Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biden v Dump 1: If not now, when? If not us, who?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    If James Woods ever received accolades in which the character he played his a complete a-hole they can walk back the praise since he's only playing himself.
    With only a few exceptions, it's pretty much his whole career.

Comment

• You'd think by now we'd all be immune to feeling shock at the pure corruption out of trump. I mean there has literally been a daily example of it since he took up residence in the White House. But for some reason it is still shocking to me to see a president behave openly as he does. What a sad, sick twisted bunch of idiots his followers are to not see it. How sad and pathetic must their lives be to believe there is really what amounts to a world-wide conspiracy to smear him for no good reason. The entire civilized world knows what a useless piece of 5h!t trump is and how dangerous he potentially could be, yet somewhere between 30-40% of all adult Americans don't seem to get it.

I am generally opposed to capitol punishment, but trump makes me re-think my opposition. He has been responsible for more American deaths than anyone since Jefferson Davis, Robert Lee and the Confederate leaders. And they were all traitors who should have been hung based on the mores of the times.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
        I am generally opposed to capitol punishment, but trump makes me re-think my opposition. He has been responsible for more American deaths than anyone since Jefferson Davis, Robert Lee and the Confederate leaders. And they were all traitors who should have been hung based on the mores of the times.
        Blame that liberal weenie, Abraham Lincoln.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

This is like watching a top ten team lose to a bottom dweller because of a sketchy call.

I’m not comfortable putting our nation’s future on the hope that gorsuch will do the right thing.
          Its not hope...like I said I doubt a case like that would even get far enough to be heard by them. (using the specific idea bronco mentioned)

They are gonna screw us six ways from Sunday on all sorts of other stuff especially corporatist crap...but a values test for voting is not something I am worried about. (and I am honestly worried about a lot) I could see some state like Georgia trying it with a law in the legislature but I dont see it going anywhere and my guess is Congress will have passed a voters rights law to override it anyways before Georgia even had a chance to implement it.

For stuff like this to work it needs to be shrouded in vagary and secrecy. Like how Flo(R)ida basically screwed over the ex-cons who were granted the right to vote again by popular vote. The problem is people are too hyper-involved right now. Every shady tactic has a bright light shined on it 20 seconds after it happens. It is why a lot of the BS the GOP is trying to pull is going nowhere. (or is being worked around) The ACLU acts almost immediately and has been pretty successful.

Again this is not some duckies and bunnies deal and it certainly isnt "This Looks Like a Job For Super-Gorsuch" or anything...it is more that I think the GOP has other fish to fry first and by the time something like this came around it wouldn't make it past first base. If the GOP wants this to work they need to wait until they have part of Congress back or people have become complacent.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I watch the numbers quite a bit and the Hunter Biden story, even at its peak, never really hurt Joe all that much. I get why you try it a few times, but at this point it is comical they keep pushing this. I get their people lap it up like a dog that hasnt been fed in 3 days but it has never really resonated with the "undecideds" even when there were some still. It is like using Roger Clinton to take down Bill it just doesnt land the same way. It is like their whole strategy is just to write a monologue for The Tonight Show and hope people laughing = votes.

But lets pretend the HB story matters...if the Senate GOP couldn't find anything what the heck is Barr gonna find? Better question how is he gonna do it in 2 weeks? Follow up how many people will have already voted by then?

I dunno this just reminds me of the coach who is down 17 in the 4th quarter and still runs draw plays hoping to establish the run. You need big plays, you need to shift momentum and this aint gonna get it done.

As for the debate...I havent watched one since 2016 but if Thursday happens I will watch because there is <.000000000000000000001% chance he doesnt lose his [bleep] during the show. All he is going to do is try and get Biden on tilt about Hunter...every question will somehow lead there. If Biden can continue to hold it together Trump might literally walk out on live TV or flip his debate stand. The guy couldnt even handle basic questions on a town hall. (which btw some of his pyscos blame on...and this is true...a small chair his fat *** couldnt fit on!) I am going to pour 5 fingers of bourbon and watch as Trump falls like the statue of Saddam Hussein on live TV :-)
            Last edited by Handyman; 10-20-2020, 11:21 AM.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• https://electproject.github.io/Early...20G/index.html

34M early votes, 24.5% of the 2016 total.

