Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biden v Dump 1: If not now, when? If not us, who?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Because you don't wait in line at the supermarket for hours, as many people have to do at the polling station?

There are necessary risks - going to the market, going to jobs that require in-person performance - and there are unnecessary risks - eating inside a restaurant, going to a gym, voting in person.

If we would just eliminate or even try to reduce the unnecessary risks, we'd be in much better shape. But we can't even do that.
    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
      Because you don't wait in line at the supermarket for hours, as many people have to do at the polling station?
      Ironically, last week our state had its primary voting, and our town had its biggest turnouts for a primary in its history - busier than many past general election turnouts. We were in and out of voting in ten (10) minutes. Waiting to get the ballot took all of two (2) minutes, with all appropriate distancing and masking precautions in place.

Right afterwards, we went to the supermarket for our weekly shopping. 45 minutes total between entering and exiting, with a ten (10) minute wait in the checkout line - again, with all appropriate distancing and masking precautions in place.

So yeah, in-person voting is WAY quicker, with more efficient lines than in-person grocery shopping.

Just sayin' ...
      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
        So yeah, in-person voting is WAY quicker, with more efficient lines than in-person grocery shopping.
        *Offer not valid if you live in a majority minority district, especially south of the Mason Dixon line.

Comment

• Anecdotes are evidence now!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

You don't always have to be a nozzle. =^p
            Yeah I do. Because some people only see the negative news and a lot of people are falling down the ScoobyDoo rabbit hole of ignoring the facts unless they have a negative spin. (or disputing them) We need to break free of that mentality and look at what is going on.

We are all worried, but that doesn't mean things are as bad as we let our brains convince us they are. (not to mention the media) We like to point out that the Right twists themselves into pretzels to defend behavior of their God King...but some people on our side do the same thing to prove we are in a very bad position. If we talk like winners and are vocal in our support we are "getting too haughty" which will be our downfall and if we arent out making a fuss and showing support we have "lack of drive or excitement and are getting complacent" which will be our downfall. Whichever version makes us feel worse is the version we look for in in the media. We let them tell us whatever we need to hear to get as pessimistic as we already kind of feel.

We literally saw this in the local Primaries. Outside of AOC "The Squad" was all in trouble. Even though polling showed they were fine (even Ilhan who seemed most vulnerable polling had it close but her winning) and their challengers really didn't have anything to run on there was a large group of Dem voters who bought it hook, line and sinker. (obviously not just here) This happens literally every election...Politico or CNN or the New York Times posts an article talking about how "[Insert Democrat Here] is in for the fight of their life and has a good shot at losing!" or how "We are not seeing a lot of [Insert Democrat Here] signs in these neighborhoods" and even within their own articles they contradict themselves once they actually start talking about the numbers and facts. Then they move on to the next topic when they are proven wrong. (I call that the "CNN" because they do it what seems like daily)

To listen to the average Dem...the polls are always wrong. The good signs are false or are actually bad signs.

(this is where someone says "yeah but Clinton had good polls too!" which is then responded to by someone saying "Yeah but the polls were right!" and then someone posts a Politico article telling us the Dems are in trouble...and the cycle continues)

tl;dr: Until the Dems or any non Trump voter stops acting like everything is a sign of the apocalypse it is important that fade, Kepler, myself and others point out and mock the ScoobyDoo mentality. Don't like it...must because we are DISARRAY!!!!!!! ;-P

(ironically Scooby has been pretty good this cycle...so no offense buddy!)
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Well this is new for me:

I got a letter from "Mom" in St. Louis, MO addressed to "Our Neighbor" (that would be quite the neighborhood since I live in Minnesota) which was of course post marked "Minneapolis" and all that was inside was photographs of QAnon BS (especially Trump Preventing Sex Trafficking stuff) from their computer. Yes you read that right...they took a physical camera and took pictures of their computer and sent them to me. Not screenshots, not digital images printed at home, but actual 35mm film. Needless to say I washed my hands right after opening it.

What the **bleep** man!
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                Well this is new for me:

I got a letter from "Mom" in St. Louis, MO addressed to "Our Neighbor" (that would be quite the neighborhood since I live in Minnesota) which was of course post marked "Minneapolis" and all that was inside was photographs of QAnon BS (especially Trump Preventing Sex Trafficking stuff) from their computer. Yes you read that right...they took a physical camera and took pictures of their computer and sent them to me. Not screenshots, not digital images printed at home, but actual 35mm film. Needless to say I washed my hands right after opening it.

What the **bleep** man!
                Like Polaroids, or developed photos?

KDR

gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post

Like Polaroids, or developed photos?
                  Developed. I actually would have respected Polaroids more I think :-O
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Developed. I actually would have respected Polaroids more I think :-O
                    I mean, you gotta give them credit, it took time and money to get them developed. To be fair to Chuck's mom, though, all her truck-stop BJ money goes to rent and she can't afford a printer.

KDR

Comment

• Rachel Bitecofer has Biden at 99.5% certain to win the Electoral College.
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• First to Jeb, yes, most people aren’t responding to you and Chuck. Why should we when anytime we do respond and present/ask a specific question or make a specific point, neither you, Chuck, or Whalers ever respond to it. I’ll even present an example in real time and we can watch it play out.

