X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Business, Economics, and Taxes: Capitalism. Yay? >=(

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Republicans always win. Another reason people love to vote for them.
    Whenever stuff like this happens I remember that quote from the opening of The Newsroom.

If liberals are so ****ing smart, then why do they lose so god**** always?
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Perception question regarding a small private school:

Tuition is ~$20k (excluding room and board), and they’re offering a year of free tuition to all incoming freshmen due to COVFEFE-19. All existing students will get a $1k deduction for next year.

If you were an existing student, would you be upset enough to go elsewhere? Would you be upset at all?

Caveat to this: the school is known as one of the most ardent Catholic schools in the nation.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Republicans always win. Another reason people love to vote for them.
        You really are a fatalist.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

Tuition is ~$20k (excluding room and board), and they’re offering a year of free tuition to all incoming freshmen due to COVFEFE-19. All existing students will get a $1k deduction for next year.

If you were an existing student, would you be upset enough to go elsewhere? Would you be upset at all?

Caveat to this: the school is known as one of the most ardent Catholic schools in the nation.
          Only 1 thousand for existing? I'd be ****ed.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            Only 1 thousand for existing? I'd be ****ed.
            It’s a puzzling offer. However, I know schools have lower enrollments right now due to pandemic as it concerns incoming frosh, so I’m guessing this is a way to beef up enrollment.

I’d certainly want a better deal than 1k off, but it also wouldn’t take much for me to flee a catholic institution.

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

I’d recommend rereading the parable of the workers in the vineyard.
              If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    At my paid job, they've told technicians if you refuse to work at this time, your case can be taken from you and given to someone else.
                    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                      I’d have to read it before I could ever reread it.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                          Is that the one where the son gets jammed for investing well? That one always confused me.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Guy goes into town at 7 AM. Tells everyone they'll get paid the same amount if they come work his vineyard. He's still getting people at 4 PM.

At the end of the parable, the guy who started early in the day is paid the same as the guy who started near the end of the day. The guy who started early felt he was robbed, and the owner said "I told you what I would pay you."
                            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                            Patreon for exclusive writing content
                            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                              Guy goes into town at 7 AM. Tells everyone they'll get paid the same amount if they come work his vineyard. He's still getting people at 4 PM.

At the end of the parable, the guy who started early in the day is paid the same as the guy who started near the end of the day. The guy who started early felt he was robbed, and the owner said "I told you what I would pay you."
                              Lesson: Jesus was weak on moral hazard.
                              Last edited by Kepler; 04-21-2020, 10:32 PM.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post

It's a great parable, truth.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X