This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
    And some automatically assume guilt, where I assume innocence, unless guilt is proven. You know, like the law dictates (although like MNS said, not the public opinion).
    What innocence? What are you even talking about? They did it and admitted it. Even the ones that returned it admitted it. They aren't even claming others did only you and Kepler are. They saw the loophole and went after it cause they could and they had zero to lose. They did it out in the open for everyone to see. They still don't think they did anything wrong. (ethically not legally). They would do it again tomorrow.

You have a point in a hypothetical but in this case you are defending the kid caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

I don't need a trial to know my girlfriend ate my piece of pizza when she spilled sauce on her shirt.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Re: Business, Economics, and Taxes: Capitalism. Yay? >=(

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      What innocence? What are you even talking about? They did it and admitted it. Even the ones that returned it admitted it. They aren't even claming others did only you and Kepler are. They saw the loophole and went after it cause they could and they had zero to lose. They did it out in the open for everyone to see. They still don't think they did anything wrong. (ethically not legally). They would do it again tomorrow.

You have a point in a hypothetical but in this case you are defending the kid caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

I don't need a trial to know my girlfriend ate my piece of pizza when she spilled sauce on her shirt.
      And where did the CEO or shareholders say they were behind it? It's whoever in charge of the finance. The big bosses may or may not have had a clue that the finance dept applied for it. Depends on the managing. If the big boys say "Hey, we effed up," then fine, bring the thunder.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
        I don’t think you did say it was illegal.
        Yet you quoted my post to go off of?

The sad thing is if this program would have been funded right they never get found. Of course if it had been set up right the loophole doesn't exist in the first place.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

And where did the CEO or shareholders say they were behind it? It's whoever in charge of the finance. The big bosses may or may not have had a clue that the finance dept applied for it. Depends on the managing. If the big boys say "Hey, we effed up," then fine, bring the thunder.
          I don’t think you know how large businesses work

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
            It's the God honest truth. I've read articles that said large banks worked with these large cores because the lending banks get a cut as a courtesy for running this program.

I've listened to business owners talk on live radio about how they have no plan on paying back the loan because they got a loan at rates they couldn't have gotten without the pandemic.

I heard of a corporate CEO flat own admit to CNBC analysts that he can't wait to weed through his layoffs and hire back less employees at lower pay rates because "wages were inflated."

I believe there *is* good in this world, and that there *are* business owners who genuinely needed the loans and got them. I'll even believe that maybe a couple businesses took the loan when they weren't sure about the details.

But, this is coordinated theft by the banks and the large corporations who actively participated.
            Google it not one of them blame "finance guys" or anyone else.

And also...large corporations don't work the way you are suggesting.
            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              I don’t think you know how large businesses work
              Yeah, ok. Let me know where a CEO or CFO micro manages every single position. They manage a few positions below them, who manage a few positions below them, etc etc. For this program? Guessing that most companies' bigwigs didn't bat an eye, and left it to those where that is actually their job.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Yeah, ok. Let me know where a CEO or CFO micro manages every single position. They manage a few positions below them, who manage a few positions below them, etc etc. For this program? Guessing that most companies' bigwigs didn't bat an eye, and left it to those where that is actually their job.
                Micromanage when you’re talking about millions from a high profile gov program?
                I’ve spent my career at large firms. You are off your rocker

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  Yet you quoted my post to go off of?

The sad thing is if this program would have been funded right they never get found. Of course if it had been set up right the loophole doesn't exist in the first place.
                  Yours just happened to be the last in a series of posts complaining about the companies when I elected to respond.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    Micromanage when you’re talking about millions from a high profile gov program?
                    I’ve spent my career at large firms. You are off your rocker
                    My aunt was VP of a major bank, and she flat out said VP doesn't mean sh*.

The big biz companies...a lot gets lost in the translation, so to speak.

Comment

You don’t just apply for things on behalf of a corporation without it being vetted. Especially when government is involved. Most corporations have fairly large departments devoted to handling all government-related manners.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

As someone who defends you often...im begging you to stop. You are out of your depth here. I am not being mean, not insulting you and not trying be a jerk. You sound like people on ESPN describing college hockey. (who aren't Bucci and even he isn't great)
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

My firm has 4000 VPs what is your point?? You are wrong, flat out, and you can never, ever admit it. Are you my mother??

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            You don’t just apply for things on behalf of a corporation without it being vetted. Especially when government is involved. Most corporations have fairly large departments devoted to handling all government-related manners.
                            Not to mention the CFO (often #2 in command structure) would have to sign off on it.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post

This is... undeniably wrong and naive.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                                Yours just happened to be the last in a series of posts complaining about the companies when I elected to respond.
                                Fair enough.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X