Chuck responded to Swan’s post about how to respond to a friend on Facebook that questioned how going to the grocery store is any different than voting by agreeing with Swan’s friend in saying “it’s a good question”. Well, anyone with a brain or, who pays attention to anything but Fox News or Rush Limbaugh for their news, understands that there are numerous places in this country, most of them in red states but, a few blue as well, where due to the closing of numerous polling places — almost always in the bigger cities and in the poorest neighborhoods, e.g. where the majority of people are minorities — create extremely long long lines and therefore long waits in order to vote. Sometimes as long as 3 plus hours. My question to Chuck is, how often are you in a grocery store for even an hour, let alone three?

Yes, the majority of an individual voting line is likely outside. However, if the line is that long, you’re likely going to be inside the actual polling place for at least 20 minutes. And, there we’re actually a number of people in Wisconsin whose became infected and whose cases were traced back to when they voted.

To close, I hope we can at least agree on the fact that one absolutely has to eat to survive. Meaning, at some point, we all have to use a grocery store. No one has to vote to literally physically survive — although, let’s face it, Trump’s complete negligence regarding Covid has absolutely lead to completely preventable deaths. My larger point being, I’m betting that Chuck likely won’t respond to this since he quit responding directly to any of my posts back in May when he realized he was definitely out of his weight class but, even if he does, he won’t actually respond to the counterpoint I made.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post

I mean, you gotta give them credit, it took time and money to get them developed. To be fair to Chuck's mom, though, all her truck-stop BJ money goes to rent and she can't afford a printer.
                          Yeah but she probably gave that 16 year old at Walgreens COVID :-( (or Herpes)
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Ironically, last week our state had its primary voting, and our town had its biggest turnouts for a primary in its history - busier than many past general election turnouts. We were in and out of voting in ten (10) minutes. Waiting to get the ballot took all of two (2) minutes, with all appropriate distancing and masking precautions in place.

Right afterwards, we went to the supermarket for our weekly shopping. 45 minutes total between entering and exiting, with a ten (10) minute wait in the checkout line - again, with all appropriate distancing and masking precautions in place.

Just sayin' ...
                            Ironically, last week our state had its primary voting, and our town had its biggest turnouts for a primary in its history
                            Massachusetts set a record for primary turnout prob due to the Kennedy/Markey primary.
                            A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Yeah I do. Because some people only see the negative news and a lot of people are falling down the ScoobyDoo rabbit hole of ignoring the facts unless they have a negative spin. (or disputing them) We need to break free of that mentality and look at what is going on.

We are all worried, but that doesn't mean things are as bad as we let our brains convince us they are. (not to mention the media) We like to point out that the Right twists themselves into pretzels to defend behavior of their God King...but some people on our side do the same thing to prove we are in a very bad position. If we talk like winners and are vocal in our support we are "getting too haughty" which will be our downfall and if we arent out making a fuss and showing support we have "lack of drive or excitement and are getting complacent" which will be our downfall. Whichever version makes us feel worse is the version we look for in in the media. We let them tell us whatever we need to hear to get as pessimistic as we already kind of feel.

We literally saw this in the local Primaries. Outside of AOC "The Squad" was all in trouble. Even though polling showed they were fine (even Ilhan who seemed most vulnerable polling had it close but her winning) and their challengers really didn't have anything to run on there was a large group of Dem voters who bought it hook, line and sinker. (obviously not just here) This happens literally every election...Politico or CNN or the New York Times posts an article talking about how "[Insert Democrat Here] is in for the fight of their life and has a good shot at losing!" or how "We are not seeing a lot of [Insert Democrat Here] signs in these neighborhoods" and even within their own articles they contradict themselves once they actually start talking about the numbers and facts. Then they move on to the next topic when they are proven wrong. (I call that the "CNN" because they do it what seems like daily)

To listen to the average Dem...the polls are always wrong. The good signs are false or are actually bad signs.

(this is where someone says "yeah but Clinton had good polls too!" which is then responded to by someone saying "Yeah but the polls were right!" and then someone posts a Politico article telling us the Dems are in trouble...and the cycle continues)

tl;dr: Until the Dems or any non Trump voter stops acting like everything is a sign of the apocalypse it is important that fade, Kepler, myself and others point out and mock the ScoobyDoo mentality. Don't like it...must because we are DISARRAY!!!!!!! ;-P

(ironically Scooby has been pretty good this cycle...so no offense buddy!)
                              So, what you’re saying is....all Democrats are Vikings Fans...

Comment

Ironically, last week our state had its primary voting, ... We were in and out of voting in ten (10) minutes.
                                Right afterwards, we went to the supermarket for our weekly shopping. 45 minutes total ...
                                Just sayin' ...
                                Congratulations on living in a region where your voting precinct is adequately sized for the population it serves.

I now ask if you would have the same feelings when you are in a region where your fellow conservatives have gerrymandered the voting precinct and closed polling locations or been derilect in maintaining voting equipment. Like in Georgia.

(Also, this is known as white privilege, but that topic is for a different thread.)
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X