Business, Economics, and Taxes: Capitalism. Yay? >=(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

Which is hilarious and self defeating because the oil and gas industry profits best and expands when Dems are at the helm.

Soon as GOP take over, the oil and gas industry gets tight. Every. Single. Time. Going back to Reagan.
    I have to wonder if it's cause the industry can make "improvements" under the R's due to little regulation that then come around to bear fruit 4-8 years later under the D term. Short term loss for a larger long term gain.
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Stop selling weapons to the Middle East. Let them use Russian equipment, since it works so well and they're best buds.
      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

I have to wonder if it's cause the industry can make "improvements" under the R's due to little regulation that then come around to bear fruit 4-8 years later under the D term. Short term loss for a larger long term gain.
        Doesn't sound like it, but there may be a little overlap?

https://www.tiktok.com/@mrglobaltoo/...31349530561834

https://www.tiktok.com/@mrglobaltoo/...34665834990890

Side note: The higher prices for oil also mean better chance of re-opening well fields that were shuttered under cheaper times. So production is forecast higher in the US.
        https://www.tiktok.com/@mrglobaltoo/...44454425234734

Also, the boom during Obama's era was done in spite of the green energy policies Dems pushed under him.
        https://www.tiktok.com/@mrglobaltoo/...52709742054702

This guy has been a great follow on TikTok to learn the ins-and-outs of the oil and gas industry.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
          Stop selling weapons to the Middle East.
          Pretty sure that's all we export anymore.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

And right as heating season starts. It’s going to be a rough winter for a lot of folks.
            Drew, you know there was a solar community in Florida that didn't lose power during Hurricane Ian, right?

But we can't invest in renewables. Too expensive. Picking winners and losers. All that ****.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

Drew, you know there was a solar community in Florida that didn't lose power during Hurricane Ian, right?

But we can't invest in renewables. Too expensive. Picking winners and losers. All that ****.
              That's awesome. I am going to search the Internets for that story. Most hopeful thing I've heard all day.

https://www.businessinsider.com/hurr...-ranch-2022-10

Incredible. Love it.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

That's awesome. I am going to search the Internets for that story. Most hopeful thing I've heard all day.

https://www.businessinsider.com/hurr...-ranch-2022-10

Incredible. Love it.
                I posted about that place in the Hurricane thread. Minimal damage. Their school was set up as a shelter despite not having the typically required generator because it never even lost power. Buried all power and utility lines, lots of greenspaces, designed to funnel water away from housing and buildings, etc. Shows what can be done with sustainability and climate change in mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post

I posted about that place in the Hurricane thread. Minimal damage. Their school was set up as a shelter despite not having the typically required generator because it never even lost power. Buried all power and utility lines, lots of greenspaces, designed to funnel water away from housing and buildings, etc. Shows what can be done with sustainability and climate change in mind.
                  Engineering can get **** done if we let it. Very impressed. Very hopeful. Sorry I missed your original post.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Engineering can get **** done if we let it. Very impressed. Very hopeful. Sorry I missed your original post.
                    Its ridiculous that homes in Florida use anything but solar for domestic hot water. If it works for me(I'd guess 50% of my hot water) it sure the heck will work for close to 100% in Fla. Its easy proven technology that requires a 60 watt pump, some piping and a couple collectors. You don't even have to worry about the piping freezing like I do.
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• "virtually every Twitter employee I’ve spoken to in the last six months has told me that he or she plans to leave if Mr. Musk takes over"
                      And given IT/IS talent is hard to come by hopefully this means Twitter is destroyed and everyone moves on to something else and that ******* Musk loses his entire 44 billion.

https://***********/tomgara/status/1577654503091933184

Comment

• https://www.thedailybeast.com/privat...al-report-says

https://www.reuters.com/markets/deal...ce-2022-10-05/

Apollo Global Management Inc (APO.N) and Sixth Street Partners, which had been looking to provide financing for Elon Musk's proposed $44 billion buyout of Twitter Inc (TWTR.N), are no longer in talks with the billionaire entrepreneur, said two sources familiar with the matter.

Apollo had been in talks to provide preferred equity financing for the deal, alongside Sixth Street, sources previously told Reuters. Apollo, Sixth Street and other investors were looking to commit more than $1 billion in financing for the deal at the time.
                        He's losing funding. I hope he goes bankrupt over this.

Comment

Not sure who those companies were affiliated with, but I saw rumors on Twitter the Saudi's were chipping in to his efforts now.
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Did you forget too big to fail?
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

No one is going to consider Twitter to be essential like Ford, or GM, or a Bank.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

Twitter is not too big to fail. Musk may be but Twitter hardly is.

Musk is an idiot though...how much money has he wasted the last 6 months just to buy Twitter at the exact price he was supposed to buy them for originally? All while killing is reputation by kissing up to Right Wing fascists to the point even his financiers are being forced to walk away from him.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X