/thehill/s...10140907913216

Trump crushing in Michigan, winning in Pennsylvania and tied in Flo(R)ida.

[insert usual caveats here]
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

So mail it.

these distractions pizz off mookie. Fill out and put yer dam ballot in the box.

”since end of September”
                  no excuse now

if one was going in person they couldn’t rely on going up to 14 days later.
                  A postmark is analogous to your in-person scenario, mook. The voter can't control if and when the conservaturd who works at the PO gets around to actually getting the ballot to the polling station, assuming he does at all.

For "distraction" read "enforcing voting rights." I am extremely leery of people who have a problem with that. It's almost as if they have a partisan reason for suppressing votes or, at best, they just can't be bothered with making sure others can vote.

I don't know why it's not Election Month, myself. If you're below 100% turnout you're doin' it wrong.
                  Last edited by Kepler; 10-16-2020, 11:56 PM.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Hey, mookie would love to have election weekend where one can choose sat, sun, mon, tues to go.
                    but that isn’t what we have right now.

mookie got his ballot a couple weeks ago and filled it out and faxed it in.

these folks in Michigan got it last week of sept.... shouldn’t still be on the kitchen table.

this isn’t a bill for electricity where anyone is waiting for a paycheck to cover. Mail it in already.

same with the dam census- fill the ****ing thing out and mail it.

laziness is no excuse. Sorry. Incredibly bad look.
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• I grudgingly agree with mookie. (Yikes). It would be nice if they gave a couple of extra days for postmarked ballots to come in but two weeks is absurd. It also gives too much time for shenanigans by Chump and his merry band of cross burners. Dems, let's vote early and often.
                      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• So my mom calls yesterday. Took their ballots out and dropped them off at the town office. My 87 year old father, curmudgeonly old Mainer that he is, pretty much die hard Repub, sends money to the NRA whenever he gets one of their mailings about how they must preserve our liberties and freedoms............

voted for Joe Biden.

Apparently Donnie's debate performance didn't make a very good impression.
                        Last edited by rufus; 10-17-2020, 10:22 AM.
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                          So my mom calls yesterday. Took their ballots out and dropped them off at the town office. My 87 year old father, curmudgeonly old Mainer that he is, pretty much die hard Repub, sends money to the NRA whenever he gets one of their mailings about how they must preserve our libraries and freedoms............

voted for Joe Biden.

Apparently Donnie's debate performance didn't make a very good impression.
                          Does he say the debate performance is what did it, rufus?

Credit your Dad for being willing to change. It's not easy--for any of us.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post

"I don't want to talk about his family or my family, I want to talk about your family."

It was a coached line, but it should've sealed the deal for any member of this country's Great Unwashed still on the fence.

Comment

Yes, a big kudos for people who can do that instead of, say, doing a write in name of a person who is dead.

glad there are still people left who care about the world that will be left for everyone else

Comment

That's what my mom said. I didn't talk to him, cause frankly, he's often off in his own little world these days. Doesn't hear so well, and maybe a touch of dementia going on, so he's a bit isolated.

I do know that he has little tolerance for fools, as any native Mainer will relate. So perhaps the debate was the first chance to actually see the blithering idiot as he was, rather than filtered through what the news reports say he was.

And yeah, I know, fake news bias. But even the diehard wingnuts' will have to admit that even the news accounts of Donnie's rallies or pressers or whatever clean them up and make some sort of sense of them as compared to when you see actual videotape of them.

The guy is a full blown idiot.
                                Last edited by rufus; 10-17-2020, 10:21 AM.
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X