College Football 2021: Cash is King

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post

Wow, the refs must really be against them in both of these Utah games. (Because Oregon never loses, they only get screwed by the refs!)
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• OK state losing is about the only outcome Cincinnati needed to see, beyond winning their own game this weekend (I know it's ongoing).

I don't see any other big impact games to their CFP hopes.
      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
        Look like the Cowboys are gonna be riding of in to the sunset without the pretty girl.
        Been wrong before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf4w0Ml8xQ4
        A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
          OK state losing is about the only outcome Cincinnati needed to see, beyond winning their own game this weekend (I know it's ongoing).

Good thing sprinting is a big thing at Baylor. Had it not been for barely winning a dead sprint, Baylor would have lost.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

Good thing sprinting is a big thing at Baylor. Had it not been for barely winning a dead sprint, Baylor would have lost.
            The anti-Indiana play from last season. Great stop.
            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
              OK state losing is about the only outcome Cincinnati needed to see, beyond winning their own game this weekend (I know it's ongoing).

OK state losing is about the only outcome Cincinnati needed to see
              ND was watching that game too. Bama loses and I believe Brian Kelly is gonna get it stuck up his a*s when ND goes to the playoffs.

Comment

• What a fun ending.
                the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                  OMG! I come is to type my mea culpa, grab a beer and head back into the living room and find out OK St got stuffed 4 times.

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                    What a fun ending.
                    It's interesting to consider what could have been called with Baylor players trying to get a time out they didn't have. But the refs blew the whistle for the 25 second clock. I almost thought they didn't have a plan for the play.

Comment

• No matter what happens later today, I sure hope Cincinnati wins- the only team that can possibly claim to be in was beaten by them. So win and in.

And I'm betting ESPN is praying for Georgia, Michigan and Cincy to win, so they can spend a LOT of time talking about the 4th team in- as it will be a 2 loss team or Notre Dame left. And Notre Dame's best win isn't in the top 20 anymore.

(and I hope Michigan payed attention to the favored team losing)
                      Last edited by MichVandal; 12-04-2021, 02:58 PM.

Comment

No matter what happens later today, I sure hope Cincinnati wins- the only team that can possibly claim to be in was beaten by them. So win and in.

And I'm betting ESPN is praying for Georgia, Michigan and Cincy to win, so they can spend a LOT of time talking about the 4th team in- as it will be a 2 loss team or Notre Dame left. And Notre Dame's best win isn't in the top 20 anymore.

(and I hope Michigan payed attention to the favored team losing)
                        It would be an interesting conversation if UGA, UM, and Cincinnati all win. Your likely contestants for the final Playoff spot would be:

Notre Dame - Went 11-1, with only loss to Playoff team. However, no conference title and no wins over a Top 25 team.
                        Baylor- Power 5 Conference Champion. 3 wins over Top 15 teams. However, two losses, including a loss to a losing team (TCU).
                        Alabama - SEC West Champion with only losses to Top 25 teams (including to top team in country). However, two losses, and no conference title.

I can't imagine that Ohio State (2 losses, not even in conference title game), Ole Miss (see Ohio State), or Oklahoma State (just lost to Baylor) would get much consideration.

Now, what would be real chaos is if Michigan falls on its face.
                        North Dakota
                        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post

It would be an interesting conversation if UGA, UM, and Cincinnati all win. Your likely contestants for the final Playoff spot would be:

Notre Dame - Went 11-1, with only loss to Playoff team. However, no conference title and no wins over a Top 25 team.
                          Baylor- Power 5 Conference Champion. 3 wins over Top 15 teams. However, two losses, including a loss to a losing team (TCU).
                          Alabama - SEC West Champion with only losses to Top 25 teams (including to top team in country). However, two losses, and no conference title.

I can't imagine that Ohio State (2 losses, not even in conference title game), Ole Miss (see Ohio State), or Oklahoma State (just lost to Baylor) would get much consideration.

Now, what would be real chaos is if Michigan falls on its face.
                          The chaos if either or both Michigan and Cincy lose. Especially if Georgia destroys bama.

Comment

The chaos if either or both Michigan and Cincy lose. Especially if Georgia destroys bama.
                            Just give the title to Georgia at that point?

I think if Cincy loses, they are done. They shouldn't fall behind Notre Dame, but they would.

I would guess in your scenario, we'd have:
                            1. Georgia
                            2. Notre Dame
                            3. Alabama
                            4. Baylor
                            North Dakota
                            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• OSU losing makes it more likely Bama gets in even with a loss.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                                The thing about that sign is every UO fan would agree. Not only do we always lose at the wrong moment, but Nike makes us wear those horrific unis too.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X