Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19: We Can Handle Slight Inconveniences. Part 8.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19: We Can Handle Slight Inconveniences. Part 8.

He'll get more and more ridiculous as the year wears on and his numbers continue to flounder. He's barely even begun pushing conspiracies about the Deep State trying to fix or steal the election.

My uncle went out this winter and got his small wee-wee permit, so he's already gearing up for some 2nd Amendment remedying.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
      And yet, the Mets would be no worse.
      No, the line is "After people, the Mets might even be able to win their division."

If you want to slam the Mets, you go to a Mets fan.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

When I posted my fatality links, I assumed I was posting this on a COLLEGE Hockey website centered around a game played by the population in the 18-23 age range. This is THEIR game, we are just hockey fans, alums or jock sniffers looking in from the outside. When I posted the links, the TOTAL fatality numbers from 3 hard hit areas were;

TOTAL FATALITIES: 39,602
        Ages 0-19 = 7
        0-49 = 392
        50+ = 39,203

What I see is that the vast majority of respondents in this thread say that a bunch of young, healthy, statistically 0 risk student/athletes shouldn’t be allowed to attend school and play THEIR game in front of zero fans because why? Their grandparents and older jock sniffers cant come see them play? Or if the grandparents and OJS's didn’t go to the game, then the players would race home to tell them about the game and thus kill 100% of the people they come in contact with?

Time to wake up. YOU cant lock up and mortgage the present and future hoping that you can squeeze every last ounce out of the past. The sun is shining, time to go out in the world, get to my work and be concerned with the future.

Flame away.

Comment

US is about 4% of the World's population and has about 25% of the total Covid deaths. GOOD ****ING JOB AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
            How many more weeks until this whole "you are lucky to have a job, and it's an honor to work for me" BS is going to stop?
            It won't. For the next however many years, the "jawbs kreatuhs" will be holding it over anyone trying to get better wages or working conditions, just as they have for the last 40.

"Just be thankful you even have a job"
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Whalers View Post
              When I posted my fatality links, I assumed I was posting this on a COLLEGE Hockey website centered around a game played by the population in the 18-23 age range. This is THEIR game, we are just hockey fans, alums or jock sniffers looking in from the outside. When I posted the links, the TOTAL fatality numbers from 3 hard hit areas were;

TOTAL FATALITIES: 39,602
              Ages 0-19 = 7
              0-49 = 392
              50+ = 39,203

What I see is that the vast majority of respondents in this thread say that a bunch of young, healthy, statistically 0 risk student/athletes shouldn’t be allowed to attend school and play THEIR game in front of zero fans because why? Their grandparents and older jock sniffers cant come see them play? Or if the grandparents and OJS's didn’t go to the game, then the players would race home to tell them about the game and thus kill 100% of the people they come in contact with?

Time to wake up. YOU cant lock up and mortgage the present and future hoping that you can squeeze every last ounce out of the past. The sun is shining, time to go out in the world, get to my work and be concerned with the future.

Flame away.
              Hey troll boy, if you wanted to talk about young people playing sports, maybe you should have mentioned that in your original post.

But you didn't do that. You just wanted to quote some selective stats to attempt to paint this pandemic as not as bad as it is said to be.

And don't flame away. Just **** off.
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                It was called Life After People.

I remember they said "95% of pets will perish in the first month." Most cities would burn on the first day as even the slightest gas fire or other explosion would have virtually limitless fuel and nothing to stop it

They also said that cats living on the higher floors of skyscrapers might evolve webbing like flying squirrels. Dr. Mrs. and I love this idea.

IIRC nearly all evidence of human existence would be obliterated within the first 5 thousand years. Almost nothing would be left except for a few structures and plastic. The Pyramids ironically might last the longest. The last vestige that we were ever here would be the two Voyagers which will theoretically exist until the SMBHs at the centers of the Milky Way and Andromeda converge in 4B years and kind of destroy everything.

As for nature recapturing an urban landscape, we don't have to wait.
                Those were some of the most depressing shows I have ever watched. I was affected for weeks after watching them, how little we matter.

I think the Hoover dam and Mount Rushmore go 10k-20k years.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

My favorite thing about that line of thinking (not necessarily the show) is that the footprints on the moon will outlast most everything else we've ever done.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                    Easy to say until nobody can buy food. I think it is safe to assume that the plan will not include sick and dead people working in food processing. Letting the food supply chain fall apart is not an option.
                    I don't think the executive order has anything to do with the food supply, although I'll admit I haven't read the text of the order. But here is why I have that opinion.

First, it deals only with meat facilities, apparently. That's only a part, and maybe a small part of the food supply in this country. Other areas of the food supply are also having problems. Dairy operators are dumping milk because they can't transport it or get it processed. There are farmers in Idaho giving away piles of potatoes that look like the pyramids, because they can't get them shipped and processed. Yet it's the Tysons and Smithfields of the world that the Order saves, and only them.

Meat processing plants are heavily unionized. The unions are doing a ton behind the scenes on behalf of employees. For instance, in Minnesota they have been quietly lobbying Walz to have the employees classified as "first responders." They say that'll make it easier for them to get masks. But the real reason is that a "first responder" classification means that if they develop Covid, it's presumed to be work related for workers comp purposes. Walz has thus far declined.

So yesterday (or maybe the day before) a big ad appears in the Times or Wall Street Journal and gets lots of airplay. The head of Tyson says the food supply chain is going down.

The purpose for that is to generate fear, in preparation for what comes next, which is the Executive Order. Thus far the only people I've heard object to the executive order are the unions, because they know what's going on.

My guess is the executive order is going to give the plants some sort of pass on possible OSHA claims that might arise from workers working in an environment where there are contagious diseases possibly present, and maybe even some work comp benefits in the order.

I notice that in conjunction with Trump's order, the Iowa governor also apparently implemented an order that people refusing to work due to Covid-19 fears are considered a "voluntary quit" and ineligible for unemployment. That'll also make it easier for Tyson's plants to open back up in Iowa.
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by HowardMBurgers View Post
                      My favorite thing about that line of thinking (not necessarily the show) is that the footprints on the moon will outlast most everything else we've ever done.
                      Until the moon whalers colonize it.
                      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Anyone considered essential should be eligible for workman’s comp if they catch it on the job. Or even if it could be reasonably surmised that’s where they caught it.

The general duty clause should absolutely apply here.
                        Code:
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                          Until the moon whalers colonize it.
                          They carry a harpoon
                          Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            Dead people sure. But if you don’t think sick people will be forced to work under duress, you’re insane.

Otherwise, you’re right. Securing the food supply is a national priority.
                            Smithfield et al shutdown their plants due to COVID-19 running through their plant. While they’ll comply with the order, they’ll just as quickly tell the sick people to stay home. Regardless of whether this virus can be transmitted through food, management will act with the idea that they’re avoiding lawsuits and creating public goodwill. The plant managers and owners have made their desires known, they’d rather be closed right now. Continued operation is risky for them, and likely sacrifice short-term profit for long-term viability.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              They carry a harpoon
                              But there ain't no whales.
                              Wisconsin Hockey: What're YOU looking at?

The number of times a poster posts per day is directly correlated with how dissatisfied he is with his relationship.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X