Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handyman
    replied
    Yeah I read it was a lot of that and a lot of restaurant workers going back to work...

Also lots of warnings that the financial market isnt buying into the numbers and that any sign of a reversal on the "new jobs" could trigger another fall.

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied
    Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    ... many of which were actually people just going back to their old job not new jobs created. (no idea if that is true)
    That's how it works. They do it all the time for construction work: a new highway or building may be "hundreds of created jobs," when in reality it's just continued employment for those tradesmen.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Yeah the Trumpers tried to pump up the jobs report when it first was leaked...but the unemployment numbers killed it. If you have 1.8 million "new" jobs but 1.2 million new people on unemployment then you really didnt create new jobs at all. In fact I think I read the 1.8 million was just based on payroll numbers released many of which were actually people just going back to their old job not new jobs created. (no idea if that is true)

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    https://www.cnn.com/business/us-econ...ry-coronavirus

This must have been what I saw. Or some analysis of the underlying data.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Another 1.2 million first time unemployment filers.

20th straight week of 1 million +
    Odd. I saw a headline that something like 1.x million jobs were added. And a blurb that said something to the effect of “showing only about 30-40% of jobs lost in q2 have been hired back”

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied
    Aww but then who will roll over and present like little *****es when the federal government invades an American city?

Leave a comment:

• First Time, Long Time
    replied
    We can hope but unfortunately I can see players being arrested/convicted but the NRA wriggling free.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco
    replied
    NRA going poof? https://www.npr.org/2020/08/06/89971...-investigation
    The most shocking thing I read here was that the NRA was registered in New York.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

At this point, I have to figure that new filers are people that lost their job for good and not just people who had their job "paused" like back in March/April. Does anyone track stats like that? Am I being dumb for seeing that as two different scenarios within the numbers we have seen the past 6 months?
    It's possible they are people who got their jobs back when places reopened but then they closed again and now they are filing again.

it would be good to now how many of these filings are unique individuals.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    I believe there is a chart of that unemployment that factors that in...dont ask me which one though.

Leave a comment:

• RaceBoarder
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

At this point, I have to figure that new filers are people that lost their job for good and not just people who had their job "paused" like back in March/April. Does anyone track stats like that? Am I being dumb for seeing that as two different scenarios within the numbers we have seen the past 6 months?

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Yeah there was rumors going around last night. Good thing they have a handle on this and COVID is contained or we might be in trouble...

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rufus
    replied
    Your next WH chief of staff.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Thank god this guy got his PPP loan.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...trip-clubs-doj

Leave a comment:

Working...