Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biden v Dump 1: If not now, when? If not us, who?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

I'm just hoping that once Trump is gone, the fever breaks.
    Oh gosh, I hope we can all just forget about Trump's crimes and he'll be okay! Will someone please think of the corrupt old white men?

Comment

No.

He needs to be jailed. Period.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

nope, the infection runs deep among conservatives.

Comment

• Hey everyone, look at my election post and ignore what the Business President did with the 2Q GDP!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• I hope all Fox viewers BELIEVE the election is postponed....
            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• It's going to take years to overcome the damage Trump has done, some of it may be irreversible.

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post
                Who cares? As long as Nancy Pelosi and Democrats control the House, the election isn’t being moved. What’s more worrisome is if everyone is going to be able to vote amidst a pandemic. Lots of lawsuits winding their way through state court systems to flesh that out as we speak.

Not to mention, plenty of Democratic Secretaries of State, in tandem with their Democratic governors and legislatures, have already provided such an avenue for safe voting.
                Way wrong attitude dude. It doesnt matter whether it doesnt seem like it is possible we cannot let the sitting President start normalizing the idea of moving the election. If we have learned anything the last 3.5 years it is that he is able to move the needle way to easy and ignoring it or saying stuff like "he cant do it anyways" never stops him from trying and sometimes succeeding. He is going to have a good percentage of 60 million people backing him up and the Senate. This is not a "who cares" scenario.

If the pandemic is still out of control 2 months from now people are going to buy into this. If the Red States (the ones who dont support mail in voting that is) go along with it we have a serious ****ing problem. This is not a little thing and it definitely isnt something to be lasseiz faire about.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

No.

He needs to be jailed. Period.
                  My prosecution wish list starting day 1 (Don't care if it's state or federal):

1) Chump
                  2) Barr
                  3) Chump's idiot sons
                  ​​​​​​4) Giuliani
                  5) DeVos

I'm sure there are many others but let's start with the people we already know are guilty!
                  Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

No we will still think the bull**** the GOP tries is Racist Sexist Crap. Dont like it...change them.

But hey...we are just clutching at pearls amirite? It isnt like he and his gang of cronies havent set us back on race relations 70 years. It isnt like people are dying every day because even though we had the luxury of lead time in a Pandemic we squandered it, ignored it and chose to worry more about dumbphucks being able to drink at bars than what actual scientists said. (unless they say what the GOP wants them to say, then they are right ESPECIALLY when they are wrong) It isnt like they are still trying to end ObamaCare as people are dying. It isnt like there is civil unrest all over the country. It isnt like the economy is tanking (again) and we just lost a third of our GDP. It isnt like Unemployment is at Depression Era levels...

The fever wont break, because too many people will still believe the GOP had zero to do with any of that. Until people start seeing these *******s for what they are the fever will never break. As long as GOP voters elect people who protect pedophiles and rapists (They have a nice long history of that) we will make sure to call them out for it. As long as their monetary policy is set to balloon the deficit while making sure rich people get everything they want, they will get ripped for it. As long as they support denial of all rights outside of 2A...we will call them out for it. Again, dont like it...change it.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                      Hey everyone, look at my election post and ignore what the Business President did with the 2Q GDP!
                      That was probably his plan...but there is going to be no escaping those numbers. If it is another bad day deathwise for COVID he will hit the trifecta.
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The GOP has been deeply sick for a long time. At least 1994 (25 years), more plausibly 1980 (40 years), arguably 1964 (55 years).

I think the only way the fever breaks is the big business guys who actually run the party determine the vein is played out and they can't deliver the heists using derp anymore. The GOP is a husk which they fill. If they lose TX they may wake up November 4 and decide to rebrand as the party of immigrants and minorities. It will be bumpy for a while, like it was when we shipped our racists to you in the 60s and 70s, but as long as we have a 2-party system neither of the biggies will be down for too long as long as they adapt.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• We have had a handful of very consequential elections in this country during it's lifespan. The 2020 election is shaping up to be far and away the most consequential in the history of this republic. If trump steals this election, the country is over. If democrats win overwhelmingly (Biden, Ds take the senate, Ds make similar gains where they can like in 2018), what that buys us is time. Time to fix things once and for all. Times to put us on a path of more racial equality, more gender equality, more opportunity equality generally. If Biden wins and the Ds hold the house (cannot see anyway they don't with a Biden win) but few gains are made elsewhere, we've probably stopped the bleeding, but little else.

Oh and if someone tries to stop me from voting on November 3rd (or to count my ballots if I have voted earlier) they're not gonna like my response. You can mock me for the teams I roof for, you can call my mom nasty names, you can even steal my car or anything else I own and I'm probably not gonna do a damn thing about it. But if I choose to vote and you try to stop me, you will not like what happens to you. I may not like what happens to me as a result of that, but I guarantee you will not like what happens to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Way wrong attitude dude. It doesnt matter whether it doesnt seem like it is possible we cannot let the sitting President start normalizing the idea of moving the election. If we have learned anything the last 3.5 years it is that he is able to move the needle way to easy and ignoring it or saying stuff like "he cant do it anyways" never stops him from trying and sometimes succeeding. He is going to have a good percentage of 60 million people backing him up and the Senate. This is not a "who cares" scenario.

If the pandemic is still out of control 2 months from now people are going to buy into this. If the Red States (the ones who dont support mail in voting that is) go along with it we have a serious ****ing problem. This is not a little thing and it definitely isnt something to be lasseiz faire about.
                            What is something Trump has done in the past 3.5 years that is both completely illegal, and required the approval/complicity of Democrats? I admit I haven’t followed everything that’s happened since January 2017.

My attitude is fine, thank you. I worry much more about people having the ability to vote safely, or at all, on or before November 3. That’s a legitimate concern, and there are still swing states that haven’t followed through on providing for safe access to voting come November, because, you know, those a-sholes in power HAVE the ability to hamper voting access. Trump has 0 power over changing the election. 0. I’m more worried he’ll decide McConnell is a traitor, and subsequently nuke Kentucky off the map. No doubt quite a few of you would be happy with that; Scooby in particular.

Comment

• Silly me...I am worried about both.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1288852889256046592

Biden in April predicted Trump may try to push back the election, a suggestion the president's campaign dismissed as "the incoherent, conspiracy theory ramblings of a lost candidate who is out of touch with reality."
                                It is never good to be this predictable...someone needs to teach Donny to think outside the box ;-)
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X