No announcement yet.

Business, Economics, and Taxes: Capitalism. Yay? >=(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Except Rudy and the others never argued Smartmatic or Dominion in the courts. Whenever they were in court, they made certain to state that they "weren't alleging that fraud happened".

They only made the allegations about Smartmatic and Dominion in the media, where they weren't obligated to stick to actual facts.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      Silly, that's because the pandemic and the states enforcing shutdowns was killing businesses and no one was hiring.

But now no one had money to spend on groceries, or rent, or frivolous **** like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
        It's funny you should post that. Earlier, after I posted that I thought the plaintiffs would end up settling for Gretchen Carlson money, I went to look up what she got because I couldn't remember. Turns out it was $20 million, which is kind of funny for the exact reason you now reference.

My actual guess is that they'll settle for somewhere south of $80 million. If you made me guess a specific number, I'll go with $50 mil. I think the pink slime people got something like $175 million in their case, but they had actual damages. They were closing plants left and right because of the drop in business, and they were claiming something like $5 billion in damages, which is twice as much as the plaintiffs here.

So, there it is, $50 million. Someone save it so that rufus and others can come back and rub my face in it.
        Just so you know, we're coming up on half a million Covid deaths.

Seems some people's 'opinions' can actually be more accurate and relevant than yours. Maybe you might try listening to them, instead of playing the smug all-knowing azzhole all the time. Cause we're all just dying to know what your 'opinion' on everything is.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

Just so you know, we're coming up on half a million Covid deaths.

Seems some people's 'opinions' can actually be more accurate and relevant than yours. Maybe you might try listening to them, instead of playing the smug all-knowing azzhole all the time. Cause we're all just dying to know what your 'opinion' on everything is.
          So this is funny. Back when there were maybe 100,000 deaths in this country and things had slowed down during the summer, and I asked you again what your guess was, you made a point of jumping down my throat when you responded that it was 500,000 (although I still think you said 500-000 to 1,000,000). Your comment was something like, "Oh I'm sure you're just waiting to tell me that your guess was closer than mine," to which I responded that I had no interest in any such thing. I didn't remember exactly what your guess was.

But now, now that we're nearing that magic number for you, you're so happy that you just couldn't resist could you? You really are a sad, sad little man.
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

No, it's a buzzword for the politicians. It's been used in academia for as long as I can remember. Moral hazard was discussed at length in my economics courses, talking about airline bailouts. (Northwest Airlines was the most recent example at that time.)
            Talk about baggage...
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              Shell Oil is phasing out... oil.
              That's.... ballsy

Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

LOL Oh noes! Will someone think of the oil barrons?
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Lin Wood confirms he is going to be lead counsel for Sidney Powell...Dominion is already counting their dollars!
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Not surprising. BP has started doing the same, they sold all their holdings in Alaska for that reason.

Of course our State Government can’t seem to understand that...
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

So this is funny. Back when there were maybe 100,000 deaths in this country and things had slowed down during the summer, and I asked you again what your guess was, you made a point of jumping down my throat when you responded that it was 500,000 (although I still think you said 500-000 to 1,000,000). Your comment was something like, "Oh I'm sure you're just waiting to tell me that your guess was closer than mine," to which I responded that I had no interest in any such thing. I didn't remember exactly what your guess was.

But now, now that we're nearing that magic number for you, you're so happy that you just couldn't resist could you? You really are a sad, sad little man.
                      Ooooh, some one's a little plssy today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                        Not surprising. BP has started doing the same, they sold all their holdings in Alaska for that reason.

Of course our State Government can’t seem to understand that...
                        The last company that made horse buggy whips was the best... but then you move on.
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

The last company that made horse buggy whips was the best... but then you move on.
                          The last company that made horse buggy whips is still in existence. They make horse buggy whips.

Also, who of you -- even the Mass-holes among us -- knew that Westfield, Massachusetts was known as "The Whip City," and was where modern whipmaking (and, presumably, D/s) was born?

Last edited by Kepler; 02-13-2021, 02:32 AM.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• I’m just going to assume that you’re a closeted equestrian and sneak out the side door....
                            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                              I’m just going to assume that you’re a closeted equestrian and sneak out the side door....
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Hearing from a couple Panera Bread managers in this area that their delivery service will be eliminated across all stores and replaced with Door Dash, Grubhub, etc.

Not confirmed yet, but
                                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Working...
                                X