Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

Did you forget too big to fail?
    No social media provider is TBTF. Energy companies, financial services companies, probably health care providers. But I don't think even industrial manufacturing like auto companies are anymore.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Musk isn't going to be bankrupted by this. The first rule of being rich is that you don't risk your own money. You risk the money of others.
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• That is certainly true. It's the entire basis of Republican governance.
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• He wanted to bow out of the deal because it was his own money. Otherwise he would have had no reason to back out. He screwed up and I am going to celebrate.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
            Musk isn't going to be bankrupted by this. The first rule of being rich is that you don't risk your own money. You risk the money of others.
            Well of course not...even Scooby doesn't really believe he will. This is a boondoggle though, and a stupid expensive mess of his own creation. His reputation as a genius is on shaky ground.

His Apartheid Mine Money guarantee even if every business fails he will never worry about money.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

Did you forget too big to fail?
              EL-OH-EL

Twitter, the company that was started in 2006, has only had two profitable periods, once in 2018, and another in 2019.

They're not "too big to fail," but they are an alternative to prospective buyers just putting their piles of cash in a burn barrel and lighting it on fire.

The burn barrel at least gives off heat, unlike Twitter.
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Well of course not...even Scooby doesn't really believe he will. This is a boondoggle though, and a stupid expensive mess of his own creation. His reputation as a genius is on shaky ground.

His Apartheid Mine Money guarantee even if every business fails he will never worry about money.
                The only people who will think less of him over this are the ones who think little of him already. Even ignoring his fanboys, most of the people who barely pay attention have been saying "Elon is right about Twitter" from the start.
                I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

The only people who will think less of him over this are the ones who think little of him already. Even ignoring his fanboys, most of the people who barely pay attention have been saying "Elon is right about Twitter" from the start.
                  Not anyone under the age of 50 and certainly not anyone with an IQ over 70. Pretty much everyone I know, read or talk to thinks he screwed the pooch mightily. Being "right" about how Twitter is filled with bots is about the only thing he can hang his hat on the rest he basically has his tail between his legs. His entire strategy for this buyout was beyond stupid Twitter friggin won. They are getting the money they were promised and may are getting out before the internet rules change. Musk spent hundreds of thousands to try and stop exactly what is going to happen and is now doing a victory lap over it.

And in the end, when he turns Twitter into his own private Right Wing Fascist Hellscape Tik Tock will send him a gift basket. Twitter is about a year away from being what parents use...which means it is uncool and no one not on AARP will use it.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Not anyone under the age of 50 and certainly not anyone with an IQ over 70. Pretty much everyone I know, read or talk to thinks he screwed the pooch mightily. Being "right" about how Twitter is filled with bots is about the only thing he can hang his hat on the rest he basically has his tail between his legs. His entire strategy for this buyout was beyond stupid Twitter friggin won. They are getting the money they were promised and may are getting out before the internet rules change. Musk spent hundreds of thousands to try and stop exactly what is going to happen and is now doing a victory lap over it.

And in the end, when he turns Twitter into his own private Right Wing Fascist Hellscape Tik Tock will send him a gift basket. Twitter is about a year away from being what parents use...which means it is uncool and no one not on AARP will use it.
                    But enough about message boards... ;-)
                    Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

No social media provider is TBTF. Energy companies, financial services companies, probably health care providers. But I don't think even industrial manufacturing like auto companies are anymore.
                      firms are too big to fail if they owe GS $$$
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I'm not saying you're wrong, factually, about any of that. But I don't agree that the "I hate politics I barely vote" people - which make up an appallingly high percentage of us - aren't paying attention to the details whatsoever and mostly think Musk is kinda cool.

I shocked some friends recently when I went on an anti-Musk tirade. They think he's the bees knees.
                        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

No one is going to consider Twitter to be essential like Ford, or GM, or a Bank.
                          But they will consider Musk to big to fail.
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• After 18 years with the USG, Dr. Mrs. just had $88k of her federal loans wiped, because Biden broadened the types of loans that were applicable.

It's nothing compared to what she would have made in the private sector, but we won't turn it down.

Thank you, President Biden and Democrats.
                            Cornell University

Comment

• BREAKING: Jobs report shows 263k jobs added vs 275k est. Unemployment 3.5% vs 3.7% estimate. Avg hourly earnings up 0.3%.
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Is joe biden the greatest living president?
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X