Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biden v Dump 1: If not now, when? If not us, who?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post

Why does Harris make such a difference?
    From what I gather it stems from her time as the CA AG, part of which her failure to adequately address over-crowding of state prisons, her refusal to go after Steve Mnuchin from his time at OneWest bank, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      I know of at least 3 people that voted Trump in '16 and are now willing to vote Biden but will not if Harris is the VP. fwiw
      You mean they wouldn't vote if she's the VP pick or they would choose Dump over Biden? If the latter, you have to wonder if they were dropped as infants.
      Last edited by burd; 08-01-2020, 08:55 PM.

Comment

From what I gather it stems from her time as the CA AG, part of which her failure to adequately address over-crowding of state prisons, her refusal to go after Steve Mnuchin from his time at OneWest bank, etc.
        Wait wait wait, they voted for Trump in 2016 and want to vote for Biden but don't like Harris because she's not liberal enough?

Are these 3 people the Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus, and the Easter Bunny?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Interesting. I figure the Mnuchin thing wasn't pursued because it was likely unwinnable at the time. The other I can't say for sure but likely would have cost her political capital she may not have been able to lose.
          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Interesting. I figure the Mnuchin thing wasn't pursued because it was likely unwinnable at the time. The other I can't say for sure but likely would have cost her political capital she may not have been able to lose.
            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post

Wait wait wait, they voted for Trump in 2016 and want to vote for Biden but don't like Harris because she's not liberal enough?

Are these 3 people the Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus, and the Easter Bunny?
              Yeah not that I doubt Slap Shot but I doubt those 3 are voting for Biden no matter what. The story doesnt pass the smell test. (not you Slap Shot them)
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/1289733054580133893

"In an unprecedented move, reporters won't be allowed at the GOP convention in Charlotte, NC, this month, when delegates formally nominate President Trump"

The dramatically scaled-down Republican National Convention in Charlotte, North Carolina, will be closed to the press, a convention spokesperson and Republican official familiar with the plans tell CNN.

Reporters will not be allowed on site as RNC delegates vote to formally nominate President Donald Trump as the 2020 Republican presidential nominee, but the vote will be livestreamed, the Republican official said.
                The restriction is unprecedented in modern American political history, but Republican officials said they were forced to limit attendance due to social distancing restrictions imposed by the governor of North Carolina.
                "Given the health restrictions and limitations in place within the state of North Carolina, we are planning for the Charlotte activities to be closed press Friday, August 21 -- Monday, August 24," the RNC convention spokesperson said in a statement Saturday."We are happy to let you know if this changes, but we are working within the parameters set before us by state and local guidelines regarding the number of people who can attend events," the spokesperson said.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I'd have to ask more to try and flesh out their claims. fwiw 2/3 are more libertarian than anything and the 3rd is certainly not your typical gun-toting, LGBTQ hating, ant-free choice hardcore rightie.

Comment

I'd have to ask more to try and flesh out their claims. fwiw 2/3 are more libertarian than anything and the 3rd is certainly not your typical gun-toting, LGBTQ hating, ant-free choice hardcore rightie.
                    The libertArians I know hate Biden- they wanted Pete. Not sure if they will vote for him or not- but they do hate trump

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/1289733054580133893

"In an unprecedented move, reporters won't be allowed at the GOP convention in Charlotte, NC, this month, when delegates formally nominate President Trump"

I assume that they're inviting Putin to give a speech since the press is gone.
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post

I assume that they're inviting Putin to give a speech since the press is gone.
                        Didn't dumpster say last spring, by tweet or direct quote, that he asked Putin whether Russia interfered in the '16 election, that Putin denied it, and that he trusted Putin at his word? If he did, has that shown up in the LP ads?

Comment

• He said that at some conference yes. (Helsinki maybe) And it has been in a couple of the ads I believe.
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            He said that at some conference yes. (Helsinki maybe) And it has been in a couple of the ads I believe.
                            Fitting as he isn’t even aware that Finland isn’t part of Russia

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Fitting as he isn’t even aware that Finland isn’t part of Russia
                              I think that was the same conference where he made that stupid statement as well...

It was Helsinki...then at the G20 he pretended to scold Putin if he dared do it again.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/s...91414902906883

That is a powerful ad...
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X