Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Physician heal thyself ;^)
    If I could do that I wouldn't leave the house.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• And what I have going now (Direct Care- Neuro Rehab and Door Dash) is not a highly annoying way to afford food and shelter.

https://***********/InternetHippo/st...50417920684034
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• https://***********/therecount/statu...98822432231425

Turns out, the Bureau of Labor Statistics underestimated job growth from June to September by 626,000 jobs — the largest underestimation ever.

It should be noted the boss of BLS worked at The Heritage Foundation and was a Trump appointee. I am sure it is just a coincidence though this screw up happened right before the elections...​
        Last edited by Handyman; 11-17-2021, 10:53 AM.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          I am sure it is just a coincidence though this screw up happened right before the elections...​
          No, no, we were told the election results were due to mama grizzlies not wanting their kids thrown in concentration camps, or something.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Jesus Christ.

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Well I guess what sic and others are always hinting at is true- you can’t trust the government because they’re lying.

cdc isn’t the only place the republkkkans have ruined.

Comment

• Holy ****. That's not an error.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Holy ****. The BLS under the same dipsh--t underestimated job losses in April 2020 by 922,000. So, when TFG is in, they underestimate losses. When Biden is POTUS, they underestimate gains. Cool.
                  Code:
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Ok, this is actually a big deal:

NEW: Apple has announced plans to let customers repair their own phones in a monumental shift from its current repair policies.

vice.com
                    Apple Will Tell You How to Fix iPhones, Sell Parts to the General Public
                    In a major shift in policy, Apple says it will sell the parts and tools necessary for DIY iPhone repair.
                    Code:

Comment

• Times are a-changin'...

This week I learned that I'm the recipient of a 17% raise, effective immediately. Kind of tells me that the people running the show in the logistics world are seeing the writing on the wall regarding people wanting to actually feel their worth on the job... Hopefully this movement can continue =)
                      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        Ok, this is actually a big deal:

NEW: Apple has announced plans to let customers repair their own phones in a monumental shift from its current repair policies.

vice.com
                        Apple Will Tell You How to Fix iPhones, Sell Parts to the General Public
                        In a major shift in policy, Apple says it will sell the parts and tools necessary for DIY iPhone repair.
                        It's a huge win for right-to-repair, but I still have some reservations on their ulterior motive....
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

It's a huge win for right-to-repair, but I still have some reservations on their ulterior motive....
                          well of course there's an ulterior motive, profit. BUt i'm not entirely sure it's a bad thing. I think everyone gets what they want here, right?

COnsumers don't have to shell out for a refurb or expensive repairs by sending the phone back to apple or leaving it with an apple shop. Apple, in exchange, gets to charge you money for the kits at a (probably) inflated price relative to what the repair shops get and take in the profits. Essentially they're trading discounted wholesale part prices to repair shops for consumer pricing to us idiots. And I'm not even sure that's going to hurt the repair shops in the long run. It means more of them can start up and offer services.

Worst case for apple, more people brick their phones and have to buy new ones. That said, I think it's a massive step in the right direction. I'm not going to spend a gazillion dollars on a new phone because a part broke on mine. I will, however, look at repairing things and depending on the complexity and risk, do it myself.
                          Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                            Times are a-changin'...

This week I learned that I'm the recipient of a 17% raise, effective immediately. Kind of tells me that the people running the show in the logistics world are seeing the writing on the wall regarding people wanting to actually feel their worth on the job... Hopefully this movement can continue =)
                            Congratulations. I think that's great.

For people willing to work, right now and for the foreseeable future, it's a great time. Jobs are plentiful and employers are going to be willing to pay for good people.

I don't want to pee in your cheerios regarding your employer's motive, but I would guess this is less about them wanting you to feel your worth and more about them recognizing that they have a good employee, and one that they don't want to, or can't afford to lose right now.

Either way, what do you care. The cash is going in your pocket.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

well of course there's an ulterior motive, profit. BUt i'm not entirely sure it's a bad thing. I think everyone gets what they want here, right?

COnsumers don't have to shell out for a refurb or expensive repairs by sending the phone back to apple or leaving it with an apple shop. Apple, in exchange, gets to charge you money for the kits at a (probably) inflated price relative to what the repair shops get and take in the profits. Essentially they're trading discounted wholesale part prices to repair shops for consumer pricing to us idiots. And I'm not even sure that's going to hurt the repair shops in the long run. It means more of them can start up and offer services.

Worst case for apple, more people brick their phones and have to buy new ones. That said, I think it's a massive step in the right direction. I'm not going to spend a gazillion dollars on a new phone because a part broke on mine. I will, however, look at repairing things and depending on the complexity and risk, do it myself.
                              Or you could just buy a phone from a company that doesn't anally probe you without lube ;^)
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Their ulterior motive may have been to avoid a spectacular fine for anti-consumer practices.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X