No announcement yet.

Business, Economics, and Taxes: Capitalism. Yay? >=(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you go back to the part where you said the stuff about the thing?
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Random aside: I’ll always remember my a-ha moment regarding layman journalists. At Cornell, I was friends with a polo team member who happened to be an English major. She did a summer internship at Polo Magazine (or whatever the premiere polo magazine is called). Out of the entire magazine staff, she was the only one who had ever even sat on a polo pony. The rest were just journalists with a gig - next week they might be writing for Gardening Monthly or the Journal of Gothic Tattoos.
      If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• ESD shoes baby. In and out of the car all I want.

it's a farking gas pumping cartwheel jambaroo

Last edited by dxmnkd316; 04-11-2021, 10:45 AM.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          ESD shoes baby. In and out of the car all I want.

it's a farking gas pumping cartwheel jambaroo
          Um.... that’s not how it works. ESD shoes keep your body from building up static charge while they are in contact with the ground - exactly like the chains that trucks drag behind. If you’re in a car with your feet off the ground, they don’t do squat - your body will eventually equalize to the same voltage as the car. When you step out of the car, you’ll still be at a different voltage from the ground and therefore have the potential (no pun intended) to generate a spark.
          If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
            Um.... that’s not how it works. ESD shoes keep your body from building up static charge while they are in contact with the ground - exactly like the chains that trucks drag behind. If you’re in a car with your feet off the ground, they don’t do squat - your body will eventually equalize to the same voltage as the car. When you step out of the car, you’ll still be at a different voltage from the ground and therefore have the potential (no pun intended) to generate a spark.
            I suppose you're right, because it's the car you're discharging not your body. So there are really two scenarios here. Grounding the car and anything you've built up by sliding across those sweet shag carpet seats, speaking for mookie of course.
            Code:
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• of course
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                This isn't 1955...they have access to information and Amazon wouldn't risk retaliation. Sorry my heart doesn't bleed for them.
                No, but there are other disinfo tactics the suits can employ that trick people of average or worse intelligence into voting against what might be in their best interests.

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                  Random aside: I’ll always remember my a-ha moment regarding layman journalists. At Cornell, I was friends with a polo team member who happened to be an English major. She did a summer internship at Polo Magazine (or whatever the premiere polo magazine is called). Out of the entire magazine staff, she was the only one who had ever even sat on a polo pony. The rest were just journalists with a gig - next week they might be writing for Gardening Monthly or the Journal of Gothic Tattoos.
                  Sports writing is famous for this. Bunch of wannabes who never played past squirts. The TV guys have the experience but need to be taught English. It’s a fun world.
                  Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                  USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

No, but there are other disinfo tactics the suits can employ that trick people of average or worse intelligence into voting against what might be in their best interests.
                    And it takes 12 seconds to debunk it. Sorry they dont get to claim "ignorance" on this one.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Egypt to the owners of Ever Given: pay us $1 Billion or or you're not getting your boat back.

https://jalopnik.com/egypt-to-ever-g...-ar-1846651458
                      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                      Patreon for exclusive writing content
                      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• I'm gonna guess that the insurance payout for lost cargo is cheaper for Evergreen than paying Egypt what sounds like extortion.

Also, I would love to see an itemized bill of services, because their ain't no way in hell that boat needed $1 Bil in time and materials work...
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• The boat is meaningless. Far more important is if Egypt tells Evergreen to pound sand (there's a joke in there) and that they don't get to use the Suez anymore.

Maybe they could shift their entire fleet of Asia-Europe boats, but that's not ideal.
                          Code:

Comment

• Keep an eye on the markets this morning... CDC and FDA are asking for a halt to the Johnson & Johnson Covid vaccine after more cases of blood clotting have been reported.

Airlines, hotels, and other travel stocks are moving downward in pre-market trading.
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Dow is down a little but NASDAQ is up 100 and S&P is up like 4. I dont think the J&J news will have a huge impact because more people get the Pfizer or Moderna shots.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                Dow is down a little but NASDAQ is up 100 and S&P is up like 4. I dont think the J&J news will have a huge impact because more people get the Pfizer or Moderna shots.
                                Agreed, I was kind of surprised I got Pfizer. I (wrongly) assumed they were earmarking the mRNA vaccines for high-risk individuals and planning to throw all of the J&J vector vax at healthy people under 50.

Comment

Working...
                                X