Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biden v Dump 1: If not now, when? If not us, who?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Biden v Dump 1: If not now, when? If not us, who?

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Actually he said that yesterday

(or might have been Saturday...what day is it today)
    There was a Pearls Before Swine strip that ran a few days ago, basically:

"Is today the 4th? It is June? What year is it? *sigh* remember when calendars mattered?"

Honestly, even though I was never furloughed or anything, I did lose my weekend routines, for the most part, and basically, if the alarm goes off: OH! It's a workday. I must go to my job. If it doesn't? Yay! I can do whatever, it doesn't matter.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...source=twitter

President Trump has two monumental political problems on his hands. The first is that sizable majorities continue to disapprove of his handling of the novel coronavirus, which is still claiming American lives at a fast clip and has helped land us in the worst economic crisis in nearly a century.
      The second is that, after having claimed civil unrest sweeping the land constitutes “domestic terror,” while rage-tweeting about “LAW & ORDER!” and threatening to send in troops, public opinion is solidly behind the protests, while approval of his response has sunk into the 30s.

Is there anything that might magically solve both these problems in one stroke?

Why, yes! Blaming large gatherings at protests for any spikes in the coronavirus in coming weeks just might fit the bill perfectly!
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Trump campaign seeks apology, retraction of CNN poll showing Biden leading

President Trump’s reelection campaign is asking CNN for an apology and demanding a retraction of a poll this week that shows presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden with a sizable lead, claiming it was designed “to manufacture an anti-Trump narrative.”

CNN said Wednesday that it stands by the poll, which showed Trump trailing the former vice president, 41 percent to 55 percent, or by 14 points, among registered voters in a November matchup.
        In a letter to CNN president Jeff Zucker, representatives of the Trump campaign questioned the methodology and timing of the poll, noting that it was largely conducted before better-than-expected unemployment numbers were released Friday.

“Media polls such as these are designed to manufacture an anti-Trump narrative and misinform and mislead actual voters,” the letter, dated Tuesday, said. “It’s a stunt and a phony poll to cause voter suppression, stifle momentum and enthusiasm for the President, and present a false view generally of the actual support across America for the President.”
        Glad to see all our problems are solved and our President can get back to the real issues. It isnt like we arent having daily protests and a thousand people dying of a pandemic or anything...

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• trump's approval ratings in the Gallop poll have dropped 10 points in under a month. That can't be easy to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
            I checked 538's aggregate. He's at his worst approval since November around -13.

Rasmussen had him at -11. 538's correction of that poll puts it at -18.

Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              [B]Trump campaign seeks apology, retraction of CNN poll showing Biden leading

Glad to see all our problems are solved and our President can get back to the real issues. It isnt like we arent having daily protests and a thousand people dying of a pandemic or anything...

He doesn't care about anything but himself. This isn't a crazy thing...this is right on brand.
              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• https://***********/donie/status/1271116368650387456

I've been telling anyone who will listen for the past 3.5 years now - DELETE FACEBOOK

Comment

• https://***********/JasonMillerinDC/...78813382369281

So Miller is upset that the picture shows a bunch of people gathering for a calm and impassioned discussion, and no one in the photo is slipping an abortion pill into their pregnant mistress's drink.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                  iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                  gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                  Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                  Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                  TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                  DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    https://***********/donie/status/1271116368650387456

I've been telling anyone who will listen for the past 3.5 years now - DELETE FACEBOOK
                    3.5 years is exactly how long ago I deleted Facebook. You're an influencer.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      https://***********/donie/status/1271116368650387456

Much like Calvin's friend Hobbes once said (and I paraphrase) "Sometimes I consider if a personal point of honor that I am not human," I consider it a point of honor that I have managed to NEVER put myself on facebook. Not once. No posts, no likes, no nothin'.

I used to use Twitter, but I deleted all of my tweets, and other than a tweet earlier this year to Notre Dame asking them to fix the audio on their streaming coverage of hockey, have not "tweeted" in years. All of it sucks. I also refuse to read the comments or add to the comments on any news site that allows comments, other than admitting to do it once or twice a year here on USCHO. Even that is too much though, other than I assume I am interacting with some of the same people I might be here.

Comment

• Lindsey Grahman supports Biden... Well not really but....

Comment

• Um...

Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Operation Incinerator? They arent even trying...
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I am 100% in agreement with Republicans boycotting mail-in voting in November...
                              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                              Originally posted by Quizmire
                              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                Operation Incinerator? They arent even trying...
                                They're gonna name their platform the Final Solution.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X