Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we pretending that most normal people’s estate will be taxed at the level of say, a Jeff bezos?it’s like no one on the right understands marginal rates

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
      Any gift between two living people above $14k(?) is treated as income and taxed. Why should her estate be able to give you millions without also treating that as income to you?

Golden rule, that’s why. Rich people stacking the deck for themselves, yet again.
      The American dream!

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
        I don't believe that capital gains should be taxed at a lower rate than income from labor.
        Completely agree.
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          Are we pretending that most normal people’s estate will be taxed at the level of say, a Jeff bezos?it’s like no one on the right understands marginal rates
          Are we talking "estate taxes" or are we talking a hypothetical world where an inheritance would be treated (and taxed) as income.

The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            Are we pretending that most normal people’s estate will be taxed at the level of say, a Jeff bezos?it’s like no one on the right understands marginal rates
            It's like no one on the right understands that like the first ten million is exempt. How many people in this country leave a ten million estate?

"Gubmint's gonna take my grammie's whole nest egg!!!!"
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

It's like no one on the right understands that like the first ten million is exempt.

"Gubmint's gonna take my grammie's whole nest egg!!!!"
              I do. (Mom was way, way under $10M.)

But my cousins had to sell land (family farm) when my uncle died, to pay the tax.
              https://www.fb.org/market-intel/esta...o-family-farms

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Life's tough. Should have planned better.

Bootstraps.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

I've never dealt with it. Need more words.
                  On death, all capital gets a stepped up cost basis to the date of death. So if you bought stock for $1.00 and die when it's worth $1,000,000 without ever having sold it, your heirs will get to use $1,000,000 as their cost basis when/if they ever sell it.

Part of the reason for the inheritance tax is to recapture the lost capital gains taxes on that $999,999.

Comment

But my cousins had to sell land (family farm) when my uncle died, to pay the tax.
                    Which means your uncle had amassed over $10,000,000 worth of land, equipment, and other property at the time of his death. No offense, but I'm not feeling sorry for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

Which means your uncle had amassed over $10,000,000 worth of land, equipment, and other property at the time of his death. No offense, but I'm not feeling sorry for them.
                      Yep. That's a real drag.

Comment

• I was asked what motivates me at work today.

Apparently, spite is not an appropriate answer.
                        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                        Patreon for exclusive writing content
                        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                          I was asked what motivates me at work today.

Apparently, spite is not an appropriate answer.
                          Nor is it for returning a jacket.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

So what? People make sacrifices suck it up and move on. Plenty of non-White people make worse sacrifices for more important decisions every day and the Right tells them to suck it up and deal. What's good for the goose...

Why is your family more deserving of money or an easy path through life than anyone else is? Just because the previous generation earned it doesn't mean you did.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

So what? People make sacrifices suck it up and move on. Plenty of non-White people make worse sacrifices for more important decisions every day and the Right tells them to suck it up and deal. What's good for the goose...

Why is your family more deserving of money or an easy path through life than anyone else is? Just because the previous generation earned it doesn't mean you did.
                              Not everyone can be a self made man like Donnie! Didn’t you get $500 million from daddy that you lost a few times over?

it’s something they’ll hold onto forever- some people are just more deserving

Comment

• Devine right of the 1%.
                                If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Working...
                                X