Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aparch
    replied
    This feels like the first honest commercial from the oil companies. https://youtu.be/S2XTGteritE

What a great sendup.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Kinda. Most of the problems blockchain purports to solve are solvable already with minimal energy input. Blockchain is a scam.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Blockchain technology has got to be one of the stupidest things humanity has done to itself. A complete worthless waste of energy and time.
    Blockchain has some valid use cases, but it's most public-facing ones (digital currency, NFTs) are amazing examples of modern day grifting schemes.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Blockchain technology has got to be one of the stupidest things humanity has done to itself. A complete worthless waste of energy and time.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Kill the rich.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Is the IMF becoming too woke?

https://twitter.com/faisalislam/stat...hwICm4Yke5Bcbg

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    I think it’s truly a both sides issue. Everyone wants less traffic and congestion then *****es about how expensive housing is.
    Only to a point. Conservatives and liberals both NIMBY their neighborhoods to keep the Poors out. (I don't blame them, have you met the Poors?)

But liberals also vote for assistance to Poor communities, while conservatives vote to keep them in poverty and misery forever.

So, still fuck the Right.

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    Everything I've heard about her from people that work/have worked with her is that she's an absolutely terrific leader and the right person for the job, now that Baker is bowing out (or, more accurately, has been defenestrated by the state GQP).

Leave a comment:

• Drew S.
    replied
    Originally posted by Swansong View Post

In typical form, Boston.com's article is vapid and devoid of detail.

I'm going to vote for Healey because I think she'll be halfway decent and because her opponent is an evil MAGA fuckhead. But she needs a bit more meat than what's reported here.

Giving more authority to local governments (read: town committees and city councils) sounds great but does she think Wellesley would ever rezone areas to be more dense? I know people hate a more top-down approach, but the only way to battle locally-enforced NIMBYism on housing density is for non-local, higher authority to force their hand.

A Belmont town manager who re-zones areas to allow for higher density housing to be built is simply not going to last long in the job, and they'll be replaced by someone who absolutely won't allow it.
    I think it’s truly a both sides issue. Everyone wants less traffic and congestion then *****es about how expensive housing is.

Agree with you on Healey overall but it’s disappointing she couldn’t do better on housing. I know someone who has worked with her and they say she’s legit.

Leave a comment:

• psych
    replied
    Originally posted by Swansong View Post

I'm going to vote for Healey because I think she'll be halfway decent and because her opponent is an evil MAGA fuckhead. But she needs a bit more meat than what's reported here.

Giving more authority to local governments (read: town committees and city councils) sounds great but does she think Wellesley would ever rezone areas to be more dense? I know people hate a more top-down approach, but the only way to battle locally-enforced NIMBYism on housing density is for non-local, higher authority to force their hand.

A Belmont town manager who re-zones areas to allow for higher density housing to be built is simply not going to last long in the job, and they'll be replaced by someone who absolutely won't allow it.
    Solving the housing crisis will solve a lot of other problems. Coincidentally, this would be the one argument that dunces like Drew and Whalers could actually attack liberals for, as NIMBY liberals are just as guilty and culpable for soaring housing prices as the GOP. And no, of course they have no leg to stand on, nor does the GOP. I’m just saying…

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied
    Maura Healey has a bold plan to fix housing in MA https://www.boston.com/news/politics...iscoll-housing
    She could remove the cap on using rent as a deduction on MA state taxes. That would help defer the costs involved.

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied
    UK proposing a healthy tax cut (including a return of vat refunds for foreign tourist)

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    Maura Healey has a bold plan to fix housing in MA https://www.boston.com/news/politics...iscoll-housing

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied
    Gus paid very fair wages.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Capitalism:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X