Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biden v Dump 1: If not now, when? If not us, who?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Biden v Dump 1: If not now, when? If not us, who?

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
    All of these republicans (or former republicans) who have said they won't support trump or vote for him in November are nice but they will have no influence on how many votes that 5h!tbag gets. To the best of my knowledge most of them didn't vote for trump in 2016 anyway. We need someone who would make a difference to come out against trump. What trump supporter jumping ship (if any) might move the needle? Has anybody spoken with Scott Baio?
    Stephen Miller could start a new party and savage Dump for not murdering blacks and browns faster. That might peel off a few percent. It would give Steve King a nomination.

Is there any Republican, any person, who if they criticized Dump would not be IMMEDIATELY demonized by the Dumpies? Robertson maybe? I can't think of anybody.
    Last edited by Kepler; 06-08-2020, 01:17 PM.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Trump is Tweeting that he is showing a stellar 96% approval among Republicans ("Thank you!") But how do you get 96% of 11 guys? Does he mean 91%?
      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
        All of these republicans (or former republicans) who have said they won't support trump or vote for him in November are nice but they will have no influence on how many votes that 5h!tbag gets. To the best of my knowledge most of them didn't vote for trump in 2016 anyway. We need someone who would make a difference to come out against trump. What trump supporter jumping ship (if any) might move the needle? Has anybody spoken with Scott Baio?
        I'm looking at his poll #'s to get a sense of this. Chump's approval and current general election polling tends to be around 42-43%. He got 46% in the last election. So either 3% of his 2016 #'s are peeling off or a percentage of people who don't like him are going to turn around and vote for him anyway (which he benefited greatly from last time). Given the results of 2018 when GOP turnout was pretty good and they still got smoked it seems its the result of educated voters continuing to move away from the Nazis. To some extent a Bush or Powell or all these generals might shake more educated voters out of their habit of voting GOP reflexively.
        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
          Trump is Tweeting that he is showing a stellar 96% approval among Republicans
          If Dump went out of his way to tweet this their internal polling could be showing some problems. I can't imagine Republicans ever falling below about 92% for him, but if he's gone from say 97 to 94, well... can't hurt.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            If Dump went out of his way to tweet this their internal polling could be showing some problems. I can't imagine Republicans ever falling below about 92% for him, but if he's gone from say 97 to 94, well... can't hurt.
            I actually read an investigation of this some time ago, since he regularly tweets something about 90-something approval "among Republicans" that nobody knew where it was coming from.
            The writer figured that he made up some initial approval loosely based on "percent of Trump worshipers who admire their God, according to Hannity's official Facebook poll" or something, then couldn't help himself from re-tweeting it every few weeks with a percent or two added to his original delusion. He finally got up to the upper 90s and has held there since.
            It usually comes out in direct response to unfavorable polling.
            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

IIRC typical in-party approval of a sitting president, outside an election year, is around 93 for Republicans and 73 for Democrats (because we're capable of critical thinking). At election time those numbers go up to about 97 for Republicans and 85 for Democrats.
              Cornell University

Comment

Some of you are under-estimating the potential message being sent as more and more prominent figures speak out against Trump and/or voting in favor of Biden. There was very little of this in 2016 so not sure why so many of you are saying it's no different. No it's not going to convince anyone from the Fifth Avenue Posse but so what?

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  Some of you are under-estimating the potential message being sent as more and more prominent figures speak out against Trump and/or voting in favor of Biden. There was very little of this in 2016 so not sure why so many of you are saying it's no different. No it's not going to convince anyone from the Fifth Avenue Posse but so what?
                  It depends on the figure and whether they say they are opposed to Trump or actively supporting Biden. I feel the Bushes and Powell both did not endorse Trump in 2016 but did not go out of their way to support Clinton; while opposing Trump was good and all, just doing the same thing time around is not that different than what they did in 2016, and it clearly did not have the impact one would have hoped. I guess Powell saying he will vote for Biden is an improvement, but I'd like to see that from the Bushes. And don't discount that after 2016 we're not going to get too excited about anything until the votes have been counting and Trump has definitively lost.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                  iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                  gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                  Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                  Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                  TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                  DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                    It depends on the figure and whether they say they are opposed to Trump or actively supporting Biden. I feel the Bushes and Powell both did not endorse Trump in 2016 but did not go out of their way to support Clinton; while opposing Trump was good and all, just doing the same thing time around is not that different than what they did in 2016, and it clearly did not have the impact one would have hoped. I guess Powell saying he will vote for Biden is an improvement, but I'd like to see that from the Bushes. And don't discount that after 2016 we're not going to get too excited about anything until the votes have been counting and Trump has definitively lost.
                    I think that is especially true because conservatives have been mobilized at the polls by convincing them to fear and vote against liberalism and the harm it could bring. So even if they don't like dump, they are still apt to vote against Biden. If some of those target voters (not dumpers) see someone like Bush or Powell make it a point to say they support Biden, it could matter.

Maybe only a little, but one corner puck battle at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                      I think that is especially true because conservatives have been mobilized at the polls by convincing them to fear and vote against liberalism and the harm it could bring. So even if they don't like dump, they are still apt to vote against Biden. If some of those target voters (not dumpers) see someone like Bush or Powell make it a point to say they support Biden, it could matter.

Maybe only a little, but one corner puck battle at a time.
                      That is why the Lincoln Project is the most brilliant thing those former GOPers could do. Sure they get shunned by all the Trumpers, but there are still some Goldwater and even Reagan Republicans out there voting anti Liberal because they have been conditioned to do so. They have flipped the messaging...they have taken the tactics they used against every Dem and just changed the name out. They are using the programming that these people have been conditioned to respond a certain way to and are using it to hurt Trump instead of helping him. And IIRC they are doing it on Faux as much as anywhere.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Warmongering liar Colin Powell saying he'll vote for Biden is not going to change any hearts or minds.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          Warmongering liar Colin Powell saying he'll vote for Biden is not going to change any hearts or minds.
                          You think he is a warmongering liar, but we don't care what you (or I) think. The votes we care about may take a different view.

Comment

Whaaat

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                              Whaaat

Ah, McLaughlin. Best known for predicting Eric Cantor would win his primary by 34%. Brat won by 14, so they were only off by 48
                              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Dubya's handlers now saying he never said he wouldnt support Trump in November. Sounds dumb enough to be true.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X