This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

I was an invited guest and enjoyed the visit (but was in far NW NM, not AZ). My great-uncle is married to the daughter of a Navajo official (they don't use 'chief').

If you can appreciate stark landscape for its raw, natural beauty, it's fabulous.
    I had a desert trip planned for last April that got cancelled thanks to covid. Included on the itinerary was a visit to Canyon de Chelly National Monument, with reservations for a lodge at the monument operated by the Navajo, and a canyon trip with a Navajo guide. I really need to reschedule this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Look up The Long Walk sometime if you ever want to make your blood boil.
      That one I know (see: great-uncle's wife).

Trail of Tears (awesome < rolleyes > idea to force Seminoles, Floridians by geography today, to Oklahoma)
      Internment Camps (for Japanese, Germans, Italians, your pick)

Not the finest hours.

The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Vanilla Ice is.
        Good analogy but he lives in Florida.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          Good analogy but he lives in Florida.
          Born in Dallas.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

That one I know (see: great-uncle's wife).

Trail of Tears (awesome < rolleyes > idea to force Seminoles, Floridians by geography today, to Oklahoma)
            Internment Camps (for Japanese, Germans, Italians, your pick)

Not the finest hours.
            Yeah, but if you teach kids that the US did bad things, then you're a communist traitor.
            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Speaking of everybody's favorite genocidal race...
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I would love to go there, it's my favorite kind of terrain.

Dr. Mrs. went out to the Navajo Nation to visit a friend when she was in her teens and it changed her life. She was so infuriated by what we had done to those people she has been an axe-wielding SJW ever since and I love her for it.

Look up The Long Walk sometime if you ever want to make your blood boil.

One fact that is the undeniable is the beauty of the landscape in the U.S., and quite possibly in more diverse ways than anywhere else. Yes I get there are other countries out there - I travel and I also get what was stolen that's not the point. But when people talk about beautiful places in the world I think for variety alone the U.S. gets short shrift.

Comment

• Originally posted by lynahfan View Post

yeah, but if you teach kids that the us did bad things, then you're a communist traitor.
                  crt!!!!!!!1!1!!1
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• She might have a point...
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Crypto is crashing again. Doge is below 20 cents for the first time since April 14.

Bitcoin looks to be nearing the 30k mark, which it hasn’t been below for six months.
                      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                        Crypto is crashing again. Doge is below 20 cents for the first time since April 14.

Bitcoin looks to be nearing the 30k mark, which it hasn’t been below for six months.
                        China nuked mining. They stopped like 90% of it. Now all those miners are looking to come here...one of the places they are looking (and I am not making this up) is Texas! You thought the Texas grid was strained before...if mining hits Texas all hell is going to break loose!

Florida is courting them as well...they have no idea what they are in for.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Every time crypto goes wild up wild down repeat I wonder who made bank.
                          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Every time crypto goes wild up wild down repeat I wonder who made bank.
                            I made 7.5x my investment on Doge on the conservative end so...ME!
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

I made 7.5x my investment on Doge on the conservative end so...ME!
                              Did you buy anything after your initial investment? Because if you bought any of the dips and held you've lost on that.
                              Last edited by Spartanforlife4; 06-21-2021, 05:45 PM.
                              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Nope. I sold half after Elons monolog and wasn't going to buy again unless it tanked which I still might do now that I am completely out. I bought at six and that was it.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X