The top state so far is...Texas?! At over 50% of the 2016 total?!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                I watch the numbers quite a bit and the Hunter Biden story, even at its peak, never really hurt Joe all that much. I get why you try it a few times, but at this point it is comical they keep pushing this. I get their people lap it up like a dog that hasnt been fed in 3 days but it has never really resonated with the "undecideds" even when there were some still. It is like using Roger Clinton to take down Bill it just doesnt land the same way. It is like their whole strategy is just to write a monologue for The Tonight Show and hope people laughing = votes.

But lets pretend the HB story matters...if the Senate GOP couldn't find anything what the heck is Barr gonna find? Better question how is he gonna do it in 2 weeks? Follow up how many people will have already voted by then?

I dunno this just reminds me of the coach who is down 17 in the 4th quarter and still runs draw plays hoping to establish the run. You need big plays, you need to shift momentum and this aint gonna get it done.

As for the debate...I havent watched one since 2016 but if Thursday happens I will watch because there is <.000000000000000000001% chance he doesnt lose his [bleep] during the show. All he is going to do is try and get Biden on tilt about Hunter...every question will somehow lead there. If Biden can continue to hold it together Trump might literally walk out on live TV or flip his debate stand. The guy couldnt even handle basic questions on a town hall. (which btw some of his pyscos blame on...and this is true...a small chair his fat *** couldnt fit on!) I am going to pour 5 fingers of bourbon and watch as Trump falls like the statue of Saddam Hussein on live TV :-)
                Another forum I'm on has a thread for the Trump campaign titled "The Death Star Campaign" and I don't think I've heard anything more accurate to describe it.

In 2016, Trump campaigned on a two-prong platform of what he was going to do for us, and then also how evil and crooked Hillary was.

In 2020, Trump is campaigning on what the radical leftists will do if they win.

There is no "this is what I'll do for you" this time around. It's just the fear of the other. That has not done well, historically.
                I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                  https://electproject.github.io/Early...20G/index.html

I think the ballot box decision really ticked off a lot of people there...

On another topic Politico is being Politico...pushing a story that Biden is going to put Kasich in his cabinet somewhere. I wonder who leaked that to them? (we know it wasnt Biden and the quotes in it are definitely not from anyone close to the campaign) Politico always sucked but they arent even hiding their agenda this time around.
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Biden reportedly vetting Kasich, Flake, and Meg Whitman for possible cabinet positions.

Red Rose Twitter is not going to be happy, and for once I am inclined to agree.
                    Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 10-20-2020, 11:39 AM.

Comment

• Is he appointing them to oversee the Dept of spineless jellyfish? Cause flake would be great

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        Biden reportedly vetting Kasich, Flake, and Meg Whitman for possible cabinet positions.

Red Rose Twitter is not going to be happy, and for once I am inclined to agree.
                        F-ck that noise. The only good Nazi is a dead Nazi.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• I don't mind it so much. Biden promised to unite things (after 4 years of Trump-induced carnage) and bringing in those who abandoned Trump early is a big step towards that.

Remember, there are many, many, many people voting for Biden because he's not a screaming lunatic, not because they want left-wing policies enacted.
                          I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            Biden reportedly vetting Kasich, Flake, and Meg Whitman for possible cabinet positions.

Red Rose Twitter is not going to be happy, and for once I am inclined to agree. Of course, this could be a deliberate leak to try and drag a few more Republicans who've lost that Trumpy feeling over the fence.
                            Stupid. Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                              https://electproject.github.io/Early...20G/index.html

I quickly saw an article, but didn't read it, where even though most consider many of the early voters to be majority Democrats, the Republicans are pointing to an increase in registered R voters in three key swing states and who have not voted yet. I have seen that stat a few weeks ago as well. Thus, the Republicans are holding out hope on that.
                              Russell Jaslow
                              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Of course, this could be a deliberate leak to try and drag a few more Republicans who've lost that Trumpy feeling over the fence.

Comment

Working...
                                X