Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biden v Dump 1: If not now, when? If not us, who?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Dump cancels election night party at his hotel to stay in WH.

also 13% of Rs who have voted early have supposedly gone for Biden

https://mobile.twitter.com/conorjrog...62797459828737
    I would have hoped for higher than that. Disappointing. Republicans and conservatives never fail to disappoint.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
      Some fringe polling shows Trump being under-represented in battleground states. https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...cle-debate?amp
      Trafalgar trying to play the Rasmussen 2004 card. That year, Rasmussen was the closest poll to the actuals because its systemic 5-point bias happened to hit an unpolled effect that the others missed. Of course, Rasmussen has been way off every year Republicans didn't have a big overperformance, but that didn't stop them from having a 4-year honeymoon in which everybody loved them and every conservative quoted them as gospel.

This time Trafalgar is trying to do the same thing, being even more shameless than Rasmussen. At least the latter tries to fake it but Nate has suggested Trafalgar has no idea what they're doing and just manufactures numbers made to order for narratives, like official party polls.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
        This article is sure to fill you with good feelings.

that's sarcasm by the way....
        Yep, this is what it's coming to, especially if we dodge a second Trump term. The FBI will not catch all the nutters, and if I were one, I wouldn't bother with bombs when almost anyone can access high-capacity, semi-automatic firearms and fire away in a target-rich downtown area.

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
          Some fringe polling shows Trump being under-represented in battleground states. https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...cle-debate?amp
          I guess we will know sometime after election day if the "shy trump" voter is a thing or a myth. I just don't see logically how it isn't a myth. I have never yet met a trump voter that was shy about it. I have seen a few of my members in WI and MN be kind of quiet with their disgust of trump because they are outnumbered. And who is likely to be more shy about their support? The right has already shown it is willing to march to polling places with guns strapped to their side. Is that shy? Democrats have a reason to be fearful about expressing support for Biden when some armed idiot is walking up and down a sidewalk where you are trying to vote.

Comment

If we could appeal to even 10% of trump's voters with facts and logic trump would most likely lose 40-45 states. He could only win in states with an overwhelmingly white, older than average population and without a major, large (top 30 or so in population) urban area. How many states fit those demographics? But I think it's unlikely that even 5% of his voters can be reached, at least right now, let alone 10%. It's like alcoholism. You gotta want to quit drinking and feel like you are at or very near rock-bottom. trump voters do not want to hear ANYTHING that rumples their worldview.
            I'm happy to report I made one Sleepy Joe conversion, and one mushy flip-flopper who wants to cast a write-in, out of two former "what do we have to lose" Trump voters, by hammering on the facts (these were both "but the economy" voters who didn't realize how far gone our standing in the world has fallen under Dumpie). Hopefully 10 million others have also rescued their loved ones from the darkness. Sometimes you have to actually state out loud that Fox is not actually "fair and balanced", without mocking or shaming its victims. It really is another form of alcoholism.
            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

Yep, this is what it's coming to, especially if we dodge a second Trump term. The FBI will not catch all the nutters, and if I were one, I wouldn't bother with bombs when almost anyone can access high-capacity, semi-automatic firearms and fire away in a target-rich downtown area.
              From the initial link:

It’s hard to find direct historical analogues for what’s happening in the United States right now.
              No it's not.

Where they can grab power they demonstrate it:

Where there are lots of local bigots they have mass gatherings:

And where they can they sneak around committing acts of brutality:

This is always where "conservatism" leads. It has happened before, and it will happen again. And our conservatives with deflect, deny, distance, and deride.
              Last edited by Kepler; 10-30-2020, 10:08 AM.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post

I'm happy to report I made one Sleepy Joe conversion, and one mushy flip-flopper who wants to cast a write-in, out of two former "what do we have to lose" Trump voters, by hammering on the facts (these were both "but the economy" voters who didn't realize how far gone our standing in the world has fallen under Dumpie). Hopefully 10 million others have also rescued their loved ones from the darkness. Sometimes you have to actually state out loud that Fox is not actually "fair and balanced", without mocking or shaming its victims. It really is another form of alcoholism.
                I think you deserve a medal for this. I would compare turning a trump voter to either a Biden voter or an trump abstainer is a feat comparable to AIC winning the NCAA hockey title (hey this is a college hockey website).

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                  One week out, Iowa's passed 50% of the 2016 turnout. Registered Ds have a 130k lead over registered Rs.

2016 Registrations - 684k D / 711k R / 800k other
                  2016 Votes - 500k D / 576k R / 482k other

2020 Registrations - 737k D / 740k R / 735k other
                  2020 early votes - 400k D / 262k R / 154k other
                  Updated early vote tallies: 418k D / 289k R / 178k other.

Comment

I guess we will know sometime after election day if the "shy trump" voter is a thing or a myth. I just don't see logically how it isn't a myth. I have never yet met a trump voter that was shy about it. I have seen a few of my members in WI and MN be kind of quiet with their disgust of trump because they are outnumbered. And who is likely to be more shy about their support? The right has already shown it is willing to march to polling places with guns strapped to their side. Is that shy? Democrats have a reason to be fearful about expressing support for Biden when some armed idiot is walking up and down a sidewalk where you are trying to vote.
                    Go to their houses. (Trump voters) They arent shy about it. They are like that judge in Flo(R)ida even in Blue areas like mine.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• A now deleted tweet Spells out some ideas by the republicans to stop people from voting.

sickening. But yes the real issue is left groups wanting to count absentees that were postmarked by Election Day

https://mobile.twitter.com/BrendanNy...89192768724992

Comment

• Sure is coincidental all these Trump athlete/coach endorsements are tied to people with roots in swing states.
                        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• I have to admit, I figured the "its a lot closer than it appears" stuff would show up Sunday or possibly Monday. Interesting that The Hill posted this article like 12 hours after they posted their own poll showing Trump losing in FL, NC and Penn. (which I believe I linked here) In that I believe it showed in one of the States Biden lead Trump amongst the Black Voters 93-7. That is just insane. (but makes total sense)
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                            Sure is coincidental all these Trump athlete/coach endorsements are tied to people with roots in swing states.
                            I mean...does anyone honestly care what Brett Favre or Bobby Orr thinks? Waht the hell year is this? I mean good for them they are voting and they have every right to publicly endorse like all celebrities but I mean...meh. I highly doubt anyone truly decides who to vote for based on endorsements otherwise Hillary would have done better cause her endorsements were pretty awesome.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Of course he’s on tape bragging how blacks not voting helped him

https://mobile.twitter.com/AndrewFei...09264388235266

Comment

• How to kill Nazis.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X