Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biden v Dump 1: If not now, when? If not us, who?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who wants to tell him?

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonal...56758457188352
    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
      I say we roll with the con and get them agree to "absentee" voting =)
      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• I'm pretty sure Mushroom Moron was referring to this difference.

Absentee Votingrefers to when a voter requests a ballot and, if eligible, is subsequently sent one via mail or email. Traditionally, voters are required to provide an “excuse” to qualify for absentee voting, usually pertaining to why they cannot be in a polling place in-person on Election Day. All states allow for some form of absentee voting, 17 of which still require an excuse. However, recent reforms have expanded the availability of absentee voting as a convenience option. By the end of 2019, 33 states and the District of Columbia have “no-excuse absentee voting,” in which any voter may apply for an absentee ballot without providing a justification.

However, even no-excuse absentee voting differs from strict vote-by-mail.

Vote-by-Mail (VBM) is the process of sending every registered voter a ballot without a request. While by-mail voting is the default practice in Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon, Washington, and Utah, VBM states generally keep some polling places or vote centers open for those who either cannot or prefer not to vote by mail. In addition to the five VBM states, 21 additional states use vote-by-mail for a selection of smaller races.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Early days / caveats / etc. But.

Democratic and liberal aligned groups have put out 17 House polls taken in April or later. Republican aligned groups have put out 0. That's a very bad ratio for Republicans.

Interestingly, Republicans were the ones dominating the polling landscape in the first quarter of the year. From January through March, Republican and conservative groups released 10 polls compared with the Democrats' 2.
          The April turning point lines up well with when the coronavirus pandemic became the headline story of the year. It's when President Donald Trump's approval rating started an almost continuous decline that remains unabated.

In other words, it makes a lot of sense that Democrats started to dominate the House polling landscape in the past few months. They had a lot of good news for their side that they wanted out in the public. Republicans, meanwhile, were likely seeing numbers that wouldn't make them look good.

Now, you might be wondering whether statewide internal polling is showing the same thing. Presidential elections are mostly won on the state level, after all. Unfortunately, the presidential campaigns aren't putting out their own data, and partisan statewide polls have less of a chance to shape the narrative because there are so many public polls. Still, there are some outside groups that are releasing data, and we're largely seeing the same picture as the district data portrays.

Since April, Democratic or liberal groups have released 30 statewide polls in the presidential race. Republicans have put out a mere 13. That means the Democratic share of statewide internal polls has been 70%.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Rasmussen, which polls only invalid white males in the Pan Handle, has Biden +10 and breaking fifty.

As Halderman said, "a new approach is needed."

Also:

The new survey finds Trump with 74% of the Republican vote. Biden has the support of 79% of Democrats.
            If Dump can't get at least 90% of the Mouth Breathers he is in deep sh-t.
            Cornell University

Comment

• Dont tell Politico that :-P
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• The latest meme going around Trumper circles is asking for Biden's taxes as though they aren't already out there. I mean, it took me 5 seconds to find them. I just don't understand willful ignorance like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

If Dump can't get at least 90% of the Mouth Breathers he is in deep sh-t.
                  His chances improve quite a bit if he can prevent blue voter fraud.

Comment

• Isnt that like saying my chances of dying are much less if we find and kill the Loch Ness Monster?
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      Isnt that like saying my chances of dying are much less if we find and kill the Loch Ness Monster?
                      A bit.

Comment

• You are right...there is a better chance Nessy exists ;-)
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Joe Biden leading in Texas by 5 points, according to a poll conducted for the Dallas Morning News. This same newspaper reported a virtual tie in a Quinnipiac poll in early June. The best news about the Biden campaign is that his team is playing this right, and at this time still focusing mostly on the states Hillary should have won in 2016 that she so famously neglected, like Michigan and Wisconsin, even though he has sizable leads in those states. Perhaps at the beginning of October we can see where things are in some of these states that trump should have been winning easily. If they are still close or in Biden's favor, maybe then make a real push.

Comment

• Well the Pandemic is helping immensely. It is limiting the amount Joe is out and about which prevents him from saying or doing something stupid. Plus since he cant really campaign like normal anyways he cant make the Hillary mistake anyways right now. Meanwhile places like Texas and Flo(R)ida (which I believe has them tied but I forget) are getting sicker and sicker by the day and Trump cant stop falling all over himself to make things worse.

Now I dont think Biden wins Texas...but if Texas is in play that is a REAL bad sign for the GOP as a whole.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              Meanwhile places like Texas and Flo(R)ida (which I believe has them tied but I forget) are getting sicker and sicker by the day and Trump cant stop falling all over himself to make things worse.
                              Good news in Florida as polls look decent there right now. 538 average of polls has him holding a 6 point lead. A YouGov poll (538 grade of B) of likely voters has him up 6 in a poll released yesterday. A FOX news poll in late June had Biden up by 9 and their polls warrant an "A" grade from 538.

Comment

• Hasn't Trump himself stopped trotting himself to the podium daily? He's damn near the point of projecting an image of feeling defeated.

Comment

Working...
                                X