Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biden v Dump 1: If not now, when? If not us, who?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

The problem is Nate Silver was the only major prognosticator who even had it in the 70s, mainly because he was the only one who realized that state polls are not wholly independent and a miss in Michigan and a miss in Wisconsin would likely be in the same direction.

The Princeton guy had it at like 99% and was making fun of Silver for having it as low as he did. The rest of the major media all had it 90+%, which yes still isn't a lock but they were all treating it as such.
    I believe Sam Wang got to literally eat crow, as I recall. I'm kind of surprised they're still operating.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• This might reach those posturing righties who consider themselves Constitutionalists and wave the Bill of Rights at us as if it is Scripture that bans Single Payer. That gut punch of “Dump is weak” drills right into the sexual inadequacy of conservative men.
      Last edited by Kepler; 07-27-2020, 10:03 AM.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        FL via 538.

Other than GA and perhaps TX there is no state where Jim Crow 2: Nazi Booglaoo is artificially maintaining Republican control. A full Democratic wave in FL would mean blowing away the jury-rigged suppression apparatus the GOP has hastily assembled to thwart honest elections, and which stole them the Senate and Governor elections in 2018. The state Senate is 23-17 R, the House is 73-46 R. We need to flip 4 Senate and 14 House seats and secure the Governorship in order to restore democracy.

Now, this will be democracy for Florida Man, but it's a start anyway.
        One thing that will help this is that Lebron James set up a non-profit to help pay the fines of felons so they can get their right to vote back.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

One thing that will help this is that Lebron James set up a non-profit to help pay the fines of felons so they can get their right to vote back.
          That's great. Is that part of his Barber Shop thing? I watched a few of those, they were extremely interesting. Lebron is nobody's fool. He's like what if Killer Mike was good at sports.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• I dunno I never watched. What an awesome idea though and hopefully more of the NBA (who are in Flo(R)ida) helps him out.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• The lineup of celebrities at the RNC this year is a "Who's Who" of...Who?

Scott Baio
              Ted Nugent
              Antonio Sabato Jr.
              Diamond and Silk
              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The lineup of celebrities at the RNC this year is a "Who's Who" of...Who?

Scott Baio
                Ted Nugent
                Antonio Sabato Jr.
                Diamond and Silk
                The draft dodging pedo can also double as the music act. Cost savings!

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

I wonder if that is how they are funding the Melania "Let Them Eat Cake" renovation of the Rose Garden and adding of Tennis Courts to the White House.
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The lineup of celebrities at the RNC this year is a "Who's Who" of...Who?

Scott Baio
                    Ted Nugent
                    Antonio Sabato Jr.
                    Diamond and Silk
                    I thought they cancelled the dumb thing. Is the Nuge gonna speak on Zoom?
                    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post

I thought they cancelled the dumb thing. Is the Nuge gonna speak on Zoom?
                      Yeah it sounds like they are doing a Zoom type setup...who knows with these morons.
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

They'll just have such a hard time choosing which hits to play! The one that made it to #70 on the charts, one the one that made it to #58, or the real heatseeker that made it allllllll the way up to #30?!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• There's an interesting poll in the 538 aggregate for Michigan. From right wing pollster SpryStrategies.

It has a large conservative base (46% conservative to 17% liberal, remainder is moderate), yet the party breakdown is 31% Democrat, 29% GOP and 39% independent/other.
                          It skews heavily towards Trump +6 and favors the conservative outlook on basically all questions, except for one very odd outlier: Democrat Gary Peters is leading +10 over challenger John James for the Senate seat. 8% are undecided, but even if all of them go to James, that's still Peters +2 in a poll that is favoring Trump by 13 points over the aggregate.

Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                            There's an interesting poll in the 538 aggregate for Michigan. From right wing pollster SpryStrategies.

It has a large conservative base (46% conservative to 17% liberal, remainder is moderate), yet the party breakdown is 31% Democrat, 29% GOP and 39% independent/other.
                            It skews heavily towards Trump +6 and favors the conservative outlook on basically all questions, except for one very odd outlier: Democrat Gary Peters is leading +10 over challenger John James for the Senate seat. 8% are undecided, but even if all of them go to James, that's still Peters +2 in a poll that is favoring Trump by 13 points over the aggregate.
                            Because there are still people in this country who’d rather lose than vote for a black man? From the little I’ve read about James in the national media, he has a stellar background for a candidate, and raised a ton of cash.

Comment

• James would've made a great "See? We aren't racists!" candidate during Shrub's administration. Now that the GOP has gone full white male supremacist, the only reason he's got a shot is because he's young/handsome and Peters is a backbencher with little media recognition.

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post

Because there are still people in this country who’d rather lose than vote for a black man? From the little I’ve read about James in the national media, he has a stellar background for a candidate, and raised a ton of cash.
                                He has a stellar background, and a ton of cash, and that’s it. Go to his website. There is one actual policy view, and it’s not even in writing. He has three YouTube clips, two of which are commercials and one that’s Fox and Friends. His only policy remark in those three combined is that he wants to repeal and replace, but that he’ll protect preexisting conditions.

This is his second Senate campaign, yet it looks like someone gave up on a project midway through.

Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Working...
                                X