Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biden v Dump 1: If not now, when? If not us, who?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    I mean...shouldnt the seat HAVE to go to a liberal? I mean they HAD to replace Scalia with a conservative they said...

uno I will take it one step further...if they actually hold hearings and ram it through it will cost them the Senate. In fact it would be stupid...what better way to motivate people to vote than to put it all on the line again like they did in 2016. If they go stupid on this I would bet money they get crushed in November and 2021 will make FDR's government look downright Centrist.
    Would they care? It's not like the appointment could be rescinded. They'd have a court majority for decades. That may be worth losing the Senate for a bit
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

I mean...shouldnt the seat HAVE to go to a liberal? I mean they HAD to replace Scalia with a conservative they said...

uno I will take it one step further...if they actually hold hearings and ram it through it will cost them the Senate. In fact it would be stupid...what better way to motivate people to vote than to put it all on the line again like they did in 2016. If they go stupid on this I would bet money they get crushed in November and 2021 will make FDR's government look downright Centrist.
      The R's know what they have... They know they got their 40%. They are calling our bluff and are all in... Unfortunately we still need to pull an out on the river...

Can we get each of the 60% of the population to the polls? Cause that's what we need to do and I don't think it's a sure thing that it gets done...
      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post

Would they care? It's not like the appointment could be rescinded. They'd have a court majority for decades. That may be worth losing the Senate for a bit
        The Court doesn’t have to be nine seats.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Yes because Biden would pack the Court...and any chance of having a moderate government goes out the window. The amount of Progressive legislation that will get rammed through in the next 4 years would be ridiculous and even a Court that isnt packed wont be able to overturn all of it.

Put it this way...if they ram someone through and lose the Presidency and the Senate they are looking at DC Statehood, Puerto Rican Statehood and higher taxes on their overlords. They will guarantee they lose the Senate for at least the next decade meaning they have zero power. They might get Roe repealed...but that will be undone as well.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            The Court doesn’t have to be nine seats.
            True. But changing it would likely require a super Majority wouldn't it?
            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
            Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

True. But changing it would likely require a super Majority wouldn't it?
              Nope, Act of Congress only. Would just require killing the filibuster.
              I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

The R's know what they have... They know they got their 40%. They are calling our bluff and are all in... Unfortunately we still need to pull an out on the river...

Can we get each of the 60% of the population to the polls? Cause that's what we need to do and I don't think it's a sure thing that it gets done...
                That is why every TV appearance and ad from the Dems needs to hammer the point home.

I dont think we are bluffing...early voting and the absentee numbers are proving that. They are the ones bluffing because they dont have the numbers and know they need us to drop to have any shot to win.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Yes because Biden would pack the Court...and any chance of having a moderate government goes out the window. The amount of Progressive legislation that will get rammed through in the next 4 years would be ridiculous and even a Court that isnt packed wont be able to overturn all of it.

Put it this way...if they ram someone through and lose the Presidency and the Senate they are looking at DC Statehood, Puerto Rican Statehood and higher taxes on their overlords. They will guarantee they lose the Senate for at least the next decade meaning they have zero power. They might get Roe repealed...but that will be undone as well.
                  You have more faith than I do.
                  I'm certain he'll try it.
                  -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Nope, Act of Congress only. Would just require killing the filibuster.
                    Which they will probably as soon as humanly possible. Even Schumer wouldnt dither on it. (though I pray he wont be leader)
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

They’ll try it but either a) their paymasters realize the consequences and they back down or b) they go through with it and face an angry, motivated Democratic base ready for blood.
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

No I am counting on him doing it. My scenario happens BECAUSE he will. Their arrogance level wont let them not do it. Their best strategy would be to wait. Outraging the Dem voters is going to destroy the idea of the Dems staying home. Even Politico wouldnt be able to do the DEMS IN DISARRAY!!1! stuff and that is literally all they have.

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I think they hold off, and then ram someone through if Trump loses.
                          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                          Originally posted by Quizmire
                          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

They’ll try it but either a) their paymasters realize the consequences and they back down or b) they go through with it and face an angry, motivated Democratic base ready for blood.
                            Exactly.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

No I am counting on him doing it. My scenario happens BECAUSE he will. Their arrogance level wont let them not do it. Their best strategy would be to wait. Outraging the Dem voters is going to destroy the idea of the Dems staying home. Even Politico wouldnt be able to do the DEMS IN DISARRAY!!1! stuff and that is literally all they have.
                              Ah. I still think it'd be bad for the left for a while... we'll see if the left would play hardball and do what you say.
                              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                              Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                                I think they hold off, and then ram someone through if Trump loses.
                                That is a "better" strategy though it will have a similar outcome. The clap back will be very difficult on the GOPers that are still in the Senate past January.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X