Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biden v Dump 1: If not now, when? If not us, who?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
    Dropped off my ballot today. For the offices where a candidate ran unopposed, and so name appeared on both the Dem and Rep side, I just left blank. Odds are, in my state, they're a Republican, and I ain't voting Republican again for a long time, if ever.

Nazis need to die, and die badly. Even the mealy-mouthed, middle of the road Repubs. You don't stand against the Nazis in your party, you can die with them.
    When there's a Dem running unopposed I vote for them. I don't need some write-in campaign for a Hand Maid winning an election for the Nazis, even if it's for Ombudsman.

When there's a Republican running unopposed I write in Dr. Mrs. It's fun to see her name when they publish the complete list of write-ins. Do this some time, it's hysterically funny -- people are great. It's not just Deez Nuts though he (she? they?) typically get a dozen or so votes in every unopposed race.
    Last edited by Kepler; 10-13-2020, 01:37 PM.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• In my state, if they're unopposed, their name appears on both sides of the ballot, as Dem and republican. Without doing a ton of possibly useless research as to their current party affiliation, I just chose not to vote. They're gonna get elected anyway.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Every state has its own laws on when people can vote and when the votes are counted.

I think there should be a national standard that all early votes must be processed and counted immediately upon receipt and announced immediately upon poll closure.

I would go with counting them at the start of Election Day and hopefully you’re done by the time polls close. That should give between 12-14 hours to get them tabulated.

We went over this a while ago but I would also have a law that your ballot has to be received by Election Day to be counted. I know for the most part nothing nefarious is going on when they are received after but it looks dodgy.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• I'm sure Jon Stewart is very happy with his post Daily Show life, but he has to think now and then how sweet it would have been to skewer dump daily on the show. The same opportunities that ad makers for LP, Biden, and other groups are enjoying now. Beyond target rich.

Comment

• https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...al-fitness-for

Nothing says "legitimate medical expert" than offering a medical opinion on someone you have only seen a few clips of. Ask Bill Frist.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• https://www.statesman.com/news/20201...330-pm-tuesday

11:15 a.m. update: As lines wrapped around voting locations in Travis County Tuesday morning, Travis County Tax Assessor-Collector Bruce Elfant reported that nearly all eligible voters in Travis County were registered to vote this year.

Of the county’s more than 850,000 eligible voters, a record 97% of them are registered to vote in the Nov. 3 general election, Elfant said.
              This is the county with Austin in it.

KDR

gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."

Comment

• 24000 ballots cast already there...wow.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                  In my state, if they're unopposed, their name appears on both sides of the ballot, as Dem and republican. Without doing a ton of possibly useless research as to their current party affiliation, I just chose not to vote. They're gonna get elected anyway.
                  I always read up on the ballot before I go. There are occasional "Dems" who are just conservatards who bought a nomination. And there are always elections like school board with no party affiliation where you need to screen for Thumpers, real estate swindlers, and other such imbeciles.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                    We went over this a while ago but I would also have a law that your ballot has to be received by Election Day to be counted. I know for the most part nothing nefarious is going on when they are received after but it looks dodgy.
                    No. Then whoever runs the PO controls the election. Can you imagine what the Republicans would do if this was the law? Mail routes from black counties would suddenly have technical difficulties.

We are dealing with bona fide Nazis. There is no reason to do anything other than crush them under heel. They are bad actors. Optics and fair play are meaningless when you are fighting a virus. Our one limit is the letter of the law.
                    Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I always read up on the ballot before I go. There are occasional "Dems" who are just conservatards who bought a nomination. And there are always elections like school board with no party affiliation where you need to screen for Thumpers, real estate swindlers, and other such imbeciles.

Well, mine were for Sheriff, who I'm pretty sure is a Republican, and Register of Deeds, who I don't really care, and one other I forget. So other than Sherriff, not really high profile positions.

And like I said, they're gonna win office anyway. Just not with my vote.
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• In and out in 10 minutes. Nice and easy.
                        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                        Originally posted by Quizmire
                        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                          In and out in 10 minutes. Nice and easy.
                          I usually prefer more than ten mins but to each their own.

oh, you mean voting. That is impressive

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                            In and out in 10 minutes. Nice and easy.
                            I have it on good authority that this is the preferred duration for the womenfolk. Provided you make that ten minutes count.

Quote from numerous women: "there is nothing worse than a sixty minute man."
                            Cornell University

Comment

• The songs lied to me?
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Classy: https://twitter.com/UrbanAchievr/sta...18694385385473

KDR

Comment

Working...
                                X