No announcement yet.

Business, Economics, and Taxes: Capitalism. Yay? >=(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Then don't homeschool them, ding dongs.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Trades need people, but I have a hunch these kids aren't enrolling in laborer jobs.

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

Trades need people, but I have a hunch these kids aren't enrolling in laborer jobs.
        Does drug user count as a trade?
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Does drug user count as a trade?
          No, but meth maker does.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Trump still hasn't signed the Stimulus so as of now Unemployment Benefits are running out for millions. As someone who it is 50/50 might need at least partial assistance I am so happy about this.

If he doesn't change his mind and sign it this week could be a very interesting time to watch CNBC. The impact of this could be ridiculous especially since it is not just the Stimulus it is funding the Government as a whole plus the eviction ban is set to end as well.

Tanking the Economy to own the libz!!1!!!

It is cute that cons are defending this because of the "foreign spending" in the budget bill. They arent even waiting til Biden takes office the deficit gaslighting is already starting.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wire...l_twitter_abcn
            Last edited by Handyman; 12-27-2020, 11:41 AM.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              Trump still hasn't signed the Stimulus so as of now Unemployment Benefits are running out for millions. As someone who it is 50/50 might need at least partial assistance I am so happy about this.

If he doesn't change his mind and sign it this week could be a very interesting time to watch CNBC. The impact of this could be ridiculous especially since it is not just the Stimulus it is funding the Government as a whole plus the eviction ban is set to end as well.

Tanking the Economy to own the libz!!1!!!

It is cute that cons are defending this because of the "foreign spending" in the budget bill. They arent even waiting til Biden takes office the deficit gaslighting is already starting.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wire...l_twitter_abcn
              As someone who's significant other has been receiving said benefits since March which has helped keep us afloat, and is unable to find work because its an employers market, this fu**ing sucks.

I too am gonna watch CNBC this week to see just how much turmoil was baked into the market. I don't think it expected the last minute ot twist, but any real volatility is likely for the first week of January when the new Congress starts and accepts (or debates) Biden's win.
              Last edited by aparch; 12-27-2020, 01:10 PM.
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• I dont think turmoil was baked in much...I think they baked in the idea that some Stimulus would pass and that prevented more turmoil. Now...I gotta think even vaccine happiness and a new year with new President wont help. This could get really ugly...

My guess is he signs it at the last possible second he can. If he doesnt...honestly I cant even come up with what the outcomes would be for the country, the GOP, the Senate runoff...any of it. I mean the Fed is propping things up best they can but this is craziness. You are talking about a government shut down, lack of spending power for citizens, evictions, no money for small business and what will likely be high deaths because of the holidays. That is a lot of negatives for a fickle market.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I think he wants to punish everyone.

see, you didn’t vote for me and look what happened. Only I can fix it.

His base will fall for it since they no longer have functional brain cells

Comment

• Yep. He wants to burn everything down on his way out the door.

"Fix that, Sleepy Joe!!"
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      I dont think turmoil was baked in much...I think they baked in the idea that some Stimulus would pass and that prevented more turmoil. Now...I gotta think even vaccine happiness and a new year with new President wont help. This could get really ugly...

My guess is he signs it at the last possible second he can. If he doesnt...honestly I cant even come up with what the outcomes would be for the country, the GOP, the Senate runoff...any of it. I mean the Fed is propping things up best they can but this is craziness. You are talking about a government shut down, lack of spending power for citizens, evictions, no money for small business and what will likely be high deaths because of the holidays. That is a lot of negatives for a fickle market.
                      New Congress starts on the 3rd, though I don't know when exactly on that date. He has until they gavel in to sign it. Otherwise it's null and void because it was passed by the old congress. It's the only time a president can pocket veto. If they had passed it a few days earlier, he would've either had to veto it and face an override vote or let it become law without his signature.

Comment

• I do love the Pocket Veto...just a bit dangerous to use when a shutdown looms. It is a worst case scenario for Mitchy...
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                          I think he wants to punish everyone.

see, you didn’t vote for me and look what happened. Only I can fix it.

His base will fall for it since they no longer have functional brain cells
                          Yeah, Wall Street didn’t vote for him, so he’s more than happy to sink the only part of the economy that had been doing well these past ten months.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• WaPo is reporting Trump is planning to sign the Stimulus...must have been annoyed by all the phone calls from Lady G. and Mitchy Poo ;^)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-po...s/?no_nav=true

President Trump has indicated that he will sign the stimulus bill into law before Monday night’s deadline and avert a government shutdown, three people familiar with his plans said Sunday evening, a move that would release $900 billion in stimulus funds as soon as possible.

The people spoke on the condition of anonymity because the matter remained fluid and they weren’t authorized to disclose Trump’s plans. They said Trump had repeatedly changed his mind on the matter.
                            Trump’s new decision to sign the bill came less than a week after he demanded changes to it and had suggested he would refuse to sign it into law. On Tuesday, he referred to the bill as a “disgrace” but he signaled on Sunday he would sign it after all.

The government was set to shut down on Tuesday if Trump did not sign the bill into law. The spending package also included a new round of stimulus checks, unemployment aid, and small business assistance, among other things.

Trump hinted that there had been a development on Sunday, when he wrote on Twitter that there was “Good news on Covid Relief Bill. Information to follow!”
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Trefoils and child slavery, nom, nom, nom.
                              Cornell University

Comment

• I’ve avoided products with palm oil as much as possible for a long time. At least a decade.

Even sustainably sourced palm is hard to get behind because it still keeps demand for palm high. If the US wanted to get serious about the environment and human rights, palm oil would be banned from importation in any form or state of processing.

Palm oil is like a schedule 1 drug. Up there with petroleum, coal, natural diamonds, and Republicanism.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X