This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

Your reaction is similar to mine when I noticed all of the corporate sponsors at Ferndale Pride last summer, especially the really stiff industries like banking & finance. Where were all of you in 2005? It's one of the reasons why I find the social media sh*tpost "I Support the Current Thing" funny when it's applied to corporations suddenly discovering their progressivism in recent years with outward gestures of support for Pride Month, Black History Month, Women's History Month, Juneteenth, etc. "Slacktivism", I think it's called.
    The only reason I pay attention is to see the backlash when it comes out they give money to politicians who support the very things they are pretending to care for. It is why I love when my friends that are full on Progressives who rail against anything and everything conservative wax rhapsodic about anything made by Di$ney. (especially Marvel crap, which of course they make super easy to edit so as not to tick off the Chinese) They do not like being called out on their hypocrisy. At least I fully admit my hypocrisy in this regard.

see also: anyone who uses an Iphone, drives a Tesla, wears decent shoes, buys closes from Target, shops at Wal-Mart/Sams Club/Costco...pretty much everything the average American has/does.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• It only took them one year to over-commercialize Juneteenth.

https://twitter.com/drwannluthaking/...mvvmIUJeVim6HQ
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        see also: anyone who uses an Iphone, drives a Tesla, wears decent shoes, buys closes from Target, shops at Wal-Mart/Sams Club/Costco...
        0x5
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

0x5
          Dont get on your high horse, I guarantee something you have was made by slave labor and was made by a company that donates to someone we all hate. Hell you are on the internet it is a guarantee ;^)

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Dont get on your high horse, I guarantee something you have was made by slave labor and was made by a company that donates to someone we all hate. Hell you are on the internet it is a guarantee ;^)
            For anyone that has earnings where they have to keep an eye on what they spend, it's almost not possible to avoid tripping yourself up in this manner. Unless we are living off a garden that we raise in our yard and not enjoying any outside entertainment, one can not live without buying from ________ Evil Corporation.

This is the part that ticks me off... Yes, I try and step away when I can, but I also need to live.
            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

That's by Republican Design. You can thank Reagan and all his minions for it.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

That's by Republican Design. You can thank Reagan and all his minions for it.
                Stop. This goes well beyond petty politics. Politics is what they use to keep us numb and fighting each other.

Greed and power predates Reagan.
                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Stop. This goes well beyond petty politics. Politics is what they use to keep us numb and fighting each other.

Greed and power predates Reagan.
                  The giant sucking sound sounded off with policies of 1980. I will not stop. Nixon wanted Universal Health Care. Nixon. I will NEVER STOP. We had gone through all this before and passed laws to handle it. The destruction and dismantling of those laws started in 1980.
                  Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 05-27-2022, 04:24 PM.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Scooby is 100% correct. We can thank Reagan for killing the middle class; Iran-Contra; the massive increase of income inequality; the most corrupt administration in our nation's history; a skyrocketed national debt; an indifference towards AIDS; the Southern Strategy; illegally supplying arms to both Iraq and Iran; selling even more weapons to Iran in order to release hostages taken in Lebanon; our cut and run in Beirut while never going after the perps; arming the Mujahideen; vetoing the the Anti-Apartheid Act; palling around with Noriega, Hussein, Marcos; a SOS defending the murder of 4 American nuns in El Salvador; record budget deficits (at the time); vetoing the farm credit bill; deregulation and changes to the tax code causing the S&L collapse; robbing SS to pay for budget shortfalls...

This country got bent over HARD in 1980 and we've never recovered.

Comment

For example, I love my Nestle and Mars products, even though they both use slave labor to produce cheap chocolate.
                      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                      Patreon for exclusive writing content
                      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Dont get on your high horse, I guarantee something you have was made by slave labor
                        Well, yeah. Dinner, every night.
                        Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• The money back guarantee seems a bit pointless.

https://www.ndtv.com/offbeat/bermuda...-3017141/amp/1
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            The money back guarantee seems a bit pointless.

https://www.ndtv.com/offbeat/bermuda...-3017141/amp/1
                            If no claimants (taps forehead)
                            Cornell University

Comment

• Well, *** *did* happen in 1971???

https://***happenedin1971.com/
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• From your link a 404 error happened in 1971.

But I figured it out.

Also, it wasn't going off the gold standard, as much as incel libertarians beat off to the fantasy that it was. Plenty of other countries went to fiat currency and this didn't happen.

What happened in 1971 was we started rolling back the Great Society to pay for Vietnam, started taking the axe to social programs and investment, and started even winding down the New Deal. What happened in 1971 was the great revolt of the rich which had smoldered finally found a permanent home in the GOP, and corporations which had previously actually WANTED to lower inequality for more purchasing power for more citizens were infested with Uncle Milty types and Harvard MBAs who believed you take care of rich investors first and then sloppy joe will benefit sometime down the line (waves hands). And WHY? Because of empirical data? Because of experience? No, because by theoretical logic it HAD to be true! Not even kidding -- Murray Rothbard's magnum opus that is the central pin of this mindset literally says empirical data is useless because his theory follows syllogistically from logical axioms. Murray, you magnificent bastard, I read your book, and you are the intellectual theorist even your wet dream mentor Leo Strauss warned us about!

And instead of a rising tide we got the last 50 ****ing years.

Communitarian republicanism of the type America had between the 1930 and the 1960s inclusive created the greatest middle class and the most freedom the world had ever seen til then (offer not available to racial minorities and women, some settling may occur). Since then, we hardened into the fat, stupid, oligarchical republicanism of alienated gimme gimmes, led by the Right, while plenty of countries and economies behind us surpassed us in quality of life.

What happened was ****ing as-sholes with experimental voodoo economic rightwing theories took over our country and ran it into the ground.

**** libertarians, **** laissez faire, **** corporate welfare, **** punching down, and **** THE RIGHT!

I'm finished, wheel me back to my cell and don't let your fingers get too close.

Jesus **** these meds.

Last edited by Kepler; 05-31-2022, 10:57 AM.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X