X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    So he had a 100 mile trip planned
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

Oh, as management you should absolutely not be sharing salary info of your subordinates with anyone.

But as employees, you should feel free to talk amongst yourselves about your own salaries as needed.
      Yeah I dont think anyone is advocating for management to discuss it. Just normal employees who are on similar levels to each other.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• So Elon tanked the crypto market but Coinbase saved it. They have said within 2 months Doge will be traded on their service. Doge went from upper 30s to almost 50 and Bitcoin and Ethereum all but erased their losses in the last 24 hours. My guess is Coinbase stock will rebound nicely because of this as well...lots of transactions to make money off of.

There is a new "green" coin called Chia which involves no "mining" and uses hard drive space to verify coins as opposed to GPUs and CPUs so it uses almost no energy. It is already causing issues with hard drives in Asia. My buddy and I are actually getting into it cause the coins are quite valuable (though not useable really) and not that hard to come across.
        Last edited by Handyman; 05-13-2021, 08:25 PM.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• The thing is, management already makes our ranges open to the employees for a grade up and down. Everyone is basically kept within +/- 5% of the median. If you're under, you get bumped at 2-3% a year.

There's zero reason to discuss it. It has nothing to do with thinking I make the most or not. I know I don't. And I know women in my division have received promotions at about a 2:1 clip relative to size. They announce those openly as well. Plus with standardized titles, pretty easy to figure out.

And management has zero issue discussing ranges even above the guidelines.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Pay attention to what's going on with Tether. Crypto markets are about to get a hell of a lot more dangerous
            Code:
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• "A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• About that Amazon union vote…

Testimony that Amazon.com Inc. had access to a mailbox installed for workers to vote in a recent union election could prompt the National Labor Relations Board to overturn the results, according to the agency’s former chair.

During an NLRB hearing on Friday, employee Kevin Jackson said Amazon security guards used keys to open the mailbox, which was located near the entrance of the facility in Bessemer, Alabama.
                Whoops.
                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Ouch.

HBO's business daddy is completely exiting content and spinning everything off to Discovery.
                  Code:

Comment

• Of course the pipeline was fine the entire time

https://mobile.twitter.com/kfury/sta...53444611743746

Comment

Of course the pipeline was fine the entire time

This is the free market in one story.

Libertarians everywhere are now physically aroused.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Socialize the losses, privatize the profit.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

That's how these things usually go. Accounting/billing systems will be less secure than pipeline control systems. A similar thing happened to a Norsk Hydro aluminum plant in Norway. They could continue to operate the plant, but couldn't ship orders or bill customers, so they had to shut down.

You can't really run a pipeline if you don't know where the orders are going, if there is capacity to receive them, etc
                          Last edited by BassAle; 05-17-2021, 12:08 PM.

Comment

• Vestas says they can now fully recycle wind turbine blades

https://electrek.co/2021/05/17/wind-...78vw0Ri8_TdhF4

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              Ouch.

HBO's business daddy is completely exiting content and spinning everything off to Discovery.
                              ATT paid $9M in bonuses for those who closed the Time Warner deal, only to have it fail 3 years later. While firing 3-5% of the WarnerMedia employees. If that isn't peak capitalism, I don't know what is.
                              Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco View Post

ATT paid $9M in bonuses for those who closed the Time Warner deal, only to have it fail 3 years later. While firing 3-5% of the WarnerMedia employees. If that isn't peak capitalism, I don't know what is.
                                ATT is one of the dumbest companies out there, and a joke as a telecommunications company. They could screw up getting laid in a whorehouse with an American Express Black Card and a wallet full of hundred dollar bills.

As someone who loves HBO Max this makes me happy as hell because I have had a sinking feeling for about a year they were going to run it into the ground.

BTW on another board I frequent it was mentioned this would open up like $20 billion in cash flow for TV and dividends.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X