Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So dogecoin dropped after Elon called it a hustle?

Comment

• No it dropped after it peaked with his mom mentioning it in the monologe. Happened a bit quicker than expected and I got lucky I saw the early sell and jumped. Still holding in the 40s so not enough sold to crash it.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Are taxes the same for crypto as for stock?

im up like $15k in crypto. I need to hold another 3 months to hit the one year holding mark. Can’t decide if I should sell or keep holding

Comment

• Largest oil pipeline on east coast ransomware attacked, Biden declares state of emergency.

The US government declared a state of emergency on Sunday after the largest fuel pipeline in the US was hit by a ransomware cyber-attack.

The Colonial Pipeline carries 2.5 million barrels a day - 45% of the East Coast's supply of diesel, gasoline and jet fuel.

It was completely knocked offline by a cyber-criminal gang on Friday and is still working to restore service.

The emergency status enables fuel to be transported by road.

Experts say fuel prices are likely to rise 2-3% on Monday, but the impact will be far worse if it goes on for much longer.

Multiple sources have confirmed that the ransomware attack was caused by a cyber-criminal gang called DarkSide, who infiltrated Colonial's network on Thursday and took almost 100GB of data hostage.

After seizing the data, the hackers locked the data on some computers and servers, demanding a ransom on Friday. If it is not paid, they are threatening to leak it onto the internet.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            Are taxes the same for crypto as for stock?

im up like $15k in crypto. I need to hold another 3 months to hit the one year holding mark. Can’t decide if I should sell or keep holding
            Depends How Long You Hold

The IRS generally treats gains on cryptocurrency the same way it treats any kind of capital gain.

That is, you’ll pay ordinary tax rates on short-term capital gains (up to 37 percent in 2020 and 2021, depending on your income) for assets held less than a year. But for assets held longer than a year, you’ll pay long-term capital gains tax, likely at a lower rate (0, 15 and 20 percent).
            So...hold?
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I got out. I'd rather pay ordinary income with guaranteed profit. I'm up 75%. I'll take that.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• The next insurrection will come with corporate sponsorship

https://mobile.twitter.com/JuddLegum...17347573080064

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  The next insurrection will come with corporate sponsorship

https://mobile.twitter.com/JuddLegum...17347573080064
                  Like I said when they made their "announcements" none of it would stick. Same will happen with their "outrage" over voter suppression. By the midterms the GOP will be seeing that sweet sweet cash again because businesses hate paying taxes and could give 2 craps about any of us.
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    I got out. I'd rather pay ordinary income with guaranteed profit. I'm up 75%. I'll take that.
                    Im slowly pulling out my money. Price is still good so no need to panic plus I want to have some around in case Coinbase changes their mind and starts trading it.
                    Last edited by Handyman; 05-10-2021, 10:02 AM.
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      By the midterms the GOP will be seeing that sweet sweet cash again because businesses hate paying taxes and could give 2 craps about any of us.
                      Of course.

Nazi businesses will keep donating because they believe in The Plan.

Everybody else will donate to both sides because duh bribery.
                      Cornell University
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        Like I said when they made their "announcements" none of it would stick. Same will happen with their "outrage" over voter suppression. By the midterms the GOP will be seeing that sweet sweet cash again because businesses hate paying taxes and could give 2 craps about any of us.
                        Exactly, they will just backdoor their contributions to the GQP somehow. As one of the two major parties, they still have more than enough clout and willing voters to force corporations to hedge their bets. Especially now that the GQP says it's okay to cancel and/or regulate corporations that don't go along with their narrative.
                        Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 05-10-2021, 11:48 AM.

Comment

• Yeah but I am sure Target will tell us how progressive they are after they get caught donating to GQPers who hate gay marriage and BLM.
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• The theme of the current (excellent) issue of Jacobin is the ruling class. One article makes a lengthy and interesting distinction between publicly traded companies (Exxon) and privately owned companies and private equity firms. While the former are certainly no friend of human beings, they are bounded by more laws, forced to be more transparent, and move with the times on social issues (these are the companies conservatives want to cancel for objecting the Jim Crow 2, for instance). The latter tend to be much more extremist in their politics, occasionally to the left but overwhelmingly to the right. This is where the true cavemen like Koch and Dump thrive.

In each instance, of course, the owners and their managers will murder an infinite number of people to add one cent of profit. The profit motive is, ultimately, psychopathic. But they operate in different ways.
                            Cornell University

Comment

• A sign to tape over NOBODY WANTS TO WORK signs:

Cornell University

Comment

• Employers: No one wants to work!
                                Hi, Employer who thinks free coffee and a meager discount is incentive enough:

Well, someone did. You turned them away because they were queer and hiring queer people violated your "religious liberty."

Someone did. But they used marijuana instead of drinking, so you denied them employment.

You terminated someone who liked working for you because they had to use the bathroom in between breaks.

Someone really wanted to work for you, but they found the pay was $10/hour and "part time" was putting the lack of hours mildly, after they sacrificed half a day for an interview with you.

Your reviews on Indeed and GlassDoor all say you intentionally sowed division amongst your crew and created a toxic environment for your employees. One review said you judged your women employees by their looks and made derisive comments about their weight. Another review said you failed to communicate with your employees, but berated them when they didn't tell you anything.

People want to work. They just don't want to work for YOU. And you, oh Employer who thinks free coffee and a meager discount in the store is incentive enough, you're going to keep asking "what I have done to lose them?" Meanwhile, the question you should be asking is "what have I done to KEEP them?"
                                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Working...
                                X