Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biden v Dump 1: If not now, when? If not us, who?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
    I voted early. I was surprised by how consistent the line was here. Seemed like there was always 4-6 people actively at the voting booths and then another 4-6 people in line. So it moved fairly quickly. In and out in about 15-20 minutes. Unfortunately I am in one of those deeply red derp Western states (Idaho). Despite several races, many were uncontested and only had an R running. Or an R and a "constitution party" which was designated as "Con" on the ballot. Which seemed apt. Voted for the 3 Dems that were running (Pres, Senate, and a Representative) and on one referendum.

The referendum was on whether to amend the state constitution to set the number of state legislative districts to 35. That is the current number we have but the constitution allows it to go down to 30. Idaho is growing. We actually should have MORE districts. I voted yes though I would have preferred it to be worded in such a way that would allow for expansion as we grow. Hopefully further amending would allow that. But I certainly didn't want there to be less. Given the derpness of this state I could totally see the legislature going with fewer districts and drawn in such a way to decrease what little representation the non-derps have.
    ID is gorgeous, where are you living?

Where's the growth happening and who is it? When I was out there 20 years ago the only people you heard about moving in were sovereign citizen racists who were fed up with how racially diverse Wyoming had become.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by sjhovey View Post

wasn't there some story going around that the same group that bought up tickets to one of trump's rallys with no intent to go also organized people to stream biden's event to screw with the ratings?
      concern!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Wow, that's pretty late "early" voting. I think we've been early voting in VA for about a month. :-)
        I didn't think it was till I started hearing about other states. It's open for two weeks. Including Sundays. Which I love. Even though I plan to go tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post

concern!
          This is why Hovey is important. He brings us the Echo Chamber so we don't have to go there.

I keep telling you, Hovey is the strangest cat on this board by a huge margin. Because he's smart. All the other cons are morons so they're boring, but he's like a probe -- he brings in the data from their alternate universe and reports it straight. He's like the dudes in Chernobyl who had to do that hellish recon under the core.

If I were an elected Dem, I would have Hovey on my staff. Every once in a while I would call him in, lock all the doors and turn off the bugs, and ask him what his concerns were. He's a barometer for the cray, but he's a dependable reporting instrument. You or I could not do that -- the insanity would melt us like radiation. But he is immune.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

I didn't think it was till I started hearing about other states. It's open for two weeks. Including Sundays. Which I love. Even though I plan to go tomorrow.
            Oh I remember when it was genuinely early. But at this point voting in the first world states is basically a month long, and it's great. This is how it must be from now on. Both because it is more fair to people with pressing economic issues, and because it is our counter-measure against the Nazis.
            Cornell University

Comment

• Lol

”BREAKING: The Republican National Committee has filed a federal elections complaint against Twitter accusing the social media company of making what it describes as "in-kind contributions" that benefited Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden's campaign.”

Comment

This is why Hovey is important. He brings us the Echo Chamber so we don't have to go there.

I keep telling you, Hovey is the strangest cat on this board by a huge margin. Because he's smart. All the other cons are morons so they're boring, but he's like a probe -- he brings in the data from their alternate universe and reports it straight. He's like the dudes in Chernobyl who had to do that hellish recon under the core.

If I were an elected Dem, I would have Hovey on my staff. Every once in a while I would call him in, lock all the doors and turn off the bugs, and ask him what his concerns were. He's a barometer for the cray, but he's a dependable reporting instrument. You or I could not do that -- the insanity would melt us like radiation. But he is immune.
                He's good for this board. And he acts like an adult. Most of the time.

Comment

Savannah Guthrie was a real interviewer and did a brilliant job. I assume she will now be banned from American television forever for being "boring" or "Poindexter" or "too confrontational."

NBC actually did us all a service, showing us how to fact check Dump in real time, get after his lies, ask follow ups and clarifications, and not getting bullied by him. She was outstanding.
                  At "Town Hall's", there is no interviewer, just a moderator. People from the AUDIENCE ask questions and then the candidate responds. SG wanted to DEBATE Trump, not moderate, she is a hack. Nbc did themselves, and the MSM in general, a DIS-service.

Nbc should have displayed REAL journalism like ABC. They had REAL questions from REAL people ***

*** 1)Former Obama speechwriter
                  *** 2) Wife of a top PA Democrat

How far in advance do you think Joe received those softball questions? :-)

Comment

• Wrong. Town Hall's always have the moderator asking questions and following up on audience questions. The reason Biden had an easier time is because BIDEN ANSWERS THE ****ING QUESTIONS.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whalers View Post

At "Town Hall's", there is no interviewer, just a moderator. People from the AUDIENCE ask questions and then the candidate responds. SG wanted to DEBATE Trump, not moderate, she is a hack. Nbc did themselves, and the MSM in general, a DIS-service.

Nbc should have displayed REAL journalism like ABC. They had REAL questions from REAL people ***

*** 1)Former Obama speechwriter
                      *** 2) Wife of a top PA Democrat

How far in advance do you think Joe received those softball questions? :-)
                      Trumpers: Trump is the strongest man we've ever met

Also Trumpers: She was SOOOOOOO MEAN!
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post

Trumpers: Trump is the strongest man we've ever met

Also Trumpers: She was SOOOOOOO MEAN!
                        They're weak little *******, just like their guy.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post

He's good for this board. And he acts like an adult. Most of the time.
                          He does, far more than I do. He's snarky sometimes but most of us act like little p-ss babies more often than he does.

I like Hovey. I'm genuinely sorry the feeling is not mutual.
                          Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            BIDEN ANSWERS THE ****ING QUESTIONS.
                            Biden had NOTE CARDS on a table that he referenced, some even during his answer. For the most part, his "answers" were babbling nonsensical drivel to take up the time. How would he do if the "moderator" was, as you say, asking questions and following up on audience questions? We will never know because it will NEVER happen.

Now about that Hunter story Joe? Joe? Uh, Joe? You there?

Comment

Wow, that's pretty late "early" voting. I think we've been early voting in VA for about a month. :-)
                              Wisconsin's doesn't start until Tuesday. Plus no weekend hours. Plus no Monday before Election Day. I have one of 9 days to attempt to vote early-in-person. I wish I trusted the mail, but I don't. I voted by mail in all the years I lived in Ohio. I guess the votes were received and tallied, but anymore, who the hell knows?

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post

Wisconsin's doesn't start until Tuesday. Plus no weekend hours. Plus no Monday before Election Day. I have one of 9 days to attempt to vote early-in-person. I wish I trusted the mail, but I don't. I voted by mail in all the years I lived in Ohio. I guess the votes were received and tallied, but anymore, who the hell knows?
                                I guess that's what happens where your state leg is Nazi.

Why is that, BTW? You guys are a purple state how the hell is your leg supermajority Nazi?
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X